Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential CBA Termination and Negotiations
Escrow whining is stupid, at least to me.

If you believe that your effort is worth the split, wait for the cut.
Connor McDavid is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed
Thanks given by:
Notwithstanding your feelings, its a massive point for the players and an early agreement in principle for a reduction would be a great start to the negotiations.
Thanks given by:
What mechanism is better then for getting a 50/50 split, when revenues aren't completely known until the end of the year?
Connor McDavid is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed
Thanks given by:
There are countless ways to structure it and, as per Friedman "Word is the league has presented some kind of model that will decrease escrow"
Thanks given by:
I believe this is simple positioning by the league and can’t imagine the NHL not being at the Olympics in China:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
There's gonna be a work stoppage so long as Don Fehr is involved. The league knows this, that's why they're playing this game
Thanks given by:
Most of the reports I had read was the preliminary discussions were going well - its been a few months since I've read anything on it though.

I will remain cautiously optimist, however, the one thing I can't get out of the back of my mind is the potential that a factor in the SEA franchise being approved for 21/22 was that they were not scheduled to start when there will be potential work stoppage (after 2020/21 assuming there is early termination - which there will be - by the players).
Thanks given by:
John Shannon is reporting that early talks are going swimmingly well and that there is highly unlikely to be any sort of work stoppage and likely not even an opt out by the players as both sides are doing so well under the current CBA. He's advising that compliance buyouts will be extremely unlikely.
Thanks given by:
Bad news for a few teams struggling with cap management.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
This isn't about the CBA but nowhere else to put it.

Competition Committee recommendations for rule changes came out today.

Nothing too crazy but a few to note (if they happen):

- First tiebreaker being only regulation wins as opposed to regulation and OT wins (that can be a big difference).
- after an icing and at the beginning of a PP, the attacking team gets to decide which faceoff dot.
Thanks given by: