Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Game Discussion: Habs VS Hawks, GAME #30
Looking forward to a game that, on paper, should be winnable. CHI is 2-8 in their last 10 games and not much is going right for them right now. Has coming off 2 consecutive wins against the lowly Sens.

Rumour says it is open season on every D from CHI's roster. Let's just hope Bergevin avoids the pitfall of trading for the 35-yr old Keith who has slowed down dramatically and will surely continue ton be on the decline.

Too bad Keith is a lefty. He would have been fast enough to keep up with Alzner. Happy

GO HABS GO!
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
I hate these "winnable" games...

Hawks have more than enough fire power to make life miserable. Thankfully, their defense looks worse than ours, sans Weber. If everyone shows up, and plays with interest, it should be 2 points...

Time will tell, but I will be cheering the boys on.....

GO HABS GO !!!
Thanks given by:
Dont they have that goalie from Mtl who always stones us?
Thanks given by:
Oulette cleared if anyone cares. This time MB guessed right and we didnt lose a player
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 01:00 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Oulette cleared if anyone cares. This time MB guessed right and we didnt lose a player

Woo hoo! Small victories, but can Laval use the help. Their LD will now be Alzner, Mete and Ouellet??? And Despres? What happened to the lefty Czechs? 

Looks like a real mess, might have been better if he'd have been claimed. I'm thinking Despres was on a tryout. is there any way we sign him to an actual contract with all those lefties on board already?

Ouellet's best hockey was played under Bouchard, so maybe this will get him back on track. Of all the guys who have sat for games, the X-man was the one I thought had played consistently well, so I'm not sure what I was missing.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 01:17 PM)on2ndthought Wrote:
(2018-12-08, 01:00 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Oulette cleared if anyone cares. This time MB guessed right and we didnt lose a player

Woo hoo! Small victories, but can Laval use the help. Their LD will now be Alzner, Mete and Ouellet??? And Despres? What happened to the lefty Czechs? 

Looks like a real mess, might have been better if he'd have been claimed. I'm thinking Despres was on a tryout. is there any way we sign him to an actual contract with all those lefties on board already?

Ouellet's best hockey was played under Bouchard, so maybe this will get him back on track. Of all the guys who have sat for games, the X-man was the one I thought had played consistently well, so I'm not sure what I was missing.

Després might be trying out at RD.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
We traditionally played well against Chicago when they were a good team, which makes me nervous about playing against Chicago now that they're a bad team.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 01:58 PM)johnnylarue Wrote: We traditionally played well against Chicago when they were a good team, which makes me nervous about playing against Chicago now that they're a bad team.

I'll second that!
Thanks given by:
Nikita Scherbak will finally make his Kings debut tonight against Vegas
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 02:42 PM)bchippie Wrote: Nikita Scherbak will finally make his Kings debut tonight against Vegas

Hattie
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 03:04 PM)Albert Burtlap Wrote:
(2018-12-08, 02:42 PM)bchippie Wrote: Nikita Scherbak will finally make his Kings debut tonight against Vegas

Hattie

To go with 9 assists and break the single game scoring record.
Thanks given by:
I read online that Juulsen practicing with Kuluk today? But not sure who is with Weber
Thanks given by:
Please, don’t break the Schlemko-Petry pair. They are playing real good lately together.
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 04:14 PM)Leb7 Wrote: Please, don’t break the Schlemko-Petry pair. They are playing real good lately together.

Benn Weber
Schlemko Petry
Kuluk Juulsen

Lol just kidding. No idea the duos at practice today
Thanks given by:
Thank God! But, it's a bit funny because the on worry I had justvprior to reading your post was that Benn would be paired with Weber!!!

I seriously hope it is Reilly getting his shot with Weber instead:

Reilly - Weber
Schlemko - Petry
Kulak - Juulsen
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 12:56 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Dont they have that goalie from Mtl who always stones us?
Yes.
He's a good Lad.
I went to high school with his dad in Chateauguay.
Thanks given by:

Aaaaaaand he's got a goal. How 'bout that!
Thanks given by:
Drouin last game was just shy of 20 minutes TOI, & is first among Habs forwards with 18:13 per game. He also has 17 points in his last 15 games, is on pace for a 74 point season, AND in the last month his corsi has gone from 44% to just shy of 50%.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 05:13 PM)johnnylarue Wrote:

Aaaaaaand he's got a goal. How 'bout that!
Another effed up Russian.
Who cares?
We need Staubitz.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 05:13 PM)bchippie Wrote: Drouin last game was just shy of 20 minutes TOI, & is first among Habs forwards with 18:13 per game. He also has 17 points in his last 15 games, is on pace for a 74 point season, AND in the last month his corsi has gone from 44% to just shy of 50%. 

I personally can't believe that putting him in the best position to succeed produces better results.

It makes no sense and they should abandon the strategy immediately.
Thanks given by: