Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier League thread
(2018-10-11, 04:29 AM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 08:57 AM)Busby Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 05:21 AM)Arsenal Wrote: ManU get the benefit of no VAR and take all 3 points vs. NC.  I really don't know what Jomo is doing...and I don't think he knows either.

What do you mean here?  The young handball call?

There was an exact replica at the newcastle end as well.  So it would have been 4-3 rather than 3-2. 

Regardless though...that was a ridiculous game from united. I'm happy they got back into it, but Newcastle are the worst team in the league.  Any other team would have seen us off with playing one at the back for the second half.  I'm not sure what's going on with the entire football world at the moment.
Yes, the Young hand ball.  I believe it occurred when the score was 2-0.  It's anyone's guess what 3-0 would have done to this version of utd.

Yeah true.  I'm looking around feeling like I'm taking crazy pills looking at the reaction from that game.  Yes, the comeback was nice, but are we really taking anything away from that beyond "holy shit....we are a bad team...I can't believe it's come to this"?

I'm reading shit like "United are back" "attack attack attack" and all that lark.  Fuuuuuuuuuuck Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.  This team is a shambles at the moment.  Low expectation having mother fu**ers.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 09:39 AM)Busby Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 05:21 AM)Arsenal Wrote: ManU get the benefit of no VAR and take all 3 points vs. NC.  I really don't know what Jomo is doing...and I don't think he knows either.

There was an exact replica at the newcastle end as well.  So it would have been 4-3 rather than 3-2. 

Regardless though...that was a ridiculous game from united. I'm happy they got back into it, but Newcastle are the worst team in the league.  Any other team would have seen us off with playing one at the back for the second half.  I'm not sure what's going on with the entire football world at the moment.
Yes, the Young hand ball.  I believe it occurred when the score was 2-0.  It's anyone's guess what 3-0 would have done to this version of utd.

Yeah true.  I'm looking around feeling like I'm taking crazy pills looking at the reaction from that game.  Yes, the comeback was nice, but are we really taking anything away from that beyond "holy shit....we are a bad team...I can't believe it's come to this"?

I'm reading shit like "United are back" "attack attack attack" and all that lark.  Fuuuuuuuuuuck Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.  This team is a shambles at the moment.  Low expectation having mother fu**ers.

I think the Young hand ball was a stonewall penalty if he sees it, which he clearly didn't.  The other one, the referee gets a decent look, and doesn't give it. 

I was actually happy United came back and won after my initial frustration wore off. And for the exact reasons Busby raises here. There is a hardcore of fans who are living on hope, and a comeback win is hope. Only those who can truly see will ask how the eff United got to be two goals down to the bottom club in the league in the first place, and ended up playing two midfielders in central defence, after subbing CB off and leaving another on the bench.

Shambles is too nice a word for it. At this point it looks more like sabotage.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-13, 09:03 PM)miltonred Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 09:39 AM)Busby Wrote:

I think the Young hand ball was a stonewall penalty if he sees it, which he clearly didn't.  The other one, the referee gets a decent look, and doesn't give it. 

I was actually happy United came back and won after my initial frustration wore off. And for the exact reasons Busby raises here. There is a hardcore of fans who are living on hope, and a comeback win is hope. Only those who can truly see will ask how the eff United got to be two goals down to the bottom club in the league in the first place, and ended up playing two midfielders in central defence, after subbing CB off and leaving another on the bench.

Shambles is too nice a word for it. At this point it looks more like sabotage.

We discussed this at length last season, Milt.  I believe your position at the time was defenders know exactly what they're doing when they spread themselves out, head turned or not, while squaring up to a shooter.  Athletes are in control of their bodies...Young knew exactly what he was doing. As for the other thing, well, it's hard to argue that an experienced coach like Jomo doesn't know what he's doing either. It looks like sabotage to me as well.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by: