Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier League thread
Obviously De Gea did a great job and he can only save what was fired at him, but truthfully, Spurs needed to find the corners, everything they shot was right in his wheelhouse. He has great reflexes for anything close enough to him.

However great result for United, against a very, very good Spurs side. No question for me that such a result will re-inforce Solskjaer's grip on the position. The fans love him and he has the big name players performing, its virtually a no-brainer for the clubs hierarchy who would prefer this type of success at low cost, than blowing a fortune on a new manager and a costly clear out.
Thanks given by:
We're back to a bit of the De Gea hyperbole from this result for sure. He's outstanding, no question about it, but United were more than good for their goal. They saw out a fantastic game plan of counter attacking football, which is exactly the sort of coaching you'd like to see. This wasn't a one sided game. Lloris faced 8 shots to De Gea's 11...hardly a one sided affair. I thought Pogba was excellent. The assist for the goal combined with Lingards defensive awareness made it all the more impressive to me.

I agree about the shots being in DDG's save bubble Milt. It's a big bubble though. His footwork is the best around, but they're goals you might see scored on others. He made a few diving saves as well.

On the topic of OGS....I've been saying this in a few other group chats and such, but I really don't see why he doesn't get the job at the end of the year. He's got experience, and experience coaching our best players. He's got the "United Way" in his blood and is clearly translating it to the players. He's making the best use of his players and is fitting the style to them (they're already built for this style which makes the Jose tenure all the more frustrating). I see no advantage to getting a guy like Zidane or Allegri in. Or even the guys they're using to make up the numbers in the Media, like Simeone. It's being made out that the new manager has to be a "marquee" signing on the level of a player and that's just plain wrong. I see no advantage to anyone else at this point. We've kinda run through the historically proven guys (with the exception of Pep or Klopp - and even Klopp hasn't won that much [two bundesliga, which is great, not trying to take a dig here]) and there's not many proven guys left. Zidane wandered into one of the greatest squads in the last decade. Allegri has benefitted from a significantly less competitive league and would have a natural language barrier. PLUS....he's a 1-0 type manager.

I want someone to tell me who's clearly a better choice.
Thanks given by:
Devastating news for the Spurs. Harry Kane out till March.

Thanks given by:
(2019-01-15, 01:07 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Devastating news for the Spurs. Harry Kane out till March.

Brutal, by the time Son get's back, they may be out of Europe, who's going to score for them now that these two are gone? Of their 45 goals, 22 came from these two. 

They're going to have to pitch clean sheets until Son gets back to draw games, 1 'easy' game and two that have the potential to be quite tricky. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go 1-1-1- or 0-1-2 over their next three. 

Sissoko may be out again for a bit too after he pulled up.
Thanks given by:
I think this is one of the only plays United have to get a guy like Pochettino...squad size. United, City and maybe Chelsea don't suffer from this problem of who they can bring in when there's two or three absences. Spurs are ***** with three starters missing for a four-six week stretch.
Thanks given by:
Trippier and Ali have a chance to step and showcase Spurs attacking options imo
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-15, 05:04 PM)bicboi Wrote: Trippier and Ali have a chance to step and showcase Spurs attacking options imo

They have Eriksen, Alli, Maura, Lamela, Llorente might get a run too... but these guys aren't replacing Kane/Son
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-15, 05:30 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 05:04 PM)bicboi Wrote: Trippier and Ali have a chance to step and showcase Spurs attacking options imo

They have Eriksen, Alli, Maura, Lamela, Llorente might get a run too... but these guys aren't replacing Kane/Son

Spurs have a lot of injuries.  Moura is injured (he missed United) and Dembele is being sold to China I believe in the January window.

Serge Aurier missed United because he's been accused of assault or something like that...he's not the best character.

Llorente could do a job, but he's been pretty bad when he comes on. He's made six appearances all year...all as a sub. 

Dier has had surgery apparently. 
Wanyama and Sissoko are out too as far as I can see.
Trippier is areal liability in defense, so there's quite a few problems all around imo.

The key issue is that while Spurs have bodies...they don't exactly fit the current style.  I mean, Lamela or Dele aren't going to play the way Kane does, so Pochettino may have to change tactics quite a bit. 

This is the time of year where titles are won or lost.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-16, 12:12 PM)Busby Wrote:

...or 4th place, depending on who you support.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 01:12 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 11:06 AM)Arsenal Wrote: Hey Bic...congrats ya bastard....Ars extending hand.

Cheers mate, I'm just happy to see Rice do something, the lad was stagnating a bit from last season

You better hope you can hang on to this lad.  He's got everything I'd want in a player at United.  Everything.  He's 19, and I know he just signed a new deal with you lot, but I would like us to buy him.  Such a quality holding mid.  He's only going to get better.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-16, 12:14 PM)Arsenal Wrote:

Didn't you hear? 6th place is the new 4th place!
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-16, 12:26 PM)Busby Wrote:
(2019-01-16, 12:14 PM)Arsenal Wrote:

Didn't you hear? 6th place is the new 4th place!
You cheeky bugger.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-16, 12:25 PM)Busby Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 01:12 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 11:06 AM)Arsenal Wrote: Hey Bic...congrats ya bastard....Ars extending hand.

Cheers mate, I'm just happy to see Rice do something, the lad was stagnating a bit from last season

You better hope you can hang on to this lad.  He's got everything I'd want in a player at United.  Everything.  He's 19, and I know he just signed a new deal with you lot, but I would like us to buy him.  Such a quality holding mid.  He's only going to get better.

Pellegrini better be willing to keep him, especially considering some of the people he wants to sign. He needs to recognize we have developed some talent of our own!
Thanks given by:
Here we go....Arsenal and Chelsea.  I'm looking at this match as our last chance to compete for a CL spot this season.
Thanks given by:
Spoiler......

2-0 Arsenal at Half. WTF!
Thanks given by:
Bournemouth beat West Ham 2-0. Dammit, at least put up a goal, i figured we had our attacking plan figured out
Thanks given by:
Rashford this season:

4 goals in 20 games under Mourinho.

5 goals in 7 games under Ole.

Rashford has turned into a top striker under Ole.

Thanks given by: