Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price is high for Lowry
3 year's 100 million.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
"Not sure if I need a stiff drink to understand Shawn's threads...or a stiffer drink to recover from reading them"
Ulu
Thanks given by:
Meh, that's about what I thought he'd get, maybe a tiny bit more. Didn't Holiday just sign for 25M?
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
He's getting 25 million a season and Lowry about 35 for two and 30 for one.I thought 20-25 a season for Lowry. I'm not sure about Holiday I don't watch much Pelican games but I'm guessing it's a bit high

"Not sure if I need a stiff drink to understand Shawn's threads...or a stiffer drink to recover from reading them"
Ulu
Thanks given by:
They needed to keep him...but it's a lot of money to not improve the team...and it kind of handcuffs them from improving. They still haven't replaced Tucker.
Thanks given by:
It's almost close to Curry money and he isn't even close to Curry.I think getting paid this kind of money is going to put a lot of pressure on him

Ulu
Thanks given by:
That's actually less money than I thought he'd sign for. I figured someone desperate would offer him a max or near max deal @ 4 years 149 million.
Thanks given by:
They had to sign him, lising Lowry would have hurt the Raps to much.
Thanks given by:
I think Lowry just wanted the most money and Toronto offered the most.

Honestly, even without Lowry the Raptors were probably still going to be a top 5-6 team in the East, that's just how weak the East is. Pending any more significant changes, a realistic goal for the Raptors would be finishing top-4 and winning a round. I wouldn't be surprised to see another Toronto-Milwaukee first round matchup.
Thanks given by:
Looks like the Raptors are going to ride this core for the next three years or so. I guess that makes sense - they'll be successful and fill the seats, but probably won't ever be nearly good enough to win it all (barring some major moves).

Losing Tucker and Patterson will hurt, IMO. Not sure who will replace them, but to improve they'll need it to come internally (from guys like Powell) and perhaps from trading a guy like Valanciunas.
Thanks given by:
With Hayward signing in Boston, I think it's going to be tough for the Raptors to sneak into the top-2, but I wouldn't count them out. At the end of the day, Lowry and Derozan is still a pretty potent 1-2 punch, Ibaka is in the team for a full season, and I still think there is room for improvement in JV's game.

I can also see Cleveland taking a step back this year, though they are still the favourites.
Thanks given by:
Liking this signing, it's fun watching his team in the season!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: