Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Trade Idea
Well Landeskog is in the mix again.
Pool Party is sent down.
Pouliot isn't paying out well.
Florida needs help.
Arizona is selling......just about everyone over 26.
Miller/Markstrom have value.

The Nucks need to see what they have in Pedan.

Colorado is looking for a big left handed dman.
Edmonton could use a right handed dman and cap relief.
Florida wants to load up for a cup run before all the vets are too old.
Any number of teams can use an upgrade in goal.

These guys will be available.

Puljujarvi - Barkov - Landeskog

I doubt as a line they would even be as good as the Sedins have been in their prime, they aren't McDavid, Mathews, Eichel, Crosby, Ovie or Malkin, but they would be a more than decent first line in a year or two and with the team for over 5 years so moving a draft pick or two still leaves time to find other kids to fill in as not many picks stay in the minors for 3 years and still make a big difference to a NHL team.

Trade whomever has to be moved, take back salary, retain salary.
Get what they can for Virtanen before everyone figures out he is a bust for top line duty.

Right now the Nucks have some depth at defence and third/fourth liners (8) and this is a poor draft year for forwards.

Timing is going to be a bitch because of the expansion draft but that draft might add value all out of proportion to draft picks. The team can lose only one player to Vegas but Benning has screwed the team for trading at the TDL due to giving out those NT and NM contracts, they lost a big value in that dumb move.

As I posted in July, by the time of the TDL the Nucks will be 4 to 6 points outside of a playoff berth and have to DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR because it should be obvious that they are a one and done playoff team even if they make it as they are now.

All three mentioned can be obtained.

2018 draft players to see so far are Anderson Mac'Donald and Rasmus Dahlin, at this time they do seem to be standing slightly ahead of their age groups.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it!
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 12:42 PM)TheGuardian Wrote: Well Landeskog is in the mix again.
Pool Party is sent down.
Florida needs help.

I doubt as a line they would even be as good as the Sedins have been in their prime, they aren't McDavid, Mathews, Eichel, Crosby, Ovie or Malkin, but they would be a more than decent first line in a year or two and with the team for over 5 years so moving a draft pick or two still leaves time to find other kids to fill in as not many picks stay in the minors for 3 years and still make a big difference to a NHL team.

Get what they can for Virtanen before everyone figures out he is a bust for top line duty.

Right now the Nucks have some depth at defence and third/fourth liners (8) and this is a poor draft year for forwards.

Timing is going to be a bitch because of the expansion draft but that draft might add value all out of proportion to draft picks. The team can lose only one player to Vegas but Benning has screwed the team for trading at the TDL due to giving out those NT and NM contracts, they lost a big value in that dumb move.

As I posted in July, by the time of the TDL the Nucks will be 4 to 6 points outside of a playoff berth and have to DO SOMETHING THIS YEAR because it should be obvious that they are a one and done playoff team even if they make it as they are now.

2018 draft players to see so far are Anderson Mac'Donald and Rasmus Dahlin, at this time they do seem to be standing slightly ahead of their age groups.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 01:11 PM)Marsh Wrote:
Pool Party is sent down.
Florida needs help.

deleted response....what a crock, this and the other sky is falling post, Guardian.
Thanks given by:
One and done predictions are a mugs game.    Once you make the playoffs if your team is working hard and your goalie is playing outstanding you can go 2 and done or 3 and done or 4 and done or not. 

The Canucks are never as bad as you think TG.    But even if they are so what?     Whining about NTC and NMC is also a mugs game.   

I hope the team continues to play with heart and that management makes some moves for picks at the deadline.      I do not want to see us pick up a whole new first line by giving up all our picks..     This draft may not end up being as weak as people are saying....seldom it is.

Having said that if someone offered a 1st or 2nd and 3rd for Miller it would be sweet.   This might be the year to do so to.....at least 4 wannabee teams are hurtin in net for starter and backup.     With about 8 teams worrying.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
TG,

Where do you come up with this crap?

That's about the worst post you've written and that's saying a LOT.
Thanks given by:
Not a reply to the original post, but the use of "mugs game" got me searching:

mug's game

PRONUNCIATION:
(mugz gaym) 

MEANING:
noun: A foolish or futile activity.

ETYMOLOGY:
From mug (slang for a fool), from Scandinavian word mugg/mugge (drinking cup). In earlier times drinking cups were adorned with grotesque faces, which resulted in the various senses of the word, nouns (face, dupe, thug) and verbs (to assault, to make faces, to photograph).

[Image: mugs_game_large.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pool Party is sent down.
Florida needs help.

The G,

I stopped at the point when you suggested that  Puljujarvi WILL be available.... why did I stop you ask,  because, well, I'm a sensible person.  Wink

But I'm also willing to hear you out.

So, without getting into a 7000 word essay, can you tell me why you believe the Oilers have already given up on an 18 year old, 3rd overall pick... keeping in mind , that you said he WILL be available... and Go...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 05:04 PM)abdemarco Wrote: Not a reply to the original post, but the use of "mugs game" got me searching:

mug's game

PRONUNCIATION:
(mugz gaym) 

MEANING:
noun: A foolish or futile activity.

ETYMOLOGY:
From mug (slang for a fool), from Scandinavian word mugg/mugge (drinking cup). In earlier times drinking cups were adorned with grotesque faces, which resulted in the various senses of the word, nouns (face, dupe, thug) and verbs (to assault, to make faces, to photograph).

[Image: mugs_game_large.jpg]

Which one is Guardian?
Thanks given by:
you guys are harsh.

Guardian is having a bit of fun.
I suspect.
I hope.
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
No trades are our best thing right now. Stability: Look it up, and try to think why it's important to the morale of a team.. THEN think about how good morale is conducive to growing a winner.
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Puljarv is going to be the bust of last years draft. been saying it for awhile.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 02:49 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: Puljarv is going to be the bust of last years draft. been saying it for awhile.

Hey Squatch, he just might be a bust... but I highly doubt the Oilers will give up on the guy on or before the upcoming trade deadline... My guess is, he will be given the same amount of time Yakapov was given, or thereabouts, before he's moved ( if he's moved ).

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:15 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 02:49 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: Puljarv is going to be the bust of last years draft. been saying it for awhile.

Hey Squatch, he just might be a bust... but I highly doubt the Oilers will give up on the guy on or before the upcoming trade deadline... My guess is, he will be given the same amount of time Yakapov was given, or thereabouts, before he's moved ( if he's moved ).

Of course not. Edm would be stupid to give up on him. and Any other team would be stupid to try and aquire him. 

Gaurdian always makes these threads, starts some really random EA NHL un realistic trade proposals. 

Reality is Benning would have to pull a lucky charm out of his ass if he was in hopes of getting anything of value from anything we have. 

Personally i'd like to see what a deal would look like with Miller traded for Fleury. (what would it take to make that happen).
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 03:28 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 03:15 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

Of course not. Edm would be stupid to give up on him. and Any other team would be stupid to try and aquire him. 

Gaurdian always makes these threads, starts some really random EA NHL un realistic trade proposals. 

Reality is Benning would have to pull a lucky charm out of his ass if he was in hopes of getting anything of value from anything we have. 

Personally i'd like to see what a deal would look like with Miller traded for Fleury. (what would it take to make that happen).

Puljarv is EIGHTEEN . How can any thinking man call him a bust? Icon_rolleyes   Icon_eek
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
To be fair I was saying he was going to be a bust before he was even drafted. He was the one player in the top 5 I didn't want. Should be evidence I said that in a few of the draft threads. I didn't want him then. Don't want him now.

It's a feeling from everything I read and saw. My opinion but not really any basis.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-10, 10:31 PM)nicky Wrote: you guys are harsh.  

I suspect.
I hope.

More like I doubt.

Pool Party available, yeah i can see it  Icon_rolleyes

The Question i'm wondering is if we can somehow land Matt Duchane would that fast track the rebuild?
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:00 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:

I suspect.
I hope.

More like I doubt.

The Question i'm wondering is if we can somehow land Matt Duchane would that fast track the rebuild?

I doubt anyone on the Canucks would be enough to get Duchene!

If he were to play centre, what would the Canucks do with Sutter? Duchene, Henrik, Horvat, and Sutter on the fourth line? Plus if they trade a defenseman it means they can't protect Baer, Granlund, AND Hansen from expansion and probably have to slot Sbisa into the 3 protected defensemen in the 7-3-1 model of protected players.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-11, 09:51 PM)Marsh Wrote:

I suspect.
I hope.

More like I doubt.

If he were to play centre, what would the Canucks do with Sutter? Duchene, Henrik, Horvat, and Sutter on the fourth line? Plus if they trade a defenseman it means they can't protect Baer, Granlund, AND Hansen from expansion and probably have to slot Sbisa into the 3 protected defensemen in the 7-3-1 model of protected players.

Hank is in his final year (next year) and Sutter would shift down to his natural third line center role. Horvat, Duchene, and Sutter down the middle for the next 4-5 years (possibly longer).
Thanks given by:
The Sedins will be back. Short term deals with lower cash. But they will be back. I don't see them retiring. They are hardly ever injured. A

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: C_Squared
(2017-01-11, 10:38 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2017-01-11, 09:51 PM)Marsh Wrote:

I suspect.
I hope.

More like I doubt.

Hank is in his final year (next year) and Sutter would shift down to his natural third line center role. Horvat, Duchene, and Sutter down the middle for the next 4-5 years (possibly longer).
That works. I like Duchene.  Unfortunately the Canucks best assets to trade are on defense and a D for a F trade screws the Canucks.

I  think it'should just an incredibly difficult year to make trades with expansion coming up.  It has to be one-for-one trades within the protected lists or a team is likely to lose what they just acquired.

Guardian,  I see your proposal and I raise you selling and moving the Canucks to Quebec and rebuilding with an expansion team.
Thanks given by: