Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospect tracker: Tkachuk vs Zadina
I have these two since we could have picked either and there was a debate over whom we would end up with.
I wanted Brady for his potential of being a "in your face" type of player.
I know many wanted the skill Filip would bring to the table.

BT is in the NHL and FZ is with Grand Rapids.
If we had drafted Filip, I doubt we would have sent him to the AHL (although he needs it).
I think Brady's physique and maturity enables him to be in the NHL right off the bat. He is adjusting very well.
Zadina has 2 goals in 5 games already for the Griffins.

Still early to compare, but I have the feeling we took the right player at the right time.
Thanks given by:
I hope so too. I think we Sens fans were just missing the days of having a very skilled flash and dash type forward but really, it's all about picking players that give us the best chance to win every night regardless of how many goals or points they're going to put up. Not to say Tkachuk isn't or won't be putting up points but he's obviously not the flashy type and most of his points are going to be dirty and from being infront of the crease, which in my opinion is something we've been missing for 25 years.
Thanks given by:
I think Tkachuk was picked since he seemed pretty NH ready especially when you consider what he brings to the table and how the Sens haven't really had that. Not sure if anyone else available would be able to play really high. I really don't think Tkachuk has an overly high ceiling but I'm cheering for him to prove me wrong. My only concern is that he might be immature given what I've seen from his brother. I don't want us to have to deal with any dirty play of any kind. Its okay to have emotion and show it, just rein in the dumb penalties Brady! Can't wait to see him play even more! We're playing Dallas tomorrow, hope Brady can push his way through and score a few!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I trust the brand name he brings, and plus he's my type of hockey player, nose for the net, bit of sandpaper, not afraid to get into it. he's also highly highly skilled. I would still have chosen him over Zadina even if he were not on the team now.
Thanks given by:
Only one of these guys comes with an IQ toggle switch though. Here is the “off” setting.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-14, 07:51 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: I hope so too. I think we Sens fans were just missing the days of having a very skilled flash and dash type forward but really, it's all about picking players that give us the best chance to win every night regardless of how many goals or points they're going to put up. Not to say Tkachuk isn't or won't be putting up points but he's obviously not the flashy type and most of his points are going to be dirty and from being infront of the crease, which in my opinion is something we've been missing for 25 years.

The Sens' last highly skilled, "in your face" type guy was Chara.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-16, 05:12 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-10-14, 07:51 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: I hope so too. I think we Sens fans were just missing the days of having a very skilled flash and dash type forward but really, it's all about picking players that give us the best chance to win every night regardless of how many goals or points they're going to put up. Not to say Tkachuk isn't or won't be putting up points but he's obviously not the flashy type and most of his points are going to be dirty and from being infront of the crease, which in my opinion is something we've been missing for 25 years.

The Sens'  last highly skilled, "in your face" type guy was Chara.

I was thinking more at the forward position when I wrote that but yes Chara was that on defense.
Thanks given by:
Ohhhhhhhh boy our #1 pick is just developing into quite the player.
I know it's super early in his career, but hard not to get excited by this guy!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Point per game player so far and he's nearly perfected his role of making space deep in the opponents zone. He's not a defensive liability and isn't taking any dumb penalties. I hope hos offense is better than his brothers because Matthew is having an awesome offensive year with Calgary!
Thanks given by:
2nd in rookie scoring and putting up points at a greater rate tha supposed run away rookie of the year Pettersson. Tkachuk also brings waaayyyy more to the table than Pettersson. He scores, he fights, he hits and he plays in all situations. He certainly doesn’t get thrown around like a rag doll with one hand.

It’s too bad he missed a month, but there is still tons of time to close that point gap. Only 5 back in 7 less games. It’s probably a 2 pony race between them right now.

And to think at the draft I would have preferred Zadina...not disappointed now that’s for sure.
Thanks given by:
I can't believe he's only 19... love it so far
Thanks given by:
Brady is making me eat my words. I still think Boqvist will be the best out of that drafr but right now, Brady is the most NHL ready and best player out of the draft (god i hope i didn't jinx that lol).

I think he'll have to go on a scoring run to close the gap between him and EP. Even if he doesn't, EP had a full year of development in Europe against men where he utterly dominated. EP also isn't a slouch in other ends of the ice so it's no shame if Tkachuk doesn't win the Calder.
Thanks given by:
The only thing I worry about is that he doesn't become another Lucic. Tough guys who can score early in their careers and then become useless later on. Then again if he helps us win a cup and then goes on to become useless for another team then I'm ok with that Wink
Thanks given by:
What impresses me about Brady is that he plays like an experienced man. He's physical and doesn't get intimidated on the ice.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
Yeah looks like I was wrong.

His success almost shouldn't be possible. 8 goals in 40 NCAA games and in his first 20 games or whatever it is he has 9.

I was also wrong about Colin White.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-30, 06:41 PM)andreroy Wrote: Yeah looks like I was wrong.

His success almost shouldn't be possible. 8 goals in 40 NCAA games and in his first 20 games or whatever it is he has 9.

I was also wrong about Colin White.

Don't beat yourself up, it's only one season, and you could still turn out to be right about both of them although I am more surprised with White than I am Tkachuk I was starting to worry that he was going to be a 1st round bust like Lazar and Jim O'brien.
Thanks given by:
The kid is so much fun to watch.
He is fearless in front of the net and competes like no other Sens I can remember.
My only complaint, he falls on the ice like Shawn McEachern used to! Way too often and easily...

But I think with some coaching, and body filling as he matures, Brady will be a monster on the ice.
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-06, 11:22 AM)SenStanley Wrote: My only complaint, he falls on the ice like Shawn McEachern used to! Way too often and easily...

But I think with some coaching, and body filling as he matures, Brady will be a monster on the ice.

100% agree with him falling around to much. He's still growing and going to get stronger so he'll be even more of a monster in the opponents zone. Really hope he figures out how to stop falling around because that's where his injuries will happen.

Also hoping to see him carry the puck a bit more, i believe his puck skills are overlooked as a result if his frame.
Thanks given by: