Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospects Thread
Since we're technically rebuilding and have a shit ton of young guys being asked to step up, figured it'd be a good idea to have a thread where we can keep an eye out for our prospects that aren't in the big club.

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018/10/...ctober-9th

There was a nice blurb about Norris registering a point in the first game for the University of Michigan in their season. 3 of their top 4 scorers are gone and its a great chance for him to step up and hone is offensive game. Really hope he signs a contract with the Sens but more importantly shows that he's worth it
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
https://www.silversevensens.com/2018/12/...s-lindberg

We traded Erkamps and Sexton to the Penguins and got back Tobias Lindeberg and Setfan Elliott.

"If Tobias Lindberg’s name sounds familiar, it’s because he has a long history with the Senators organization. Originally drafted by Ottawa in the fourth round of the 2013 draft, he quickly rose up their prospect rankings, all the way to #11 on our 2015 Top 25 Under 25 list after winning the Memorial Cup with the Oshawa Generals. During his rookie pro season with Binghamton, however, he was traded to Toronto as a part of the large package that brought Dion Phaneuf to Ottawa.

After signing with the Vegas Golden Knights a year later, Lindberg was even more recently included in a Sens trade, serving as a chip-in going from Vegas to Pittsburgh during the Derick Brassard three-way deal. If you also count the fact that the Sens traded for Lindberg’s draft rights as part of the 2013 Ben Bishop trade, this will be Ottawa’s fourth time involving Lindberg in one of their deals.

As a 23-year-old right-winger, he currently has six points in fifteen games on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. He makes $650,000 in the NHL, and $80,000 in the AHL, on a contract that expires after this season. He will be a restricted free agent."
Thanks given by:
I once had high hopes for Lindberg and was disappointed he was included in the Phaneuf trade.

But I was wrong. Career minor leaguer for sure.
Thanks given by:
Honestly I think we've been wrong about most of our prospects who got traded that we thought "no we would we trade him" but apparently our management team seems to have a pretty good grasp of who to keep and who to let go. Off the top of my head without looking I can think of :

Shane Prince
Matt Puempel
Stefan Noesen
Tobias Lindberg
Jonathan Dahlen
Thanks given by:
I mean Dahlen is still tracking really well for the Nucks. Even if he doesn't pan out the whole giving up assets for a crap return (like Burrows) was the issue.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-06, 01:52 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: Honestly I think we've been wrong about most of our prospects who got traded that we thought "no we would we trade him" but apparently our management team seems to have a pretty good grasp of who to keep and who to let go. Off the top of my head without looking I can think of :

Shane Prince
Matt Puempel
Stefan Noesen
Tobias Lindberg
Jonathan Dahlen

Rundblad (to acquire Turris)
Thanks given by:
Dahlen seems to be struggling in the AHL a bit, but I believe that whole team is crap, so hard to judge (kinda like Belleville).

But yes, what an absolutely horrible trade. Dude has to be bought out a year later. You know it’s bad when you trade for a guy who was so bad you end up paying him not to play.

Dorions worst trade, and he’s had some bad ones.
Thanks given by:
I think the Rundblad trade for Turris is my favourite that I've seen the organization make!
Thanks given by:
Yashin for Spezza and Chara.

It’s one of the most lopsided trades in history IMO. Yashin signed a super long mega contract and had to be bought out shortly after. Ottawa got a future hall of gamer and a really good number 1 Centre in return.

And Bill Muckalt!
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-06, 02:28 PM)bicboi Wrote: I think the Rundblad trade for Turris is my favourite that I've seen the organization make!

Wait never mind, we traded a pick that became Tarasenko for Rundblad when we already had Karlsson in the system lol
Thanks given by:
sure, but thats an entirely different transaction
Thanks given by: