Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Prospects Update - 2018/19 Season
Didn't see the third period but the Rein tied it up late and won in a shootout. Marody couldn't score on an OT breakaway - would have been his fourth OT goal of the year.
Thanks given by:
No more OHL games being shown on network TV this weekend but Guelph/Kitchener are on SN next Thursday and Friday - great chance for Oilers fans to see Samorukov in action.
Thanks given by:
SWEDISHPOSTER says:
March 23, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Filip Berglund, one of the unsigned 3rd rounders, played 17:40 in a 2-0 win for his team. The coaches rolled the pairs pretty evenly but when they were clamping down late he got a lot of ice. He also played 5 v 6 in the last minute.
Pretty sure he will get signed eventually, you have 4 years to sign euros, he’s mentioned how the Oilers keep in touch every week and when MacTavish was over in Sweden recently they sounded pleased with his development. Not sure he comes over next season with the logjam building up in Bako but I think they either sign him after the playoffs and loan him back next season or they sign him next spring. Imo he’s earned his ELC.
Thanks given by:
No Rodrigue for Drummondville.

No Maksimov for Niagara.

Damn.
Thanks given by:
From accounts, Maksimov is unlikely to play in the entire first round - blah!
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-23, 08:43 PM)Pouzar Wrote: From accounts, Maksimov is unlikely to play in the entire first round - blah!

Partial MCL tear for Maksimov - blah
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-23, 11:25 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 08:43 PM)Pouzar Wrote: From accounts, Maksimov is unlikely to play in the entire first round - blah!

Partial MCL tear for Maksimov - blah

If Rieder had scored 12-goals this year this would not have happened.  Damn you, Tobias!
Thanks given by:
Bouchard with an assist on a first period PP goal. 2-0 London after one.

Guelph is up 4-0 after the first period - no boxcars for Samorukov.

Of note again, Guelph is on SN this coming Thursday and Friday - I, personally, can't wait to watch Samorukov play.
Thanks given by:
Three assists for Bouchard in a 5-0 win. That’s 7 points in 2 games.

Samorukov with an assist in a 7-0 win.

Both up 2-0 in their respective series and I think the 2nd round will have them play each other (at least one will be available for the Bake).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Bouchard leading the OHL in playoff scoring after 2 games with 7 points is large   

Good on the kid.
Thanks given by:
I didn't hear it but I guess Nicholson mentioned the potential for John Marino to join Bakersfield next season (said it on Oilers Now).

Interesting because (1) he has another year of college eligibility and (2) I had heard rumblings that he didn't have the desire to sign.

This doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if he has another year of college, why sign him now when there is going to be a log-jam in Bakersfield to start with?

I mean, I'd rather leave him in college and sign and bring Berglund over.
Thanks given by: