Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quinn Hughes
(2018-08-08, 07:52 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-07-28, 10:10 AM)binder Wrote: well I am not sad to hear this but I hope he signs a contract soon

this is why I hate drafting us college players, they are becoming almost as big a risk to draft as Russians

I think you will be okay. 

Refusing to sign with Vancouver and waiting until being eligible for free agency would cost Hughes millions of dollars. Not even I hate the Canucks enough to sacrifice millions of dollars by not signing with them. 

Besides, if anyone were at risk of losing a prospect in the above fashion, it would be Ottawa. Vancouver may not be a good team but you guys are not hopelessly dysfunctional.
Laugh Laugh Laugh     Or we may be a decent team and nowhere near remotely dysfunctional......recent history shall not be mentioned.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
well just use this for the world junior thread it seems lol

tyler madden with 2 goals for team usa tonight finishing off the round robin

mike DiPietro looked good most of the game their were a couple of shakey moments for him, but he could have used some help from his team on the Russian go ahead goal

quinn hughes didn't have a lot of points during the round robin, but if you go look through the scoring summaries none of the defenseman really had any big games, im not sure if this is just a fluke, or if its the system their coach employees having a part in it, hard to say

what I did notice was Quinn was always at least an even player, well playing the most minutes of any defenseman on the team in all games
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
Tyler Madden has catipulted his stock in these World Jr’s. He hasn’t just scored, but he has been one of the best players on the ice every game he has played.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-01, 07:35 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Tyler Madden has catipulted his stock in these World Jr’s. He hasn’t just scored, but he has been one of the best players on the ice every game he has played.

though I believe adam Guadette is an nhl player in the future, I think tyler madden might be what we were hoping gaudette would be
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
Hard not to get excited about Hughes.

Thanks given by:
(2019-01-04, 04:20 PM)trapper Wrote: Does Q. Hughes have any points in the tournament?

2 A's.
Thanks given by: trapper
Hughes has absolutely dominated controlled exits and primary shot contributions though. The points will come. Don't get too high or too low on anyone's production in a 2 week tournament sample size.

Thanks given by:
(2019-01-04, 04:45 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Hughes has absolutely dominated controlled exits and primary shot contributions though. The points will come. Don't get too high or too low on anyone's production in a 2 week tournament sample size.

Oh, I'm not down about his play at all. I wish there were more points and I do think he could play better, but he is playing a solid team game for the most part.

If the World Jr's were the end all be all of predictors of NHL success, then Casey Mittlestadt would be the Calder front runner and not Elias Pettersson.
Thanks given by:
So, Madden and Hughes are going to the Gold Medal game.

Madden may very well be the captain of a defending gold medal champs next year.

I just wish the crowd would stop booing Team USA. 2 of our 3 most important prospects playing in the tournament are playing on Team USA FFS!!!
Thanks given by: trapper
I didn’t realize Madden was John’s boy. Madden stood out quite well in the first period, but I didn’t notice him much at all after that. In the first I kept thinking, damn, Nucks got a good one. He was all over the ice and the puck. In the 2nd and 3rd, I kinda wondered where he went. It was weird seeing a Nuck prospect in Hughes playing with an Oiler prospect in Kemp. Quinn didn’t stand out, but I think once they got the lead, he was concentrating more on shut down than offense.
Thanks given by: