Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RATW Playoffs , week 1
Matchups for the quarters:

Bong v Kahuna

Chip v Canuxxx

Heisenberg v Lime

Topgun v Thebest

Himmel and I decided that we wanted to concentrate on our hockey teams....  Cool

Good Luck guys...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
I didn't even realize I'd make the playoffs lol. And now I've had one of my best weeks, still not out of the woods yet though.
Thanks given by:
Well I did not see that coming lol. I'm assuming I made it in on points for the tiebreaker, a whole 0.72 on himmel, and a much bigger 0.76 on savary lol. Then topgun has probably his worst week of the season, and I win by almost 40, in a league I had written off months ago lol.
Thanks given by:
This was my worst week by far. I had tough match ups across the board save for 2 or 3.

Congrats TB on the victory!
Thanks given by:
It's stupid lol. In a 10 team league, 8 teams should not make the playoffs. I assumed it was 6, with Top 2 getting a bye. I have no business still being alive in this league.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-10, 11:57 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: It's stupid lol. In a 10 team league, 8 teams should not make the playoffs. I assumed it was 6, with Top 2 getting a bye. I have no business still being alive in this league.

It was 6 but Savary changed it a few weeks back. It's football, anything can happen. Congrats.
Thanks given by:
Oh for sure! In my other league (the one I actually paid attention to most weeks lol). I ended up 6th (16 team dynasty league), face 3rd (2nd highest scoring team), beat them but only because of the line of scrimmage TD pass by Cousins to someone not named Thielen lol. In fact all 4 matchups, the underdog won. Assuming stat correction doesn't rear it's ugly head.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-11, 12:04 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: Oh for sure! In my other league (the one I actually paid attention to most weeks lol). I ended up 6th (16 team dynasty league), face 3rd (2nd highest scoring team), beat them but only because of the line of scrimmage TD pass by Cousins to someone not named Thielen lol. In fact all 4 matchups, the underdog won. Assuming stat correction doesn't rear it's ugly head.

That's awesome. Good luck going forward.
Thanks given by:
I just noticed in that league where all the underdogs won, that 1 vs 8 matchup, was the highest scoring team in the league(1), versus the 3rd highest scoring team in the league(8). Talk about a tough draw for winning your league in the regular season!
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-11, 12:00 AM)topgun Wrote:
(2018-12-10, 11:57 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: It's stupid lol. In a 10 team league, 8 teams should not make the playoffs. I assumed it was 6, with Top 2 getting a bye. I have no business still being alive in this league.

It was 6 but Savary changed it a few weeks back. It's football, anything can happen. Congrats.

Sorry, had to come back to this. Was that voted on? That's pretty sketchy changing the playoff format mid-season. Never seen that before.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-11, 12:24 AM)thebest41587 Wrote:
(2018-12-11, 12:00 AM)topgun Wrote:

Sorry, had to come back to this. Was that voted on? That's pretty sketchy changing the playoff format mid-season. Never seen that before.

To be fair to Sav he did ask for input from everyone by posting a thread. I was cool with either format.
Thanks given by:
I see the thread now, and the responses don't change my opinion any. 10 team league and 3 responses, 2 yes's (1 by a team that recognized he didn't deserve to make it) and 1 I don't care lol. Most leagues I've been in need a 2/3rd's vote, half plus 1 at very least.

You'd think that'd be a question to ask earlier than a day before Week 11 too. By the time you get any feedback, it's week 12. Way too late to make any meaningful changes.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-10, 11:57 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: I have no business still being alive in this league.

I will see if I can take care of that for you.. Grin
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587
(2018-12-11, 12:56 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: I see the thread now, and the responses don't change my opinion any. 10 team league and 3 responses, 2 yes's (1 by a team that recognized he didn't deserve to make it) and 1 I don't care lol. Most leagues I've been in need a 2/3rd's vote, half plus 1 at very least.

You'd think that'd be a question to ask earlier than a day before Week 11 too. By the time you get any feedback, it's week 12. Way too late to make any meaningful changes.

the best, 

I raised the question in here when it was still mathematically possible for any of the 10 teams to make the 6 team playoff format... Sorry that you didn't notice my post, but I asked all members to weigh in.

The reason I brought it up was 2 fold... 

1, this is a non pay, FUN league.  Laugh

2, In order to keep members interested ( especially the ones near the bottom of the standings ), I thought it might be a good idea to change things up a bit.   Happy

I agree, 8 teams in the playoffs in a 10 team league isn't the norm, but again... FUN...  Grin

In any case, you won your game and as is always the case,  Top gracefully accepted his loss without complaint...

Thanks given by:
It just seems sketchy that the commish with a shit team, would raise it that far into the season. Reeks of desperation to keep yourself alive. I never looked at the thread because it was a poorly worded title that wouldn't make me think it was regarding a league discussion. Didn't see a post on the league site either, which isn't right.

But I get what you're saying. It's a fun league, that doesn't mean a damn thing. I just wouldn't want you being the commish of a serious league after what I saw over this. Mind you, it being a fun league, you maybe would've acted differently too. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

Lime's going to kick my ass this week anyways, and I'm sure I glad I got to play an extra TWO weeks lol. Cheap entertainment!
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-12, 05:56 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: It just seems sketchy that the commish with a shit team, would raise it that far into the season. Reeks of desperation to keep yourself alive. I never looked at the thread because it was a poorly worded title that wouldn't make me think it was regarding a league discussion. Didn't see a post on the league site either, which isn't right.

But I get what you're saying. It's a fun league, that doesn't mean a damn thing. I just wouldn't want you being the commish of a serious league after what I saw over this. Mind you, it being a fun league, you maybe would've acted differently too. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

Lime's going to kick my ass this week anyways, and I'm sure I glad I got to play an extra TWO weeks lol. Cheap entertainment!

Sorry if it seemed sketchy to you man... but I can assure you this question was raised in order to keep people interested.

I can also assure you it wasn't done out of "desperation" to keep my team alive. 

I'm in 10 other leagues, 3 of which are pay leagues. While the RATW league is something I enjoy being involved in, making or not making the playoffs was NOT a matter of life of death for me... LOL.  Silly

In any case, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt... 

Good luck this weekend.

Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587