Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...Raptors 1st in the East
I haven't followed NBA properly this year and told myself I'd get caught up over Xmas. Toronto won 6 in a row and have less games played than the Cab and Celts lol wtf

Gonna keep a closer eye because it might be really fun to watch the Raps.

I'm also surprised at how bad Philly has been, 2-8 in their last 10, guess 'the process" ain't that smooth
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
6 game win streak snapped...after losing to the woeful Mavericks!
Thanks given by:
The Raptors had an awful game tonight. Some great defense, but at times they seemed like the ISO version of last year.

A winnable game they handed to Dallas.
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-26, 10:33 PM)Unreal Wrote: The Raptors had an awful game tonight.  Some great defense, but at times they seemed like the ISO version of last year.

A winnable game they handed to Dallas.

they were afraid to attack the basket and their jumpers were not going in at all..they had plenty of time and chances to win and just kept missing...game over..move on to next one
Thanks given by:
Just blame it on the Turkey dinners the players had could have still be full from over the Holidays and gained some weight and couldn;'t jump or play :P
Thanks given by:
blown out by the Thunder tonight...

too bad they couldn't take advantage of the Mavs...because it was probably expected to be a tough go tonight.

fall to 2.5 back in the conference (and division for that matter)
Thanks given by:
They should've kept the 2nd unit out.

Lowry and DeRozan seem to be like the prime culprits when it comes to reverting back to ineffective isolation play.
Thanks given by:
Still waiting to see what they can do against premier competition. Lots of home games on the horizon to look forward to!
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-01, 10:43 AM)Trevorchef Wrote: Still waiting to see what they can do against premier competition. Lots of home games on the horizon to look forward to!

They can light up easy teams but get owned against anyone good
Thanks given by:
well..they only have 10 losses on the season...

have they only faced good teams 10 times?
Thanks given by:
Played really well against the Bucks. Greek Freak was getting all the right calls but the raps stayed resilient. DeRozan with 52 points, a franchise record!

They could've wrapped up he game in the 4th but the Bucks defense was aggressive. They were dominant in OT anf earned the win
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-02, 01:12 AM)Chris D Wrote: well..they only have 10 losses on the season...

have they only faced good teams 10 times?

Schedule has been pretty easy so far. Currently are just 7-7 against teams in a playoff spot.
Thanks given by: Sportking , Sportking
Raps nearly pull off a Leaf move...led the game for pretty much the whole game...11 pt lead in the 4th at one point...5 pt lead with less than a minute...but let the Nets back into it, and they head into OT, where they give up the lead. Fortunately, they pulled out the victory in the end.

More concerning...Lowry hurt, and had to be carried off...hopefully no worse than a bruised tailbone...but he could be missing a few games.
Thanks given by:
Raps quietly have been one of the best teams in the East( then again, that's not too hard to pull off in the rather weak East anyhow ), but all the focus is on the Kyrie Irving & the Celtics...& LeBron & the Cavs. DeMar DeRozan continues to excel on a nightly basis...but...again...the Raps won't get any love or respect unless they can upset one of those other teams in the East....
Thanks given by:
The Raptors biggest problem is that they are so predictable in late game sets. I'm not sure if it's a coaching problem or what, but for a team as good as they are, it's pretty astounding how terrible they are closing out close games.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-09, 12:57 AM)Chris D Wrote: Raps nearly pull off a Leaf move...led the game for pretty much the whole game...11 pt lead in the 4th at one point...5 pt lead with less than a minute...but let the Nets back into it, and they head into OT, where they give up the lead.  Fortunately, they pulled out the victory in the end.

More concerning...Lowry hurt, and had to be carried off...hopefully no worse than a bruised tailbone...but he could be missing a few games.

Yeah, that was pretty scary when Lowry struggled to his feet, took a couple of steps and then collapsed with (presumed) back spasms. Hope it's not too serious.
---
Give Marc Bergevin some credit.
(He'll pay you back with -10% interest.)
Thanks given by:
The Raptors with a huge win over the Cavs, without Lowry and Ibaka. The Cavs were blown out by the Raps bench.
Thanks given by:
Not putting too much thought into this game, as much as I'd like to. They are not the favourite against Cleveland in the playoffs.
Thanks given by:
Cleveland is in danger of losing home advantage in the playoffs...thats kinda big...I wouldn't bet against Raptors beating Cleveland, if its in Toronto, 4 of the games.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-12, 02:08 PM)Chris D Wrote: Cleveland is in danger of losing home advantage in the playoffs...thats kinda big...I wouldn't bet against Raptors beating Cleveland, if its in Toronto, 4 of the games.

I agree 100%. Raptors are being underrated and overlooked amidst all these super teams being assembled. As soon as Casey learns how to not be so predictable in the 4th quarter we'll be feared imo
Thanks given by: