Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...Raptors 1st in the East
By a whisker. 3 games left for the Raptors before the break. Would be nice to see Casey coaching with the team in 1st.
Thanks given by:
Raptors started out slow tonight going down 10-0 early but they turned it on and blew out the Hornets in Charlotte.
Thanks given by:
Yep. They're officially in 1st at the moment.

Hopefully Cleveland can do them a favour and beat Boston.
Thanks given by:
Cavs putting a beat down on Boston
Thanks given by:
123-103 over the Hornets, DeRozan with 25!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Raptors win a close on against Miami.

I hope they don't face them in the playoffs - they seem to be very capable of beating Toronto.
Thanks given by:
Miami is a really tough out. Dragic and Whiteside have the pick n roll down to a tee and they've got a lot of energy and athleticism coming off the bench. Whiteside and Adebayo are so good at clogging the lane that it makes it tough for Toronto's drivers to penetrate. I don't think Miami will be an easy opponent for any of the top 4 in the East.
Thanks given by:
Earlier in the season I was wanting them as an opponent, but now I'm not so sure. They've lost 7 of 8 currently, 4 of those were 1 possession losses, and the worst loss is by 8 to Houston.
Thanks given by:
The Raps are now 2 games ahead of Boston and just 3 behind Golden State and Houston for 1st overall in the NBA.
Thanks given by:
Just 17-12 against teams in a playoff spot currently.

At least they are beating the teams they should. Not as many letdowns as previous years so far.

18 point loss in Denver on Nov 1st is still there worst loss of the season. That, a 17 point loss in OKC on Dec 27th, and a 11 point loss at home to Washington on Nov 5th are the only double digit losses they've had so far too.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if the Raptors will get another apology from the league for the blown call last night.

Thanks given by: thebest41587
Yup. Pretty brutal.
Thanks given by:
laid a beating on the Pistons tonight!

29 point win!
Thanks given by:
43-17 at the end of February. Bench takes over in the 4th tonight. Hopefully OG isn't out long. Might put a little more pressure on them to sign someone by tomorrows playoff deadline.
Thanks given by:
Raptors clinch a playoff berth, fastest they've ever done so in franchise history! Haven't followed properly the last few weeks but its a great time to be a raps fan!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
1st team in the league to clinch too.

30 games over .500, 2.5 game lead in the East, largest of the season for them I believe.

Next up is Houston, who are 33-1 when Harden, Paul, and Capella all play. The 1 loss, a 115-113 loss to New Orleans at the end of Jan.

The Raptors beat Houston earlier this season too, but Paul was out.
Thanks given by:
Okay, there needs to be a discussion about what Derozan did to Detroit last night.

Not only his amazing stat line, but his coast to coast throw-down in OT to win Toronto the game. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in an NBA game and it should be the only thing played on loop when his jersey goes in the rafters.

On another note, you have to appreciate what he has done this year. He has easily cemented himself as a top 5 (if not top 3) MVP candidate this year. His coach is easily a COY candidate. His bench is easily the best bench in the East.

But you know, they are crap because they always "shit the bed" in the playoffs (like every other team in the East). I hope TO turns up in the playoffs. I wanna see a Toronto-Boston ECF.
Thanks given by:
It was actually his drive and dump to FVV that won them the game in OT, that dunk helped send it to OT. But yes, that was freaking awesome either way!

I'd like to see a Toronto-Milwaukee ECF myself. Giannis is exciting. And I've had enough of the Cavs and Kyrie haha.
Thanks given by:
I don't think there is going to be an easy first round matchup for either Toronto or Boston this year.

Teams 3-8 in the East are separated by 4.5 games, with Cleveland, Washington, Indiana, Philly, Miami, and Milwaukee being among them. The only team I'm really comfortable with Boston going up against is Indiana, but Oladipo can take his game to some type of God-level. Miami has played Boston well this year and they don't really have an answer for Whiteside. Philly was already one of the most talented teams in the East and then rounded out their bench with FA signings. If Wall can get healthy then Washington has the talent to go all the way to the ECF I think. Cleveland is Cleveland. Antetokounmpo is unguardable and that should scare every team.

I think the Eastern playoffs are shaping up to be really fun. As much as I wanna say it's going to be two of Toronto/Boston/Cleveland in the ECF, I wouldn't be surprised to see only one of them make it. Unlike the West, where I have a hard time believing it won't be GS-Houston in the WCF.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the East is pretty wide open really. I'd be surprised if Miami or Indiana made it to ECF, but it wouldn't surprise me if they upset a team in the 1st round.

They are talking 60 wins as the goal in Toronto for the last few days. That'd be pretty impressive. Looking at who they got left, it's doable, but I wouldn't bet on it. I see them topping out at 58 or 59.
Thanks given by: