Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
...Raptors 1st in the East
(2018-01-12, 02:08 PM)Chris D Wrote: Cleveland is in danger of losing home advantage in the playoffs...thats kinda big...I wouldn't bet against Raptors beating Cleveland, if its in Toronto, 4 of the games.

Toronto is not beating Cleveland in a playoff series. If they meet each other again this year, i'm predicting another sweep.

Thanks given by:
I won't guarantee Raps win...but it is more than possible they do...and it won't be a sweep by the Cavs...especially if Raps have home advantage in the series
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-11, 10:27 PM)Gus Wrote: The Raptors with a huge win over the Cavs, without Lowry and Ibaka.  The Cavs were blown out by the Raps bench.

A very satisfying and fun win, no doubt.

Cleveland may transform in the playoffs, but right now they look a lot older and weaker than they've looked in quite a long time.
Thanks given by:
Cleveland have played a lot of basketball the past few years ,I think it'll catch up to them and that Boston or Toronto will be better then em in the playoffs
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
7 straight finals appearances for LeBron. 8 in the last 11. This game doesn't move the needle at all for me. It's nice, I love it, but they are playing like crap right now, just blew a 22 point lead against the Pacers too. Come playoff time, LeBron takes over. Lue will be resting guys too, like tonight they rested Wade and Thomas because of it being back to backs.

How often is Thomas, JR, Love, and Wade going to shoot 6 for 36? That's a one time deal. And they still scored 99 points? That's a lil scary.
Thanks given by:
I can't wait for the game against the Warriors. I hate that team as well (it's easy to hate them given how.good they are). Hoping the Raps pull a win there!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-13, 01:00 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: 7 straight finals appearances for LeBron. 8 in the last 11. This game doesn't move the needle at all for me. It's nice, I love it, but they are playing like crap right now, just blew a 22 point lead against the Pacers too. Come playoff time, LeBron takes over. Lue will be resting guys too, like tonight they rested Wade and Thomas because of it being back to backs.

How often is Thomas, JR, Love, and Wade going to shoot 6 for 36? That's a one time deal. And they still scored 99 points? That's a lil scary.

what should be considered a little scary...is they gave up 133 in a 4 quarter game...and the Raps didn't have Lowry or Ibaka.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-13, 08:16 AM)Chris D Wrote:
(2018-01-13, 01:00 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: 7 straight finals appearances for LeBron. 8 in the last 11. This game doesn't move the needle at all for me. It's nice, I love it, but they are playing like crap right now, just blew a 22 point lead against the Pacers too. Come playoff time, LeBron takes over. Lue will be resting guys too, like tonight they rested Wade and Thomas because of it being back to backs.

what should be considered a little scary...is they gave up 133 in a 4 quarter game...and the Raps didn't have Lowry or Ibaka.

And DeRozan only had 13 too. Like I said, it's nice. But let's not go overboard here. Cleveland still reigns supreme until they lose in the playoffs.
Thanks given by:
2 pt loss to the Warriors...after trailing by 27, they owned the second half, and got it to a one possession game in the final minute.

Big turnover going out of bounds in the final seconds basically decided the game.
Thanks given by:
The Cavaliers look really, really bad right now. Their defense is virtually non-existent after giving up 127 to MIN and 133 to TOR. They also blew a 20-something-point lead to lose to Indiana. It's worrisome for sure, but I've seen this movie before, and I would still count Cleveland as the favourites in the East.

It was an impressive win for Toronto though, and their near-comeback against GS was equally impressive. A playoff series featuring any two of Cleveland, Boston, and Toronto will be very interesting.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Disappointing loss to the 76'ers.

A game they really should've won.

Could be a real challenge to catch Boston.
Thanks given by:
The good news for Toronto is that they play Boston three more times, so those four games that they trail could definitely be made up.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Right now I would like to avoid Milwaukee in a 1st round matchup. I know Toronto took them last year, but Giannis scares me lol. I'd much rather face Indiana or Detroit.

Will be interesting to see if Philly makes a push to get in. They are a dangerous 1st round matchup IMO too.

Miami is really the only other team I'd be pretty confident against in a 1st round matchup. We'll see what happens at the deadline too, that can move the needle sometimes too for teams and seeding.
Thanks given by: