Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raptors need a new coach
After all the changes the team has made over the years, it's time for a coaching change.Leberon is the best player no doubt..but really being down 2 in the series..very sad. It's the coaching. He's taken them as far as he can.this is a good raptor team. He's not game planning to utilize the team strengths.. always gets out coached..
Love to hear your thoughts
Thanks given by:
I think their stars let them down. They are not winners.

Time to blow it up
Thanks given by:
That too..I am not sure you need to blow it up..its not that easy considering the contracts on the books.
They need a few tweaks..they definitely need a new coach.. new schemes new voice..
Thanks given by:
One thing I'd love about Triano was how his time outs seemed to pay off. Raps would often score or prevent a basket after his whistles. Casey doesn't adapt as much. I understand if he gets fired but don't think he's the problem, would be fine with him back next season.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Given the success they had this year, it's hard to see them firing Casey.

The Raptors are still getting some great looks, they just haven't made the shots. It's hard to pin their Game 1 loss on coaching. This game was a disaster, but things look a lot different if they make some of their open 3s earlier in the game.

With the improvement and new style of play (implemented fairly impressively throughout the season) he'll get at least one more shot.

Interestingly, it's the young players that have bought in. Lowry and DeRozan have, but they're also prone to reverting back to their old habits. If they did decide to go younger, Casey would be a good coach to keep around.

Maybe they can sign LeBron for next season. Wink
Thanks given by:
I think JV is the player he is because of Casey, I definitely think he's a good development coach. He gets the most out of guys like Siakem, Miles, etc..
Thanks given by:
The Raptors problems aren't simple and can't be fixed by making one or two adjustments.

Just like Casey wasn't as good as fans made him out to be in the regular season, he's also not the sole reason they're losing now. They won't fire him because he's probably going to win COY (though Snyder and Stevens are more deserving IMO).
Thanks given by:
Sorry but I disagree with the development of miles.
I think they don't call enough plays for him
Thanks given by:
No point in firing Casey, especially when our stars' suck when it matters. Raps are only going to have success of LeBron leaves the East. Regardless they'll have to blow it up after next year (Lowry's contract expires then)
Thanks given by:
Despite questionable moves from Casey, they win games 1 and 3 if their starters are just 'decent'.

Cleveland's stars are simply outplaying Toronto's by quite a margin.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-06, 11:09 AM)Unreal Wrote: Despite questionable moves from Casey, they win games 1 and 3 if their starters are just 'decent'.

Cleveland's stars are simply outplaying Toronto's by quite a margin.

Lol the company I had over yesterday were raging at Love deciding to show up given his play against Indiana
Thanks given by:
I think it's easy to forget that Love was considered one of the best players in the game when he was in Minnesota.
Thanks given by:
Casey is not the problem at all in Toronto. The problem is 2nd tier superstars. I think the Raps are literally as good as they can be right now. I don't put the raps in the same league as a Cavs/Warriors/Rockets type team.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-06, 03:30 PM)Unreal Wrote: I think it's easy to forget that Love was considered one of the best players in the game when he was in Minnesota.

Love was traded for two number 1 picks ( Wiggins and Anthony Bennett) plus another good player in Thaddeus Young.
At the time Love was a top ten player in the league.
He is not that good now but for many people to imply he is doggy doo is completely wrong
Thanks given by:
Casey is not the real issue in Toronto. The issue is they don't have a real star. They always have the 2nd or 3rd best player in every series. To make matters worse, their "stars" usually always struggle in the playoffs. DeRozan was benched in the entire 4th last night because.....he was awful. The guy kept missing point blank/open shots.

Thanks given by:
Casey named coach of the year by his peers:

https://www.tsn.ca/casey-named-2018-nbca...-1.1080330
Thanks given by:
Brad Stevens didn’t get a single vote.

That tells me all I need to know about that award.
Thanks given by:
It tells you the Raptors are the best!
Thanks given by:
In all seriousness, I think Casey is deserving of the recognition. Disregarding the playoff failures, the Raptors were one of the best stories in the regular season, and Casey deserves a lot of that credit. He's not one of the best coaches in the NBA, but he's not one of the worst either. I'm confident that if Toronto lets him go that someone will pick him up before long. He was one of the biggest reasons Dallas won their last title.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-09, 10:33 AM)encore Wrote: Brad Stevens didn’t get a single vote.

That tells me all I need to know about that award.

Well maybe the rest of the coaches really know who deserved the award and who didn't. Or do you trust journalists and fans more?
Thanks given by: