Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raptors need a new coach
An NBA coach voted for Doc Rivers, of the 10th seeded LA Clippers, over Brad Stevens, who had the highest player turnover from last season, and who had a combined 102 missed games from his top two players this season. He's also now led that injury plagued team to the ECF.

I'm not even arguing he should've won lol, but to not get a single vote is pretty crazy. That sentiment has been shared by others in the NBA - IT, Evan Turner, Jamaal Crawford, and even Brett Brown who said that if he had a vote he would vote for Brad. Well he did have a vote, and he obviously didn't vote for Brad Stevens lol.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-10, 09:30 AM)encore Wrote: In all seriousness, I think Casey is deserving of the recognition. Disregarding the playoff failures, the Raptors were one of the best stories in the regular season, and Casey deserves a lot of that credit. He's not one of the best coaches in the NBA, but he's not one of the worst either. I'm confident that if Toronto lets him go that someone will pick him up before long. He was one of the biggest reasons Dallas won their last title.

Casey did something a lot of people didn't think was possible and implemented a system which yielded far better than expected results.

I'd also say his win might have something to do with what others around the NBA think of the Raptors roster - fans probably rank it a lot higher than others do.  To get what he did out of this roster probably impressed a lot of other coaches.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-10, 10:18 AM)Unreal Wrote: I'd also say his win might have something to do with what others around the NBA think of the Raptors roster - fans probably rank it a lot higher than others do.  To get what he did out of this roster probably impressed a lot of other coaches.

This sums it up.
Thanks given by:
Casey just got fired today.
Thanks given by:
A news conference at 2:20 pm et today will be held.
Thanks given by:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/...ane-casey/

Not happy with this at all. Let him refine his system, don't fire the guy. He can only get so much out of the players when your main star scores 8 points in games
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-11, 12:01 PM)bicboi Wrote: https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/...ane-casey/

Not happy with this at all. Let him refine his system, don't fire the guy. He can only get so much out of the players when your main star scores 8 points in games
Agreed.he did the best he can it's up to his players and some didn't show up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
Totally disgusted by this move.!!!!

to me they should have started trading guys ..first would be Lowry,then JV and even Demar..!! Casey will have a new job by end of weekend if he wants..
Thanks given by:
In any sport it's easier to fire the coach then the players.
I really liked Cassey, but in imo he had to go. It's easier said the done to trade players etc Not that easy. I agree the players did not show up they are not tough enough. We can go and on. What's also true is Coach Casey at times gets out coached especially during the playoffs. It happens in most sports after a while you really do need a new voice in the room.
Hey this team did win 59 games after all so players can't be that bad right. Perhaps give a new coach a try and see what schemes he can implement according to the roster he has. And who knows with a tweak here and there what happens. Unless they make a major trade that is all they can really do.
We are all upset right now, and rightfully so. I still think this was the right move to make
Thanks given by:
So let's say we start trading away some of the players that are being mentioned, then it's safe to say we are in a rebuild. The question that I have is do you guys really think Cassey would have wanted to go through this all over??
Because if you do then their will be some jobs openings coming up for Cassy with teams that are perhaps a rebuild mode. Let's see if Cassey takes any of those jobs, I doubt it considering he's 61 yes old and just went through this with the raptor's..just saying
Thanks given by:
I'll take Budenholzer please and thanks.
Thanks given by:
I don’t think Budenholzer would be a good choice.

I’d be more inclined to give Stackhouse a shot. Or Becky Hammon.
Thanks given by: Sportking
This feels like the end of an era. This team is going to change a lot in the next 3-4 years, and this may well have been the peak.

Stackhouse seems like a good candidate, if they can keep the same assistants on board. He certainly has a good relationship with the young talent on the roster, and he does deserve some credit for the growth of guys like VanVleet, Siakam, etc.

I can't see a coaching change making much of a difference when the lack of top end talent is so glaring. Unless a young piece emerges as an elite player, it seems like they're destined for the same result.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-11, 06:36 PM)leaf4life Wrote: So let's say we start trading away some of the players that are being mentioned, then it's safe to say we are in a rebuild. The question that I have is do you guys really think Cassey would have wanted to go through this all over??
Because if you do then their will be some jobs openings coming up for Cassy with teams that are perhaps a rebuild mode. Let's see if Cassey takes any of those jobs, I doubt it considering he's 61 yes old and just went through this with the raptor's..just saying

I think its a retool over the next two years. If some younger guys emerge we'll be competitive in a few shorts years. However, if next season sucks, we'll be forced to rebuild imo, straight out tear down and only keep one guy like JV to help shelter some other players
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Dwayne Casey looks REALLY bad after the Cavs got embarssed last night.

Actually the entire organization as a whole looks even worse now
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-14, 04:35 PM)CTS Wrote: Dwayne Casey looks REALLY bad after the Cavs got embarssed last night.

The Raptors are basically a sh!tshow organization now.

I guess that makes a lot of people happy. Another Toronto team wallowing in mediocrity...as per usual. Such is life for all Toronto sports fans...now & forever more. Lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-15, 05:47 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 04:35 PM)CTS Wrote: Dwayne Casey looks REALLY bad after the Cavs got embarssed last night.

The Raptors are basically a sh!tshow organization now.

I guess that makes a lot of people happy. Another Toronto team wallowing in mediocrity...as per usual. Such is life for all Toronto sports fans...now & forever more. Lol

The Raptors disappointed, but they're far from a shitshow.  This is the most successful run in franchise history.
Thanks given by:
Some context: The Raptors are still a top 5-10 team in the NBA and got swept by a team with arguably the greatest player of all time. They still have lots to be proud of this year.
Thanks given by:
Report: Budenholzer, Bucks reach agreement
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-16, 06:36 PM)Unreal Wrote: Report: Budenholzer, Bucks reach agreement

Good didn't want him
Thanks given by: