Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular Season thread: 2019 Edition
The Jays have won only 3 of the first 11 games.

The World Champion Red Sox....have done the same.

I knew the Jays were supposed to be bad...but what's up with the Sox?
Thanks given by: ckendall
World Series hangover? Is that even a thing in baseball?
Hope is a necessary evil of being a fan. Otherwise, what are you cheering for? Only one team wins, what is it called for the other 30 that don’t if not hoping they win?
Thanks given by:
11 games in and I think Mike Trout is already nearly a 2 WAR player (according to ESPN, anyways).
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-09, 04:11 PM)teamblue Wrote: World Series hangover? Is that even a thing in baseball?

Perhaps so. The Astros staggered a bit at the beginning of last season but got it turned around obviously.

Seems the Sawx blew their load by winning practically everything last season.

Chris Sale is gradually beginning to lose his effectiveness as a 'go-to' starter on the mound. Their pitching staff has been getting battered in the early stages.

I wouldn't count out the Sawx just yet though, but there are some troubling and disturbing patterns with the ballclub right now and if they don't fine-tune those issues soon enough, then we could see one of the greater collapses from World Series championship juggernaut to an 'also-ran' in the space of a year. Not nearly 1998 Marlins-like as far as a catastrophic collapse( and that one happened because of severe cost-cutting measures )....but the Red Sox so far are displaying some real awful patterns that might not necessarily be 'quick fixes', at least that's how it looks right now at the moment.
Thanks given by: teamblue
(2019-04-09, 11:47 AM)thebest41587 Wrote: Still working on the plate appearances record since 1974, that's 57 by Tony Bernazard. Davis is at 56.

Pinch hit today...

0-1
Thanks given by:
Watching the Bucs - Cubs game & most players are all bundled up with balaclava's, toques, hoodies because it's windy

Pretty weak compared to football players
Thanks given by:
Chris Davis has broken the record.  58 straight hitless plate appearances!
Thanks given by:
When he hired Tobi Rieder as his personal hitting-coach, I knew it wouldn't end well.
Thanks given by:
Up to 61 now.

Apparently some tough luck in that though...statcast showed that one of the bslls off his bat, had an exit velocity of 105, and angle of 18 degrees...problem was it was to dead centre, and it was caught.
Thanks given by:
At least Chris Davis has been making contact with the baseball....problem is, they still end up landing in the outfielder's gloves.

And to think, at one time, he mashed out 53 HRs one year( 2012 I think it was )
Thanks given by:
On the flipside, the other Khris Davis is leading baseball with 9 HRs so far.
Thanks given by:
Chris Davis is now 4-45...for a BA of .089.

Socrates Brito...is now the one waiting for his first hit...0-21 (plus two walks) Side note...Kevin Pillar has got into a bit of a groove in SF...now up to 4HRs..13 RBIs in 14games.
Thanks given by:
Read somewhere that Vlad Jr. could make his MLB debut vs the Angels on April 30. Shohei Ohtani could also make his season debut in that series. Should be a fun series Grin

Thanks given by:
Pirates entire starting outfield & 4th outfielder currently on the DL
Thanks given by:
Albert Pujols just tied Babe Ruth for 5th place on the MLB all time RBI list.

Thanks given by: