Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular season thread
Lakers adding Tyson Chandler after the Suns buy him out
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
So LeBron torched the Blazers last night. 44/10/9. He also passed Wilt Chamberlain for 5th place on the all time NBA scoring list.

Thanks given by:
He'll probably get into 4th before the end of the season and then pass Kobe next season. He might have a shot at passing Malone in his age 37th season, but he would probably have to either play until he's 40-41 or play at a high level until he's 38 to have a shot at catching Kareem.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-15, 02:19 PM)encore Wrote: He'll probably get into 4th before the end of the season and then pass Kobe next season. He might have a shot at passing Malone in his age 37th season, but he would probably have to either play until he's 40-41 or play at a high level until he's 38 to have a shot at catching Kareem.

If he averages 22ppg(just 22pg) for the next 4 years(82 games) he will pass Kareem as the all time scorer in NBA history.

We know he's going to average more than 22ppg the next 4 years.

I think he will shatter Kareem's record. Not bad for a guy who's known as a passer.

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-15, 03:15 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:
(2018-11-15, 02:19 PM)encore Wrote: He'll probably get into 4th before the end of the season and then pass Kobe next season. He might have a shot at passing Malone in his age 37th season, but he would probably have to either play until he's 40-41 or play at a high level until he's 38 to have a shot at catching Kareem.

If he averages 22ppg(just 22pg) for the next 4 years(82 games) he will pass Kareem as the all time scorer in NBA history.

I think he will shatter Kareem's record. Not bad for a guy who's known as a passer.

He's 9th all time in FG attempts lol. If he's known as a passer then he's not being remembered correctly.
Thanks given by:

Lebron is best known for having the ball ALL the time.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-15, 07:55 PM)duediligence Wrote:

LeBron is also famous for OWNING the Raptors.

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-15, 08:35 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:

And better known for only winning a championship when he is surrounded by other great players.
Thanks given by:
T-Wolves win their 3rd straight since trading Butler. I always thought the team had plenty of talent, so I guess it’s not that surprising that they’re playing well, but it is interesting that getting rid of such a talented player really helped the team. That isn’t the way it usually works.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-16, 11:22 PM)duediligence Wrote:

And better known for only winning a championship when he is surrounded by other great players.

Just like umm...Jordan and Bird and Magic and Shaq and Duncan and Curry right? lol

Jordan/Pippen/Rodman
Magic/Worthy/Kareem
Bird/McHale/Parrish
Duncan/Parker/Ginobili
Curry/Durant/Klay
Shaq and Kobe

Next.

Thanks given by:

Sure, but hard to deny he really is known for having the ball in his hands much of the time.
Thanks given by:
Return of LBJ back to Cleveland after leaving for a 2nd time. Will definitely not be like the atmosphere from 2010 when he was wearing a Heat uniform.
Thanks given by:
Celtics are now 9-9. 8th in the Conference.

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 12:02 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Celtics are now 9-9. 8th in the Conference.

I think the general opinion, is still that they will turn things around and be a top 3 team in the East.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 12:02 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Celtics are now 9-9. 8th in the Conference.

They haven't played well at all this year. The offence has been a mess and surprisingly, Brad Stevens hasn't been able to figure it out. Hayward is still working his way back, but Brown has lost all confidence, and Tatum for whatever reason has started playing Kobe iso-ball. 

Kyrie is really the only one out of the starters who has played well, and I think he's getting really frustrated with the others. Still plenty of time left to turn it around, but there's definitely reason to worry for Celtics fans. We'll see how they come out Friday in Atlanta. The loss last night should motivate them.
Thanks given by:
The East is interesting this year. I don't really know who's the favorite anymore. I always go with the team with the best player. I think the Bucks have a super player on their team. I don't know if Giannis by himself can do it though.

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 12:15 PM)encore Wrote:

They haven't played well at all this year. The offence has been a mess and surprisingly, Brad Stevens hasn't been able to figure it out. Hayward is still working his way back, but Brown has lost all confidence, and Tatum for whatever reason has started playing Kobe iso-ball. 

Kyrie is really the only one out of the starters who has played well, and I think he's getting really frustrated with the others. Still plenty of time left to turn it around, but there's definitely reason to worry for Celtics fans. We'll see how they come out Friday in Atlanta. The loss last night should motivate them.

It's still very early.

If they don't turn it around, I think Brad Steven's rep may take a bit of a hit.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 12:30 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: The East is interesting this year. I don't really know who's the favorite anymore. I always go with the team with the best player. I think the Bucks have a super player on their team. I don't know if Giannis by himself can do it though.

Right now it's Toronto. Best player in the East (Giannis is right there too), great bench, and a fantastic supporting cast with Lowry, Ibaka, Green, etc. 

I like Milwaukee too though. Indiana might be a dark horse with Oladipo playing so great.
Thanks given by:
https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/...-of-canada

Reports say Fultz wants out of Philly for a new start, his agent is denying the rumours. Never a dull moment in Philly
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
How good is Kemba Walker right now. I say the best point guard in the game imo.

He is showing why he was such a star at UConn

Thanks given by: