Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular season thread
(2018-11-22, 03:27 PM)Sportking Wrote: How good is Kemba Walker right now. I say the best point guard in the game imo.

He is showing why he was such a star at UConn

Let's see him keep it up for the whole year. But even if he does, Curry is the best in the game and it's not even close.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 03:43 PM)encore Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 03:27 PM)Sportking Wrote: How good is Kemba Walker right now. I say the best point guard in the game imo.

Let's see him keep it up for the whole year. But even if he does, Curry is the best in the game and it's not even close.

Is it not close?

He's a great scorer, but when it comes to the PG position I tend to value (and perhaps overvalue) someone who can distribute the ball too. Not that Curry isn't good at it, but I'd argue Westbrook is definitely better in that area.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 03:56 PM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 03:43 PM)encore Wrote:

Is it not close?

He's a great scorer, but when it comes to the PG position I tend to value (and perhaps overvalue) someone who can distribute the ball too. Not that Curry isn't good at it, but I'd argue Westbrook is definitely better in that area.

I’m not a fan of Westbrook. He’s a good player, but he’s selfish and his shot selection is awful. Curry is the general of IMO the best team of all time. Historically, the Warriors I believe have only won about 50% of the games when Curry hasn’t played (in the Kerr era). His absence is huge. Curry is also an underrated playmaker. He just doesn’t get credit for it because he’s known as a shooter (rightfully so) and he doesn’t have the ball in his hands as much. 

I would definitely take Curry over Westbrook. There’s probebly a few I’d take ahead of Westbrook
Thanks given by:
Agreed on shot selection, but can a guy that averages over 10 assists a game for three years be that selfish?
Thanks given by:
You're right, selfish probably isn't the best word to use. His poor shot selection can be attributed to selfishness or lack of perimeter scoring options around him. I think he takes on too big of a load sometimes, but that's his game. If you want someone who's going to pad the stats and lead a one-man show, I'm not sure you can do better than Westbrook. I don't think he fits into an actually good team very well though. Look at some of the best teams in the league, like GS and Toronto... He'd be an awful fit. He needs to be the man and he demands the ball, but his poor efficiency means he can't really be relied on.

He's possibly a top ten player, but he's a difficult player to build a winner around IMO.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 05:08 PM)Unreal Wrote: Agreed on shot selection, but can a guy that averages over 10 assists a game for three years be that selfish?

Actually yes he can because he gets touches on the ball almost every time down the court.
Thanks given by:
I'm watching this Mavs/Rockets game right now and Luka Doncic is absolutely torching the Rockets, he just hit a halfcourt shot to end the 2nd. I'm still not sure why he wasn't the 1st pick in the draft. To make matters worse, he was there at 3rd and the Hawks traded him for Trae Young lol. Good player but Doncic is in a different class. Doncic looks like a player that you can build your team around.

Thanks given by:
Luka is the man. ROY so far. It’ll be exciting watching him grow. Has the tools to be an elite player in the league for a long time.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-24, 12:29 PM)encore Wrote: You're right, selfish probably isn't the best word to use. His poor shot selection can be attributed to selfishness or lack of perimeter scoring options around him. I think he takes on too big of a load sometimes, but that's his game. If you want someone who's going to pad the stats and lead a one-man show, I'm not sure you can do better than Westbrook. I don't think he fits into an actually good team very well though. Look at some of the best teams in the league, like GS and Toronto... He'd be an awful fit. He needs to be the man and he demands the ball, but his poor efficiency means he can't really be relied on.

He's possibly a top ten player, but he's a difficult player to build a winner around IMO.

(2018-11-24, 07:05 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-11-22, 05:08 PM)Unreal Wrote: Agreed on shot selection, but can a guy that averages over 10 assists a game for three years be that selfish?

Actually yes he can because he gets touches on the ball almost every time down the court.

Good points from both of you, but is that partially because Oklahoma just isn't the greatest team without him?

On a certain level I see why he handles the ball so often.
Thanks given by:
Doncic is amazing. 

Thanks given by:
Laugh

Thanks given by: