Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular season thread
still only a supplemental player to that team. It wasn't him carrying the Heat to the championship.

that said though, I will digress. Even if I personally don't feel he merits his jersey being raised, its for their fans. Its the franchise honoring a part of their championship team. 20 years from now, they won't care who had how many points per game, they just look at the banner, and who was a part of the teams that gave it to them.
Thanks given by:
It was a special time for the Heat franchise and Bosh was a big part of that. When he left Toronto, he was arguably a top 10 player in the NBA, so he sacrificed a lot of personal glory to be a part of those championship teams. But besides that, this isn't the HOF where it's a set standard around the league. It's an individual team recognizing the impact one player had on and off the court.

See Nick Collison for reference.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
Bosh made the all star team 6x in his 6 years with Miami, he won two championships there, he's a future first ballot hall of famer. Pretty easy decision if you ask me.

Thanks given by: thebest41587 , thebest41587
Spurs retire Ginobili's #, well deserved, this dude along with Duncan and Parker was a part of something special
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: