Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return of XFL
not sure where it goes but anyways I don't see it last long because of how popular the NFL is.
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Thanks given by:
How popular NFL is, is irrelevant really. They aren't directly competing. XFL, is in the NFLs off-season.

Competing directly against NFL, would be foolish.

Anyway...football fans can watch more than one product.

The thing I wonder about XFL, is simply whether anyone will care. It won't be the best players. Fans also don't have any rooted interest in any team...even if you are going to support your "local" team. There is no historical context to provide your support. No "rivalries" with other teams. All that stuff takes years to build. I don't think Vince is that patient
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-05, 10:50 PM)Chris D Wrote: How popular NFL is, is irrelevant really.   They aren't directly competing.  XFL, is in the NFLs off-season.

Competing directly against NFL, would be foolish.

Anyway...football fans can watch more than one product.

The thing I wonder about XFL, is simply whether anyone will care.  It won't be the best players.  Fans also don't have any rooted interest in any team...even if you are going to support your "local" team.  There is no historical context to provide your support.  No "rivalries" with other teams.  All that stuff takes years to build.  I don't think Vince is that patient

To be fair - they said that about MLS in Canada and look at it now...

(Mind you, it wasn't an over-saturated market.)
Thanks given by:
Exactly. There was no other soccer market in Canada to compete with.

Smart move making it an off season league, but I still don’t think it lasts long term. There are just too many other options south of the border.

The only thing this is likely going to do is reduce the CFL talent pool, but hopefully only temporarily until the XFL folds. The CFL already struggles to find good QBs as it is.
Thanks given by: