Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Nash calls it a career
Sad he couldnt come back
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rick...t8tNLVbNW4
Thanks given by:
16 years is a good career.

on a personal note, it sucks that he has to go through these concussion symptoms, he is still only 34, but his career itself was likely reaching an end sooner than later anyway.
Thanks given by:
Not the way you want a guy to go out, great player, great fun to watch, some amazing highlights. Good luck in the future Ricky
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
Pride of Brampton, was one of my favourites growing up.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , Lagavulin
Very sorry to hear about the concussion-like symptoms. They could hang on for many years yet.

A terrific player who I enjoyed watching even tho not a Leaf. Good luck to you Rick. Hope you have a long, happy retirement.
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
There was a time, not so long ago, he was one of the best in the game...

Sad ending to a very good career. Hope he is able to carry on a normal, healthy life.
Thanks given by:
My first Rick Nash memory is when he was a London Knight. I was in pee-wee hockey at the time, and it was tradition for the guys from the Knights to come out and practice with us. With his bleach blonde hair Nash was one of the friendliest guys! Lots of fun.

Enjoy retirement
Thanks given by: Lagavulin
I looked nash's style...he was a very good player at one point.

I do feel he was an overrated player.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
I never bought in on him . The guy had was the total package size , speed and skill but he disappeared in the big games . That to me is a sign of one of the greats . I was pissed when Boston picked him up a couple years ago . 
       Ending a career over concussions sucks though for anybody .
Thanks given by:
As good as he was, I do feel there was some unrealized potential there.

Of course, I also felt the same about Kovalev, and he still managed to reel off 1000+ points while dogging it half the time... must be nice to be ridiculously talented.

Best of luck to Nash, hope the concussion symptoms fade away soon.
Thanks given by:
The reason he has concussion problems is is that he was so uniquely fast and strong, he could skate through traffic with the puck most of the time without consequences. Smaller wingers like Theo Fleury had to learn the hard way, while bigger faster FW’s could blaze right through.

Good luck with retirement and ty for the Olympic memories.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-16, 02:59 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: The reason he has concussion problems is is that he was so uniquely fast and strong, he could skate through traffic with the puck most of the time without consequences. Smaller wingers like Theo Fleury had to learn the hard way, while bigger faster FW’s could blaze right through.

Good luck with retirement and ty for the Olympic memories.

Not unlike Lindros really, great speed/size/hands, but when you play with fire, sometimes you get burned.
Thanks given by: