Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ristolainen or The Dog Days of Summer
(2019-08-15, 09:02 PM)OilWings Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 08:25 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Because "not bringing up defence" and just looking at historical points will often lead to moves that lead to the opposite of playoffs year and multiple cups.

I'm not saying that acquiring Riso would necessarily have that effect but it could given the limitations of his game.
Great let's wait  2 years for Bouchard to become a NHL regular and to find out that his defensive game sucks.  Then what?  You've just wasted another 2 yrs.  Great start over.  Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my ONEPLUS  6T  using Tapatalk

Nobody said to do that and, I believe, that is what they call a "strawman argument" - your response had nothing to do with the post you were responding to and your point that defence should be ignored due to offence.

To your point, I don't think acquiring Risto at the high acquisition cost combined with the impact on the cap and the need to have him played somewhat sheltered even strength minutes in order to put him in a position to help the team, necessarily makes this team better in the short or long term.

Russell and Jesse isn't going to get this trade done - its going to cost a material forward like Nuge and that doesn't make sense. Not that I would trade Bouchard for him, that wouldn't even work due to immediate cap reasons.

Given where the depth of the organization is, where this player would play in the lineup, current roster construction, etc. that it makes sense for this team.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 09:30 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 09:02 PM)OilWings Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 08:25 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Because "not bringing up defence" and just looking at historical points will often lead to moves that lead to the opposite of playoffs year and multiple cups.

I'm not saying that acquiring Riso would necessarily have that effect but it could given the limitations of his game.
Great let's wait  2 years for Bouchard to become a NHL regular and to find out that his defensive game sucks.  Then what?  You've just wasted another 2 yrs.  Great start over.  Rinse and repeat.

Nobody said to do that and, I believe, that is what they call a "strawman argument" - your response had nothing to do with the post you were responding to and your point that defence should be ignored due to offence.

To your point, I don't think acquiring Risto at the high acquisition cost combined with the impact on the cap and the need to have him played somewhat sheltered even strength minutes in order to put him in a position to help the team, necessarily makes this team better in the short or long term.

Russell and Jesse isn't going to get this trade done - its going to cost a material forward like Nuge and that doesn't make sense. Not that I would trade Bouchard for him, that wouldn't even work due to immediate cap reasons.

Given where the depth of the organization is, where this player would play in the lineup, current roster construction, etc. that it makes sense for this team.
Someone mentioned Yamamoto.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
I would love Risto, too, but Yamamoto is not going to get it done.

It's going to cost us a high-end prospect like Bouchard, or RNH.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 10:57 PM)Fritz Wrote: I would love Risto, too, but Yamamoto is not going to get it done.

RNH? Done deal.

Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 11:03 PM)OilWings Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 10:57 PM)Fritz Wrote: I would love Risto, too, but Yamamoto is not going to get it done.

RNH?  Done deal.

I don't know, we're pretty thin upfront, we don't have a 2nd line center if we trade RNH Wink.
Thanks given by:
Nuge for Risto makes this team worse.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 11:08 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 11:03 PM)OilWings Wrote:

RNH?  Done deal.

I don't know, we're pretty thin upfront, we don't have a 2nd line center if we trade RNH Wink.
We also need that dman. How often do they become available unless in UFA.

Thanks given by:
I mentioned Yammycakes as a joke. On the surface, I don't think we're a match with Buffalo. They're in a win now mode too. Like us they have have enough uninspired depth on D and need forwards. I see the Jets being a logical partner for them again.
Thanks given by: