Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogers + Shapiro +Atkins may have misjudged
They may very well have misjudged the temperament of the Long serving Jays fans...they will be far from hitting anywhere close to 3 million this year with the moves(or lack there of) moves they have made so far..Jays fans will fill every seat when they see the promise of the product on the filed and so far we are lacking in many areas and the bargain basement replacements will not keep the fans happy..!! I have no clue how they are going to fill out the rest of the roster and shame on Edward Rogers Jr if the money is not there for us to compete again this year..3.4 million fans is 1st in Amercian league and the TV revenues this year shot thru the roof. Ownership has made a shitload of cash these past two years..time to spend..!!!
Thanks given by:
If what you are saying about attendance is true...then attendance would have fallen after LAST season...not risen to the levels it did.

If you remember...many were upset at things like letting Price go, and not getting any big free agents then...Anthopolous had left, and many thought the team was being short changed by Rogers, Shapiro and Co.

Ended in numbers not seen since the WS years, and another trip to the AL finals.
Thanks given by:
Man, Jays fans are just the worst.
Thanks given by: thebest41587
(2016-12-11, 06:17 PM)Andrew Wrote: Man, Jays fans are just the worst.

really...? not sure how old you are or where you live(don't really care to tell you the truth) but I have been a Jays fan since 1977 and I can tell you this...The fans are not stupid and will not come in droves to a team full of bargain basement deals..i could care less about Joey Bats or EE coming back but there were other deals to be had and our guys sat on their hands..sure they may make some deals before April but this team will not have the offensive prowess it has in the last few years.." and our starters will not have the year they did last year..we were so lucky with no major injuries..

<<MOD EDIT>>
Thanks given by:
The Jays just made two straight ALCS and have one of the 10 highest payrolls in MLB. If you are ready to abandon them and already crying about management IN DECEMBER then you are just the worst type of fan imaginable. The fact that you claim to have been a fan sincr 77 but would still post something that sounds like spoiled, clueless teenager is just icing on the cake.

Thats not talking down to anyone that is just reality. If that hurts your feelings i don't really give a ****.

Quote:take your views somewhere else

If you can't handle a dissenting opinion (which is ironic considering that is what you accused me of) and just want people to agree with whatever ridiculous thing you say then perhaps it is you who should jog on.

Or maybe you could just grow up and not post overly dramatic, inaccurate bullshit.
Fact is Andrew you are not a fan of this team.

Would the redsox or yankees be happy with back to back alcs? Or would they maybe do everything they could to get over the hump and win a title. The fact is the Jays offseason wasnt spectacular last year and its even worse this year. After fans just filled the building for 2 years straight they have a right to be annoyed. Its also hard not to think Shapiro cant wait to blow it up and get younger since that is his MO

Its easy to armchair it and say everything worked last year. At the end of the day you dont care since you have nothing invested in it.
Thanks given by:
Same things were being said last year, and they sold 600,000 more tickets lol.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-11, 08:19 PM)Sportking Wrote: Its easy to armchair it and say everything worked last year. At the end of the day you dont care since you have nothing invested in it.

Its even easier to spout the same ridiculous, unfounded bullshit every single offseason and then when you turn out to be completely wrong just ignore it and do it all again next year.

The only investment you appear to have is complaining about whatever the Jays do and saying they should have done the exact opposite. Even if it makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:Fact is Andrew you are not a fan of this team.

Yet I seem to be more informed about the team than most "fans". How sad is that? I bet I even went to more Jays games than a lot of so called fans last year, lol.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-11, 08:19 PM)Sportking Wrote: Fact is Andrew you are not a fan of this team.

Would the redsox or yankees be happy with back to back alcs? Or would they maybe do everything they could to get over the hump and win a title. The fact is the Jays offseason wasnt spectacular last year and its even worse this year. After fans just filled the building for 2 years straight they have a right to be annoyed. Its also hard not to think Shapiro cant wait to blow it up and get younger since that is his MO

Its easy to armchair it and say everything worked last year. At the end of the day you dont care since you have nothing invested in it.

The Yankees were happy to not make the playoffs this past offseason, and the year before that too.

They're rebuilding, just as the Red Sox were for a few years.

Andrew is a good poster.  It doesn't really matter whether he's a fan of the team or not - he's right far more often than not.  He knows what he's talking about.

I'm pretty sure he has been the most 'positive' poster regarding the Jays the past few years.
Thanks given by:
I think they'll get a decent showing at the Rogers Centre, as long as they can add a half-decent outfielder and people are confident that there's still a half-decent team there around Donaldson and the young pitching.

That's the problem though, that the belief in a legitimate shot at a championship is evaporating. There's not a lot of room for error, too many older players that could easily decline due to age, and not enough depth to replace them if they falter. More likely than not, we'll see a weaker Jays team this year compared to last, unless a noticeable upgrade comes. Not a basement dweller, but very unlikely to contend for the division or the world series either.
Thanks given by: Sportking
(2016-12-11, 08:28 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 08:19 PM)Sportking Wrote: Its easy to armchair it and say everything worked last year. At the end of the day you dont care since you have nothing invested in it.

Its even easier to spout the same ridiculous, unfounded bullshit every single offseason and then when you turn out to be completely wrong just ignore it and do it all again next year.

The only investment you appear to have is complaining about whatever the Jays do and saying they should have done the exact opposite. Even if it makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:Fact is Andrew you are not a fan of this team.

Yet I seem to be more informed about the team than most "fans". How sad is that? I bet I even went to more Jays games than a lot of so called fans last year, lol.

I think i got this ownership and management figured out pretty well actually. You actually sound like a Rogers lackey. Spout team rhetoric and hope it works out and then when it doesnt say stuff like they couldnt sustain it and have to rebuild. You better prep that speech up bud. Call your buddy Shapiro to give you a hand
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-11, 08:29 PM)Unreal Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 08:19 PM)Sportking Wrote: Fact is Andrew you are not a fan of this team.

The Yankees were happy to not make the playoffs this past offseason, and the year before that too.

Andrew is a good poster.  It doesn't really matter whether he's a fan of the team or not - he's right far more often than not.  He knows what he's talking about.

I'm pretty sure he has been the most 'positive' poster regarding the Jays the past few years.
Would the yankees be happy during their dynasty years of simply making the playoffs. Would the red sox have been content with only making the ALCS and not winning the WS. Come on listen to what you are saying.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-11, 08:41 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 08:29 PM)Unreal Wrote:

Would the yankees be happy during their dynasty years of simply making the playoffs. Would the red sox have been content with only making the ALCS and not winning the WS. Come on listen to what you are saying.

The Jays aren't a dynasty.  Management has to manage the team they have, not what they want to pretend it is.

This is an older team with large, inherited contracts and relatively weak depth in the farm system.

Besides, it's only December...why not actually wait until they're done??

You basically repeat the same thing every single year.
Thanks given by: shadylane
Everyone was pissed about Price leaving, he got his massive contract, and he had an average year. Not worth the $.
And I'll admit I was one of those people hoping they'd find a way to sign him.
But instead they made prudent signings like Happ. That turned out very well for us, even though I was a skeptic because he'd only had what 3 decent months in Pit beforehand? He was excellent for us.

I'm confident this team will be competitive, maybe not WS caliber, but competitive.

As for attendence? It's a hot ticket in town now because of the back 2 back playoff births. Thay will continue regardless of the product on the field. It would take a few years of garbage to bring down the attendence significantly.

I love when people whine because we didn't give EE 5 years 125 mil. or Chapman 80mil. These types of contracts really hamper your team when the players aren't performing like they should. If you've been a fan since 77 you sure know all about stupid contracts for aging players.
Tears streaming down my cheeks, just take me to Lansdowne Street...
Thanks given by:
Sadly, this is a business and you do what you can to make the thousands of shareholders, at lot who likely not fan, happy. Rogers have made many shareholder very happy and that is the bottom line for them. The brand, Rogers and Blue Jays are worth a lot money at minimal expense. The changes will be made if or when stock value and shareholder returns falter.

It is like the Leafs. Up until someone figured out how much they were losing each year because they were not in the playoffs, did they start to ice competive teams. So as long as the Jays either come very close, or make the playoffs you guys as sport fans of the Jays will see these types of teams. Even the Yankees found out money can't buy a championship every year, but how you spend for certain quality player does. Ask the Red Sox about the Panda, Sandoval? End of rant!
No Place to Run, No Place to Hide!!
Thanks given by:
Ask the Diamonbacks how winning the offseason worked out for them. Or, I don't know.. the 2013 Blue Jays?

The rhetoric around the Blue Jays can be so embarrassingly misinformed sometimes.
Thanks given by: thebest41587 , CaperLeaf
And SNLeafaholic, I don't mean to criticize you specifically, but it irks me to see the sentiment amongst the fan base that support will come only when the team is good. That's the definition of a fair weather fan to me and unfortunately there are a hell of a lot of them in Toronto.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-12, 10:33 PM)shadylane Wrote: And SNLeafaholic, I don't mean to criticize you specifically, but it irks me to see the sentiment amongst the fan base that support will come only when the team is good. That's the definition of a fair weather fan to me and unfortunately there are a hell of a lot of them in Toronto.

How about "bandwagon" fans, it comes to mind from my neck of the woods!
No Place to Run, No Place to Hide!!
Thanks given by: shadylane
I was about to use bandwagon but chose fair weather instead. Silly
I am guilty of being a bandwagon fan, when it comes to the Jays.
Thanks given by: