Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 1: Raptors vs Wizards Thread
20 pt lead built back up
Thanks given by:
On to Friday night in Washington with a 2-0 series lead.
Thanks given by:
That was quite a win, though in true Raptors form they nearly let them back in.

Impressive overall - Vanvleet should be good for Friday. Will be great to have their best 3 point shooter (and arguably their best bench player) available.
Thanks given by:
44 in the first quarter? Damn this game was probably a blast to watch
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Finally Game Night!

Time to win on the road!
Thanks given by:
Washington is gonna be desperate tonight. I'll be curious to see what kind of urgency they come out out of the gates with. Down 0-2, all they've heard is how terrible they are, and playing in front of the home crowd... I like Washington's chances tonight.

We'll see.
Thanks given by:
Raps down by 8 at the half.

WSH shooting well.

Should be a fun 2nd half
Thanks given by:
Looks like Washington is taking this one.

It's okay. Not surprised they take their first game at home.

Doubt they win another
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-20, 09:19 PM)Chris D Wrote: Looks like Washington is taking this one.

It's okay. Not surprised they take their first game at home.

Doubt they win another

Raps need to win it on home court in 5 Wink
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
They shot 45% tonight, 43% from 3, and still got blown out. 18 turnovers and poor rebounding were major contributors to this loss. Ibaka grabs just 6 boards, and that led the team!

Will be interesting to see if Van Vleet is ready for Game 4 now. If he's iffy, don't blame them for sitting him when you're up 2-0. Pressure is on a bit now.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-20, 11:51 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: They shot 45% tonight, 43% from 3, and still got blown out. 18 turnovers and poor rebounding were major contributors to this loss. Ibaka grabs just 6 boards, and that led the team!

Will be interesting to see if Van Vleet is ready for Game 4 now. If he's iffy, don't blame them for sitting him when you're up 2-0. Pressure is on a bit now.

Weird game. Raps never seemed fully engaged. Looked good only for 1-2 minutes at a stretch, max.

The fawning deference that John Wall gets from the officials is becoming a problem. It's like playing against five-and-a-half men. How come all-stars Lowry and DeRozan don't get that treatment?
---
Give Marc Bergevin some credit.
(He'll pay you back with -10% interest.)
Thanks given by:
I am really enjoying Anunoby's coming-out party. Bright, young star!
---
Give Marc Bergevin some credit.
(He'll pay you back with -10% interest.)
Thanks given by:
Game 4 starts off with a 3-ball from Ibaka - let’s do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Oh my god that left handed slam from Wall on Jonas was something else
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-21, 01:26 PM)FormalWare Wrote:
(2018-04-20, 11:51 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: They shot 45% tonight, 43% from 3, and still got blown out. 18 turnovers and poor rebounding were major contributors to this loss. Ibaka grabs just 6 boards, and that led the team!

Weird game. Raps never seemed fully engaged. Looked good only for 1-2 minutes at a stretch, max.

The fawning deference that John Wall gets from the officials is becoming a problem. It's like playing against five-and-a-half men. How come all-stars Lowry and DeRozan don't get that treatment?

Raps up 30-22 after 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
ok delon wright I see you
Thanks given by:
Great defensive effort by the Raps in the first half but they were sloppy on offence - 11 turnovers I think.

51-40 at the half.
Thanks given by:
Third quarter was all Washington...they scored 40!

And they let the game get away from them...

Back to Toronto, with the series tied.

Toronto definitely not playing as well as they should be.
Thanks given by:
Looks like we've got a best of 3 - should be fun!
Thanks given by:
Really big missed opportunity for the Raptors with Bradley Beal fouling out in the 4th quarter. Toronto is just the most predictable team in the league offensively in a close game near the finish. It's a huge problem for them.

Looks like the Wizards are learning to play together at the worst possible time for Toronto. This is gonna be a series, and I'll give the slight advantage to Toronto seeing as they have home court advantage, but these are two relatively evenly matched teams.
Thanks given by: