Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 1: Raptors vs Wizards Thread
(2018-04-22, 07:47 PM)encore Wrote: Really big missed opportunity for the Raptors with Bradley Beal fouling out in the 4th quarter. Toronto is just the most predictable team in the league offensively in a close game near the finish. It's a huge problem for them.

Looks like the Wizards are learning to play together at the worst possible time for Toronto. This is gonna be a series, and I'll give the slight advantage to Toronto seeing as they have home court advantage, but these are two relatively evenly matched teams.

That was embarrassing.

It's one thing to lose to an opponent playing well, but I feel like they handed that game to Washington.  So many careless giveaways, and so many missed shots you just have to make.

When you're up 54-40 early in the 3rd and have held them to below 40% shooting, you have to close it out.

DeRozan spoke of playing games 1 and 2 like they were Game 7...I think he forgot that they have to win two more games after that to win the series.
Thanks given by: FormalWare
(2018-04-14, 04:17 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: With Van Vleet out, will be interesting to see who steps up.

I see this series going 6
Disappointing it's going 6 after they led 95% of the game, but not surprising.
People who said Washington would be lucky to win one game...... obviously had no respect for a very talented Washington team.
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-22, 09:07 PM)thebest41587 Wrote:
(2018-04-14, 04:17 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: With Van Vleet out, will be interesting to see who steps up.

I see this series going 6
Disappointing it's going 6 after they led 95% of the game, but not surprising.
People who said Washington would be lucky to win one game...... obviously had no respect for a very talented Washington team.

Yup, pretty much. Washington was playing really poor basketball heading into the playoffs, but they were a very, very good 8th seed with tons of talent. A trio of Wall, Beal, and Porter is very lethal.

I still like Toronto's chances, just because of how good they've been at home, but Washington putting up a fight and even matching Toronto tit for tat shouldn't come as a surprise.
Thanks given by:
I figured this was going to at least 6 games, but the collapse on Sunday is almost unforgivable.
Thanks given by:
Competitive first half - more defence (worse offence) than we've seen.

Raps up by one, 49-48.
Thanks given by:
Raps up by one, 79-78 going in to the fourth.
Thanks given by:
Back and forth - 6-0 run by the Raps to re-take the lead, up one, yet again.
Thanks given by:
JV with a couple huge defensive plays in a row - leads to a fast break bucket.

Now JV with the finger-roll for a deuce.
Thanks given by:
Deoln right with a MASSIVE 3-ball.
Thanks given by:
Wright follows it up with a fast-break deuce to go on a solo 5-0 run and Raps are up by 6 with under 3 to go.
Thanks given by:
Raps were down by 5 early in the fourth and are now up 8 with the ball (under 2 min to go).
Thanks given by:
dodged a bullet in this game...

D'd up the 4th quarter.
Thanks given by:
Raps are plus 42 with JV on the floor.

3-ball, its over!
Thanks given by:
JV and Wright just massive in the fourth - wow!
Thanks given by:
Killing me I couldn't watch this one. Too many games on tonight. Had to just track the score on the score app. How'd we Look? Good enough to inspire confidence going back to washington?
"These things have a way of working themselves out. I'm gonna let the liquor do the thinking."
Thanks given by:
10 pt win....didn't look like it would end up that way. great run at the end.
Thanks given by:
That was a damn good game! DeRozan was incredible. rooting for the Raps in this series.

Thanks given by:
Raps played great, hoping they can close it out in 6!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
What an awesome game!! Derozan killed it
Thanks given by:
Strong win from the Raptors. I think they'll have a good shot at closing it out in Washington.
Thanks given by: