Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2: Raptors VS Cavaliers Series Thread
series is over, after first game OT loss...

okay.
Thanks given by:
I understand the sentiment that the series is over, but it's too early to jump to that conclusion.

The problem for Toronto is that they had no business losing that first game. Cleveland just finished off an incredibly physical series where they quite frankly had no time to game plan for Toronto. LeBron was coming off playing against probably the most physical player in the NBA in Lance Stephenson, who didn't let LeBron breathe for the 7,000 minutes they were on the court together in Game 7. The Cavs didn't even get great performances from their star players, and they still managed to win. They also learned that they have a huge matchup advantage down low with Tristan Thompson.

With that said, Toronto is the superior team. We saw in the regular season that the Raptors have a bench that can strike quickly, and some really effective role players who do their jobs well. Cleveland's role players have no idea what the hell they're doing. Indiana almost beat Cleveland because Indiana is a physical team that knew how to gameplan for LeBron. They knew not to panic and double/triple team LeBron, leaving the wings exposed. They wore the Cavs down, and it was only on LeBron's pure will that they managed to get by. The Raptors are a better team then Indiana, but they're not as physical. Casey needs to have them better prepared tonight. The Raptors have been hearing for the last 48 hours about how awful they are and how they're going to get swept. If they don't come out and play some f-you basketball tonight, then quite frankly it's a group of losers. Win tonight and take one in Cleveland (totally plausible) and the narrative changes.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-02, 11:13 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Love has retroactively been given a Flagrant 1 for his elbow on DeRozan. Such bullshit it wasn't reviewed at the time it happened. Raptors were up 2 with 1:11 left to play when that happened. If they make those free throws they should've gotten, that changes things.

Reading up on this, the Flagrant 1 doesn't seem to have any sort of tangible effect on Love's eligibility. It's not like he's on probation, or anything. I suppose it might factor into a decision on supplemental discipline if he does anything more, in the rest of the playoffs.

Also, it sounds like the league said that DeRozan fouled Love, first; if that foul had been detected and play had been blown-down in a timely fashion, Love's infraction would never have occurred. Conclusion: Raps weren't jobbed, after all.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
Allright - lets do this - need this win tonight!
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-03, 11:30 AM)FormalWare Wrote:
(2018-05-02, 11:13 PM)thebest41587 Wrote: Love has retroactively been given a Flagrant 1 for his elbow on DeRozan. Such bullshit it wasn't reviewed at the time it happened. Raptors were up 2 with 1:11 left to play when that happened. If they make those free throws they should've gotten, that changes things.

Reading up on this, the Flagrant 1 doesn't seem to have any sort of tangible effect on Love's eligibility. It's not like he's on probation, or anything. I suppose it might factor into a decision on supplemental discipline if he does anything more, in the rest of the playoffs.

Also, it sounds like the league said that DeRozan fouled Love, first; if that foul had been detected and play had been blown-down in a timely fashion, Love's infraction would never have occurred. Conclusion: Raps weren't jobbed, after all.

If you want to get really technical, Love travelled before any fouls occurred, so it's still Raptor ball lol.
Thanks given by:
The Raptors are going to get swept. LeBron is just completely dominating them.

Thanks given by:
If there was ever a year where the Cavs were ripe for the picking, this is it. Cleveland just has their number though

I could see a sweep
Thanks given by:
So how bout those Jays?!
Thanks given by:
Anyone watching this? lol. This is greatness.

I've been sayin this since forever - the NBA is a superstars league. You're not going to win anything without one. The Cavs have LeBron, and he's not just another superstar - he's the 2nd greatest player of all time. You put him on the worst team in the league and I still would pick that team to beat the Raptors in a playoff series.

Thanks given by:
Man can't believe raps are losing. Thought for sure they would bounce back to take game 2
Thanks given by:
Lebron is too good Sad
Thanks given by:
Ibaka complete no show. Miles not much better and DeRozan very average. Raptors need a team effort to win and too many guys are passengers.
Thanks given by:
Whoa - Lebron be good!

Well, will be a tough one Saturday night but I can't wait - they'll show up with a vengeance.
Thanks given by:
128-110 Sad

So much for the Raps making the finals
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Unbelievable.

The Game 1 loss looks even worse now; they could've at least went to Cleveland with a split & we would've still had a series that was up for grabs.

Instead...the Raps head out to "The Land" down 0-2...I'll give 'em a shot to win 1 of the next two in Cleveland...but this series is now Cleveland's to lose.

If you're a Raptors fan right now, you're praying LeBron leaves the Cavs after this season & goes to the Western Conference...'cause that might be the Raptors' only hope of having a real chance to win the East anytime soon.
Thanks given by: FormalWare
Has a number 1 seed ever been swept out of the playoffs ever? because this has sweep written all over it.

Thanks given by:
The Cavs playing Toronto is almost like Cleveland getting a 2nd round bye!

It's that bad
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-03, 07:41 PM)ckendall Wrote: Unbelievable.

The Game 1 loss looks even worse now; they could've at least went to Cleveland with a split & we would've still had a series that was up for grabs.

Instead...the Raps head out to "The Land" down 0-2...I'll give 'em a shot to win 1 of the next two in Cleveland...but this series is now Cleveland's to lose.

If you're a Raptors fan right now, you're praying LeBron leaves the Cavs after this season & goes to the Western Conference...'cause that might be the Raptors' only hope of having a real chance to win the East anytime soon.

The Celtics are going to be a force next year with Irving and Hayward coming back. And Philly is looking like a future powerhouse. Embiid and Simmons reminds so much of Shaq and Penny.

But the Cavs will always be the team to beat in the East as long as LeBron is there. Doesn't matter who the supporting cast is. He's that good.

Thanks given by:
Realistically, this was Toronto's season to make some damage in the playoffs.

- The worst Cavs/Heat (with LeBron) roster in years
- A million injuries to Boston
- Philadelphia not yet reaching their potential

Next season, you gotta imagine Boston will be healthy and Philly will be improved. Who knows what Lebron is doing. I'm not counting Toronto out, but if they can't get it done in a year where everything is seemingly going their way, I don't see them overcoming any adversity to do it with this group.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-03, 07:49 PM)CTS Wrote: The Cavs playing Toronto is almost like Cleveland getting a 2nd round bye!

It's that bad

It's looking like it'll be a nice warmup for whoever they face in the ECF.
Thanks given by: