Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 2: Raptors VS Cavaliers Series Thread
(2018-05-05, 11:22 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: This series is so predictable. The Raptors are overrated - probably the worst #1 seed in NBA history. I posted a stat about a month ago how they're only 2 games over .500 against plus .500 teams and 34-2 or something like that against sub .500 teams. That's always not a good sign. They just basically beat up on bad teams.

Cleveland's record against plus .500 in the reg season wasn't that good either. But they have LeBron James. He can win a series all by himself. He's that good. And he has singlehandedly destroyed the Raptors in this series lol.

24-21 against .500 teams which is virtually the same as Boston.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-05, 10:57 PM)Unreal Wrote: DeRozan suggested the team thrives on adversity, but he was horrible.

Anunoby was terrific, as was VanVleet - starting him was a wise move. Ibaka was better, at the very least.

Unfortunately, too little too late. They were fairly good defensively - if Derozan is even decent they win this game.

Yet again, too little too late.

Hopefully they can extend this series and bring it home with a win on the road. At this point, the pressure's off.

DeRozan had 8 points, that is just downright pathetic.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
27 minutes for DeRozan and 19 for JV - telling.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-06, 03:43 AM)Pouzar Wrote: 27 minutes for DeRozan and 19 for JV - telling.

JV has actually played fairly well in this series. DeRozan has not and Ibaka stunk the first two games. When playing Lebron the Raptors need everyone to show up to play; not half the team.
The funny thing is that with one more shot made in games 1 and 3 the Raps could be up 2 to 1.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-06, 08:10 AM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-05-06, 03:43 AM)Pouzar Wrote: 27 minutes for DeRozan and 19 for JV - telling.

JV has actually played fairly well in this series. DeRozan has not and Ibaka stunk the first two games. When playing Lebron the Raptors need everyone to show up to play;  not half the team.
The funny thing is that with one more shot made in games 1 and 3 the Raps could be up 2 to 1.

Let's forget about James for a second; in the playoffs, you simply can't afford to have awful performances from two of your starters, and two players who are supposed to be among your best (or in DeRozan's case, your very best). And let's be real - awful isn't strong enough a word to describe DeRozan's performance - he was a -23 (-45 for the series).

He hasn't made a single three.

I'm not sure where they go from here.  I like DeRozan, but he's now a veteran in his prime and at times he'll still play like he's a rookie getting his first taste of the playoffs. This is against a crappy defensive team too.

Games 1 and 3 were very winnable. All they needed were decent (not standout) performances from their stars.
Thanks given by:
Moral victory for the Raptors. Did not think they'd push the Cavs, at all, in the games in Cleveland.

On the other hand, a loss is a loss and a sweep is a sweep. They need to win Game Four to really make a statement.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
The time for moral victories ended a long time ago, unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-06, 11:01 AM)Unreal Wrote:
(2018-05-06, 08:10 AM)duediligence Wrote:

JV has actually played fairly well in this series. DeRozan has not and Ibaka stunk the first two games. When playing Lebron the Raptors need everyone to show up to play;  not half the team.

Let's forget about James for a second; in the playoffs, you simply can't afford to have awful performances from two of your starters, and two players who are supposed to be among your best (or in DeRozan's case, your very best). And let's be real - awful isn't strong enough a word to describe DeRozan's performance - he was a -23 (-45 for the series).

He hasn't made a single three.

I'm not sure where they go from here.  I like DeRozan, but he's now a veteran in his prime and at times he'll still play like he's a rookie getting his first taste of the playoffs. This is against a crappy defensive team too.

Games 1 and 3 were very winnable. All they needed were decent (not standout) performances from their stars.

When I saw that stat I shat myself. +- is usually meaningless in basketball but if it's a close game and you're -23, clearly something is wrong.

DeMar should have to do suicide runs with the alteration of having to run backwards as punishment
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say it's meaningless in basketball; it's actually quite meaningful. Definitely not the same as +/- in hockey.
Thanks given by:
Hoping Raps can at least take the series to a game 5. But it's really hard for me to see that happening. Please prove me wrong Raps!!
Thanks given by:
Yup - lets get that win tonight.
Thanks given by:
Down 3-0 in the NBA is the kiss of death. The way they're going i see a sweep for sure. Hope i'm wrong.
Thanks given by:
Entertaining first quarter and a bit - teams trading baskets.
Thanks given by:
Wow they're really falling apart here.

I think it's safe to say there won't be another game in Toronto, baring a miracle.
Thanks given by:
That was an awful, and possibly game clinching, finish to the half
Thanks given by:
Yeah looking like it's going to be a sweep Sad
Thanks given by:
The Raptors are so bad. They know this is a must win game right? lol.

Thanks given by:
Down 23 now lol. This is sad to watch
Thanks given by:
How the heck did the Pacers take the Cavs to game 7 and the Raps can't even get one game Sad
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-07, 09:16 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: How the heck did the Pacers take the Cavs to game 7 and the Raps can't even get one game Sad

The Pacers are a tough/physical team. The Raptors are the complete opposite + they always play scared against LeBron.

Thanks given by: