Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Three Playoff thread
(Yesterday, 06:48 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I care about the series.

I also care about the Raptors.

I watched them both

Pretty much this. In this day and age we have the luxury to be able to watch both lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-19, 09:36 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 09:35 PM)Fritz Wrote: Every game of the playoffs is televised, why would this game be any different?

I have no idea, just that the post game coverage is not to be found. Instead I get Toronto shoved down my throat

I seek out sports coverage I want. The very platform you use to post can be used to seek out any topic you wish to hear about. That is the great thing about the internet, you get to choose what information shows up on your screen. By tuning in to a television station and actively watching what they decide to show you, you are opening your mouth up and inviting them to shove their program down your throat. With television you don’t get to choose what shows up on your screen when you tune to a channel.
Thanks given by:
I don't think styx gets how big the Raptors are in Canada, and especially this year where they're one series away from the NBA championship. You think Canadians tuning into TSN or Sportsnet want to watch highlights of the San Jose- St. Louis series over the Toronto Raptors right now?
Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
(3 hours ago)Ryu65 Wrote: I don't think styx gets how big the Raptors are in Canada, and especially this year where they're one series away from the NBA championship. You think Canadians tuning into TSN or Sportsnet want to watch highlights of the San Jose- St. Louis series over the Toronto Raptors right now?

Probably not.. lol.  Don't give it a ton of thought

I soured on the NBA when they pissed all over Vancouver, and it's fans. Also how they screwed us over in the draft..  and we were doing that just fine all by ourselves. Big fat Reeves over Garnet whosoever.. last name slips my mind, about 7 ft 4 and moves like lightning. Then we passed on Steve Nash.. who grew up right in our own front yard.

So Blues will take this thing, anyhow.. and then maybe get revenge for the 1970 sweep... as in win at least one game
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(6 hours ago)Nuclearsun Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 09:36 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 09:35 PM)Fritz Wrote: Every game of the playoffs is televised, why would this game be any different?

I have no idea, just that the post game coverage is not to be found. Instead I get Toronto shoved down my throat

I seek out sports coverage I want. The very platform you use to post can be used to seek out any topic you wish to hear about. That is the great thing about the internet, you get to choose what information shows up on your screen. By tuning in to a television station and actively watching what they decide to show you, you are opening your mouth up and inviting them to shove their program down your throat. With television you don’t get to choose what shows up on your screen when you tune to a channel.

Thanks, Nuke. SOME day, I might get this figured out. Just not a 'media nerd'

[Image: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wiki...05e0c51775]

Anyone remember this clown?

Thanks given by:
(2019-05-19, 05:16 PM)Oil4Evr Wrote: Go Blues! More specifically, go Big Rig!

Know what? This team has kinda won me over. they work hard, and they came from dead last to HERE.. because.. someone knew Berube could get these guys thinking right

Great job by him..

If SJ does pull a rabbit out of the hat, then Jumbo Joe at least has a chance to had it to the team that traded him.

'Some hat, SOME RABBIT'  ('Winnie'.. back when I was real young)
Thanks given by:
I think the Blues will win this one at home, the Sharks are just too banged up.  They went from being the most dangerous offensive team in the playoffs to one that has scored 1 goal in the last two games of a Conference Final.  They're gassed.
Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)Highstyx Wrote:
(3 hours ago)Ryu65 Wrote: I don't think styx gets how big the Raptors are in Canada, and especially this year where they're one series away from the NBA championship. You think Canadians tuning into TSN or Sportsnet want to watch highlights of the San Jose- St. Louis series over the Toronto Raptors right now?

Probably not.. lol.  Don't give it a ton of thought

I soured on the NBA when they pissed all over Vancouver, and it's fans. Also how they screwed us over in the draft..  and we were doing that just fine all by ourselves. Big fat Reeves over Garnet whosoever.. last name slips my mind, about 7 ft 4 and moves like lightning. Then we passed on Steve Nash.. who grew up right in our own front yard.

So Blues will take this thing, anyhow.. and then maybe get revenge for the 1970 sweep... as in win at least one game

Kevin Garnett...future HOFer Kevin Garnett....except he was drafted by the TWolves 1 spot ahead of VanCity.
Thanks given by:
Hertl and Karlsson did not make the trip and are out for tonight.

Pavelski is on the trip but no confirmation on his status at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

I don't know who the Raptors are playing (or who they've played) and I can't name a single Raptor.  The first time I heard someone mention a Raptors' playoff game was 3 days ago.   

I know they are in the playoffs because I pay attention to hockey, but that's it.   Raptors are invisible in my circles.   
But then again playoff hockey is almost invisible to them to  . .. sad lot   Silly Probably why I end up on this site sometimes.

Just stop watching Sportsnet or TSN, Styx.    They spend time on the huge time suck that is baseball too.  And they aren't even in playoff season yet.   Wink
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
karlsson and Hertl are not playing tonight.

Edit:Joe Pavelski is "a game-time decision"
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
San Jose is so screwed.
Thanks given by: