Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Westbrook
Posting Oscar Robertson numbers essentially. I'm not sure he's human...
Thanks given by:
27, 8, and 3 on the season
33, 11, and 11 in the past 10 games

Is there any doubt he's the man on OKC now?
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
I think he's having unsustainable success right now. Put him up against a team with a defensive strategy that can grind him out of position and you see OKC's success disappear.
Thanks given by:
His per-36 minutes numbers are incredible.....29/8/9/2.3 steals

Heck his career per-36 raw stats are not that far off LeBrons....raw stats at least

22.2 5.5 (1.7 ORB) 7.5

25.0 6.5 (1.0 ORB) 6.3

now don't get me wrong, hes not really in LeBrons class as a player, doesn't shoot as efficienctly and isn't as good defensively....but damn that's surprising. Really fills up the stat sheet.
Thanks given by:
(2015-03-13, 01:42 AM)bicboi Wrote: I think he's having unsustainable success right now. Put him up against a team with a defensive strategy that can grind him out of position and you see OKC's success disappear.

I do agree its unsustainable. Not a snowballs chance in hell is he the thunders number 1 option when Durant comes back, as some people have claimed, or even a 1b.

However, regardless of that, Westbrook is such a complete player that your comment doesn't do him justice IMO. A 6'3 point guard averaging nearly 8 rebounds per 36 minutes, to go along with 9 assists and 2.5 steals and tireless defense, who is a beast in transition, won't just get figured out that easily.
Thanks given by:
Westbrook is averaging 35 points, 10 assists, and 11 rebounds over the Thunder's last 10 games. Of course, eventually those numbers are going to drop, they just have to. With that said, what's going to keep Westbrook as being one of the 5 best players in the NBA is his compete level. He plays every game as if Game 7 of the NBA Finals and it's amazing to watch. I think this could also be his ultimate downfall, as injuries are going to take their toll on him.
Thanks given by:
Curry better not win MVP over him.
Thanks given by:
Russell Westbrook signs monster 5 year extension with OKC!

So happy to see him stay in OKC

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20862...-extension
Thanks given by:
(2017-09-29, 07:18 PM)CTS Wrote: Russell Westbrook signs monster 5 year extension with OKC!

I absolutely hate that franchise after it was moved from Seattle. I wish nothing but awful on OKC. Nothing against RW but just against the franchise. That goes for Memphis too.
Thanks given by:
I think he's worth it. He puts up the numbers to justify the $
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
He's really good, but he's also probably the most inefficient superstar in the NBA. He's going to have to change his style of play if OKC are going to seriously compete with Golden State.
Thanks given by:
(2017-09-29, 10:41 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2017-09-29, 07:18 PM)CTS Wrote: Russell Westbrook signs monster 5 year extension with OKC!

I absolutely hate that franchise after it was moved from Seattle. I wish nothing but awful on OKC. Nothing against RW but just against the franchise. That goes for Memphis too.

Understandable. I feel the same way about the Washington Nationals!
Thanks given by:
(2015-03-17, 05:12 PM)schenn02 Wrote: Curry better not win MVP over him.
It better not be Lebron.If Westbrook doesnt win it then it should be Curry

People said I was dumb but I proved them.Fry from Futurama
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Thanks given by:
Gets a flagrant 1 tonight for a blatant basically crosscheck after he didn't like getting bounced back like he was a bug lol. In Preseason... Dude needs to calm down!
Thanks given by: