Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Callahan on LTIR with Degenerative Back Disease
Terrible news for this young man. He has been advised by his doctors to quit hockey.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ligh...ck-injury/
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Awful news. Plain Sad
Thanks given by:
You never want to see a guy be forced into retirement like this.
Thanks given by:
Feel terrible for the guy. He was a tough competitor. I have to say that I'm a little sceptical though. Just as I was with Hossa and a few others. It must be just a coincidence that this happens to cap-strapped teams with older players on long contracts?
Thanks given by:
One of the TSN analysts, a former NHL'er (can't remember his name) was very skeptical of this injury and basically called out TB (and other GM's) for utilizing this as a way to circumvent a) the lack of a market for the player and b) the salary cap. He went on to point out that Callahan did play in the recent play-offs with nary a problem.

I was taken aback by this seemingly lack of sympathy, but it does make me wonder.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-21, 11:17 AM)Nanuuk Wrote: One of the TSN analysts, a former NHL'er (can't remember his name) was very skeptical of this injury and basically called out TB (and other GM's) for utilizing this as a way to circumvent a) the lack of a market for the player and b) the salary cap. He went on to point out that Callahan did play in the recent play-offs with nary a problem.

I was taken aback by this seemingly lack of sympathy, but it does make me wonder.

I hope he's ok but I admit that's the first thing that came to mind. These major career ending injuries only happen to cap strapped teams. It happens every year. I don't think its a coincidence.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by: