Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SC Playoff Game #4 - 8:00 pm MDT Wed.
Another late start for the Flames in the mile high city tomorrow night. Last game, the Flames looked like they were sucking wind big time. No energy, no nothing. Breakdowns were the order of the day. Old guys like FF Icon_razz and me Cry couldn't stomach what we were seeing and quickly changed the channel. I'm guessing that was the norm across Calgary because you just knew the Flames didn't have it in them. Not like the regular season when the camaraderie and je ne sais quoi would emerge to take over a game and take them to victory.

Now the Flames know they have to win and respond to their latest set back. They've had an extra day to get used to the thinner air. The coaches have had an extra day to try and figure things out. Do they make minor or major changes to the line-up? The players have had the extra day to talk amongst themselves and re-kindle that spark and play the way they are capable of. Can they regain their compete level? Beat the Av's to the puck? Tighten up defensively?

Tune-in tomorrow to find out!

GO FLAMES GO!

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Beerisfood , Bully , Bully
This team has looked terrible and then bounced back to defy the critics more than once this year.  It would be nice to see a couple more forwards play with the determination and spirit that we see from Bennett & Hathaway.
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: Bully , Bully
I see Todd McClelland has signed in LA $5M X 5. Watch him take the basement dwellers onwards and upwards and pass the Oilers in the standings next year.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
[Image: giphy.webp]
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. - Churchill
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Beerisfood , Beerisfood , Bully , Bully
Most of the interviews yesterday (I saw Hanifin & Giordano) were focused on questioning the Flames how they intend to stop MacKinnon.

Its really simple.  Stop coughing up the puck.  Get it in the Avs zone and maintain offensive pressure.  if Nate is forced to play defense, then he is not flying up the ice and getting as many shots as he wants.  If the Flames play their game, then MacKinnon can get back to planning his next commercial.., (Syd is waiting for him)
Thanks given by: maclintock
FORWARDS

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Elias Lindholm

Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik

Sam Bennett - Mark Jankowski - James Neal

Andrew Mangiapane - Derek Ryan - Garnet Hathaway

DEFENCE

Mark Giordano - TJ Brodie

Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic

Juuso Valimaki - Rasmus Andersson

GOALTENDER

Mike Smith

Valimaki is in tonight
Thanks given by: KNilsson14 , Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Our top line has to be the best players on the ice tonight. Johnny has to quit bitching about every little slash he gets and not throw the puck away like he is afraid to be hit every time an avs player gets close. If Monny is not hurt he has to get his head out of his ass and in the game.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Bully , Bully
The thought has occurred to me that the Flames management knew during the trading deadline that we had a gap in our forward ranks that would jump out and bite us. If we bow out in the first round, I can see Tre making a deal or two or three to close that.

Having said that. When the Flames get on their horses and gallop they are very tough to beat. The 1 line can't play like prima-donna's. They need to go to the dirty areas and they need to man up. Right now one Bennett is worth more than the hole bloody line. That is leadership and why maybe he should be given another shot at centre.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: KNilsson14
(2019-04-16, 01:22 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Another late start for the Flames in the mile high city tomorrow night. Last game, the Flames looked like they were sucking wind big time. No energy, no nothing. Breakdowns were the order of the day. Old guys like FF Icon_razz and me  Cry couldn't stomach what we were seeing and quickly changed the channel. I'm guessing that was the norm across Calgary because you just knew the Flames didn't have it in them. Not like the regular season when the camaraderie and je ne sais quoi would emerge to take over a game and take them to victory.

Now the Flames know they have to win and respond to their latest set back. They've had an extra day to get used to the thinner air. The coaches have had an extra day to try and figure things out. Do they make minor or major changes to the line-up? The players have had the extra day to talk amongst themselves and re-kindle that spark and play the way they are capable of. Can they regain their compete level? Beat the Av's to the puck? Tighten up defensively?

Tune-in tomorrow to find out!

GO FLAMES GO!
Maybe being there a few days in a row will help them out a bit with the altitude . Looked like they had no jumpnat all last game ?   If that was it

Pretty simple they need to control Mackinnon. The guy in the last 2 games pretty much seems to do whatever he wants. Maybe have That 2nd line try and beat him down. 

Colorado is scary fast, or look way faster than U.   Got to slow them down. 

I think you have a good bounce back and tie the series tonight, but if you don’t its over. 

Good luck
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-16, 04:40 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: I see Todd McClelland has signed in LA $5M X 5. Watch him take the basement dwellers onwards and upwards and pass the Oilers in the standings next year.

Don’t think so Nanuk.  LA is terrible and even weaker than the Oil up front.   Wonder if Buffalo really we’re interested, because why wouldn’t you go to avteam that is young and has lots of good young talent , compared to a team that is really old with no young talent or very little in prospects.
Thanks given by:
The answer is pretty easy mac

Location, Location, Location
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
I was thinking the same thing... LA or Buffalo???
I know where I am going.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
Well for sure , I agree LA, if you look at it that way lol,    But LA is going to be really bad for a while.  Not too many slower teams in the show than that.   

He will have his hands full for sure . He does like to play vets though , maybe that is also why Buffy soured on him
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 05:13 PM)Beerisfood Wrote: I was thinking the same thing... LA or Buffalo???
I know where I am going.

Buffalo has much better beer and wings tho.   Lol
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if I can watch this. I'm a bundle of nerves already even after I've been 'fortified'!
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
So far the Refs have their whistles in their pockets.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
They still haven't figured out how to slow down MacKinnon
Thanks given by:
Valimaki steps and makes an Avalanche sandwich with Hathaway
Thanks given by:
Lindholm is showing spunk. Now to get Monahan going.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Lindholm and Kerfoot mix it up after a face-off

4-on-4
Thanks given by: