Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUP boards
Anyone  have a SUP board or tried it?
Thanks given by:
Stand-Up Pattle Board?

Yup - did it in San Diego, Maui and, just recently, off the south coast of the Indian Ocean with no land in sight.
Thanks given by:
Don’t have one but have done it and am thinking about getting one for up at the lake.
Thanks given by:
Yes, I've never tried, but my wife just bought one. She tried it in Brazil & Colombia & fell in love with it

We're going to the Okanagan this weekend, but I'm pretty sure the lake won't be warm enough without a wetsuit
Thanks given by:
I have one and I love it. Quite a few people on the west coast have them. I also have a kayak. You're right, the water is still very cold right now so have the suit on.

Where in OK are you going CTS?
Thanks given by:
We're going to Kelowna for 4 nights.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-14, 09:24 PM)CTS Wrote: We're going to Kelowna for 4 nights.

Nice.

I haven't been able to make my way there this year. Over the next 4 months I'll be there 3 or 4 times at the very least. 

For those who haven't been to Kelowna it's a must visit at least once in your life, preferably in the summer.
Thanks given by:
Was' SUP?
A zoo is the only place where all of the prisoners are innocent. 
Thanks given by:
We used to vacation in Kelowna in the summer - it was always a bit bittersweet as much rich ass Jewish friends were flying off the Hawaii. On the other hand, at least it wasn't gassing up the Wagon to head to Regina to visit mom's side of the family (which was most summers).

My brother lives there now - for the last few years after spending about 20 years in Vancouver.

You clarification on the post above. Instead of "preferably" in the summer, it should read "exclusively" in the summer.
Thanks given by: topgun
(2019-05-14, 09:48 PM)divit Wrote: Was' SUP?

See post 2.
Thanks given by:

Stand Up Paddleboards

SUP. Looks like an oversized surf board
Thanks given by:
You guys both missed the joke Divit was making.
Thanks given by: divit , divit

was' SUP wit you?
cfl
Thanks given by:
Sure did - right over my head - duh!
Thanks given by: CTS , CTS
We have one at the lake. A very peaceful way to tool around on the water. Good core workout too.

We have the perfect place for one as there are many little inlets and bays and it never gets all that rough.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
My wife bought one and loves it. I have not tried it yet. She has to be careful though.....Lake Huron can get stirred up in a hurry.
If you take everything I’ve accomplished in my life and condense it down to one day, it looks decent! George Costanza
Thanks given by:
I have a couple of the inflatable ones that we can pack up and bring with us if we are going to be near a lake. I also have a lake in our community that they are fun to take the boys out on a jump off of.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-14, 07:53 PM)CTS Wrote: Yes,   I've never tried,  but my wife just bought one.   She tried it in Brazil & Colombia & fell in love with it

We're  going to the Okanagan this weekend,  but I'm pretty sure the lake won't be warm enough without a wetsuit

If you can get on it from a dock, you likely won't need a suit. They're pretty stable and easy to maneuver. I don't think I've ever fallen off one.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 09:13 AM)Beerisfood Wrote: I have a couple of the inflatable ones that we can pack up and bring with us if we are going to be near a lake. I also have a lake in our community that they are fun to take the boys out on a jump off of.

Ya that's what my wife bought, but she thought it was small & compact when deflated. It's anything but! When the board is deflated & packed up in the back pack, the case is about the size of a full size suitcase.

She wants to take it to Russia when we go next month, but we'll have to take 1 less suitcase in order to do that. Takes up a lot of space
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 10:58 AM)ZappaScores Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 07:53 PM)CTS Wrote: Yes,   I've never tried,  but my wife just bought one.   She tried it in Brazil & Colombia & fell in love with it

We're  going to the Okanagan this weekend,  but I'm pretty sure the lake won't be warm enough without a wetsuit

If you can get on it from a dock, you likely won't need a suit. They're pretty stable and easy to maneuver. I don't think I've ever fallen off one.

The first time I went on one was in some bay in San Diego.

Got quite far out from the shore when I realized by blackberry was in my pocket - my heart sunk. I took out the battery and kneeled (as opposed to stood) on the paddle board and very very carefully made my way back to shore without incident.

I agree, they are pretty stable but "if the seas are rough that day"......
Thanks given by: