Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad News...Wife of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich passes away

My gawd this is such sad news.

Condolences go out to "Popp" and his family.

Popovich one of the most respected & well-liked coaches in the NBA, & really in all sports.

Sad
Thanks given by:
Couldn't have been more accurate ckendall, Popp is one of the most respected and well liked coaches in sports in sports and I hope he can get through this as best as he can. Rip Mrs. Popovich
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: ckendall
Pop is probably one of if the most intelligent coaches in all of the big 4 sports leagues in North America. He's at the cutting edge, especially in how he left players at home to rest while they were on a road trip. It forced the NBA space out their games a little more.

As for Ms. Pop, I have no idea who she was but may she rest in peace..
Thanks given by:
I had no idea this was going on. Considering how candid and sarcastic Pop has been in the last week or so in recent interviews, this going on makes a lot of sense. He basically called out Kawhi for being a p***y the other day.

Such sad news! Was shocked when I read it. Game tomorrow, does he coach? Does he finish the series? Whatever he does, in this situation is admirable really though. Arguments for both.
Thanks given by:
Popovich is probably my favourite person in the NBA, and is quite easily the best coach in the NBA and maybe North American professional sports.

There are videos you can find on Twitter of LeBron and Durant's reactions, and this is one of the reasons I love the NBA so much. Those guys' reactions were so genuine and you can really see what a brotherhood the NBA is.

I feel so awful for Popovich, his family, and the Spurs players as I can't imagine what this must be like to go through at this time. No idea if Pop will continue coaching, but whatever he decides he will go down as one of the greatest coaches of all time.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I don't agree with Pops political views at all & wish he would stop using his platform to ram them down our throats, but no denying he is an all time great. Best basketball coach I've witnessed

He will not coach game 3

Condolences to him & his family
Thanks given by:
I like and respect 'Pop' for that very reason...that he doesn't hide his thoughts or feelings on certain situations & often says a lot of what folks such as myself are feeling just the same.

Also, his interviews with the late, great Craig Sager were the stuff of legends...hilarious, funny, & entertaining. Some of the best clips & soundbites along the NBA sidelines often involved 'Pop' & Craig Sager. Fun times. Happy

Yeah, he won't coach Game 3 tonight obviously, basketball at this moment is the least of his concerns. He might come back for Game 4 but for now he should be there with this family through this very sad occasion. Sad Sad
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-19, 10:02 AM)Pouzar Wrote:

You could tell instantly how the news caught LeBron off guard; here he is, conducting a postgame interview after their Game 2 win & suddenly he gets dropped with the sad news of Coach Pop's wife passing away...they go way back many years, LeBron & Popovich.
Thanks given by:
The interviewer told LeBron before hand & asked him if it was OK to ask him about it.

People freaking out over it today thinking she blindsided LeBron or something
Thanks given by:
It's nice she did that, but the way he reacted, can't blame them for thinking she did.
Thanks given by: