Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints trade Adrian Peterson to Cardinals
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...20714701=1
 "It was me father, I killed the Dahlia" 

Thanks given by:
I guess the Vikings were right about not signing Peterson. Perfect timing.

The Rams will face him in London in week 7.
Thanks given by:
Probably Peterson's last chance
Thanks given by:
The sands of time are running short on AP's NFL career it would appear.
Thanks given by:
I thought he was one of the best and all they get in return is a draft pick

People said I was dumb but I proved them.Fry from Futurama
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-10, 09:35 PM)shawn81 Wrote: I thought he was one of the best and all they get in return is a draft pick

He hasn't been one of the best for a few years now.  He's an old running back... reaching his sunset.
Thanks given by:
Peterson is 32 - its rare for an NFL running back to pass 30 without huge regression.

One of the all-time greats - his prime was unbelievable.
Thanks given by:
it really is amazing how fast these once great RB's break down

This child abuser should not even be allowed to play anyways, I am glad his career is falling apart.
Thanks given by:
It's almost like 30 years old is a real magic threshold - anecdotally of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Bong13
It's not the age, it's the mileage...
Thanks given by:
They go hand in hand
Thanks given by:
Nah, I posit that there isn't that much age related drop off in a career substitute player who hasn't had many carries.

The turnover rate (with back-ups) is more due to availability of back-up quality players. If they are frequently replaced, eventually you'll get lucky and find a genuine starter. And salary is kept to a minimum.
Thanks given by:
Then show me the proof. Where are all these low mileage older running backs tearing it up?
Thanks given by:
Anecdotally, its extremely rare for any material running back to not decline rapidly right around the age of 30 (if they haven't earlier) - it really is almost like a magic number.
Thanks given by:
Unless colleges start red-shirting players for twelve years, it's going to be hard to provide proof that wear-and-tear is the deciding factor, not age.
I will point out that Gatlin is the reigning 100m champ at 35.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what Justin Gatlin has to do with NFL running backs - he's pretty fast at running in a straight line though - kind of a stunner, i was watching the race.
Thanks given by:
Same body type. Same explosiveness. I'm using that as a comparable.
The main difference is that a sprinter doesn't have eight years of beat downs before he reaches thirty. And can stay competitive after thirty.
Thanks given by:
It's the rest and recovery that makes a HUGE difference as you age. It just takes longer to get back to optimal performance as you age.

The steroids that McWire, Bonds and Sosa took allowed them to play and train with very quick recovery times. Most of these steroid users say that they used it more for the recovery aspect of it.
Thanks given by: