Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoreboard watching
Sounds like we'll see Pettersson back wed vs the Oilers. So the playoff push is back on Grin

Canucks 47 points, 47 GP.

Teams to keep an eye on:

Colorado - 48 points, 45 GP
Minnesota - 47 points, 44 GP
Anaheim - 47 points, 46 GP
Arizona - 43 points, 44 GP

* Blues are starting to get healthy, so i expect them to make a push. They have too much talent to be in the lottery.

Thanks given by:
did not think for a moment that Colorado would be in a position to miss, but you never know

I still think Vancouver finishes a few points out, but we never thought they would be this close still in January

so here's hoping they finish the season winning more than they lose, and I am sure they will, be a bonus if they can win enough for a playoff spot
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
Remember we have our yearly bye coming off later this month. Last game is on the 23rd and then we don't play till February 2nd. That's when we will have a better idea if we have a shot or not.
Thanks given by:
Anaheim 0-6-4 in the last 10 games

Colorado 1-7-2 in the last 10 games, but naturally are beating the leafs tonight.
Where I live, it's always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close.

Thanks given by:
Flyers beat the Wild 7-4. Blues beat the Caps 4-1.

Thanks given by:
van needs to finish the home stand 3-0-1

that will keep them on pace for the last playoff spot
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
Oil thrash Sabers 7-2
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-14, 11:49 PM)HaroldSnepsts Wrote: Oil thrash Sabers 7-2

The Oilers have the most favorable schedule in the league this year. What this guy wrote in the tweet add to it the time adjustment. The Sabres body clock was playing the game at 9 pm EST. 

Thanks given by:
Damn.

Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 10:26 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Sounds like we'll see Pettersson back wed vs the Oilers. So the playoff push is back on Grin

Teams to keep an eye on:

* Blues are starting to get healthy, so i expect them to make a push. They have too much talent to be in the lottery.

That’s so cute...  Love
Thanks given by:
My bad. I forgot about the Stars.

Stars - 50 points, 46 GP. They'll play the Lightning tonight.

Thanks given by:
(2019-01-15, 12:50 PM)trapper Wrote:
(2019-01-15, 08:32 AM)T.V. Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 10:26 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Sounds like we'll see Pettersson back wed vs the Oilers. So the playoff push is back on Grin

Teams to keep an eye on:

That’s so cute...  Love

Butt hurt because the oilers were left off the list of teams to keep an eye on? 

That's so cute.

If my team was mostly utter crap for a decade + and was able to load up on high end picks  ( including the consensus , best in the world ), I'd be butt hurt if my team WAS included on list of Wild Card chasers in 2019.

FTR - Here is a comparison of where the Canucks and Oilers have picked in the first round over the past 10 years ( including 2018 ).

Canucks - 7 - 5 - 5 - 23 - 6 - 24 - 9 -26 - 29 - 22... 10 picks, total number of 156... On average , we've picked at 15.6 in the 1st round over the past 10 years.

Oilers - 10 - 22 - 4 - 1 - 3 - 7 - 1 - 1 - 19 - 1 - 10... 11 picks, total number of 79... On average , the Oilers have picked at 7.2 in the 1st round over the past 10 years.

Note, Canucks have exactly ZERO top 4 picks in the last decade, the Oilers... SIX.

Canuxxx was just playin nice...  Wink

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Watching this Blues/Wild game right now at the airport lol(flight to DC is delayed). Blues are completely dominating the Wild 4-0. We're only 1 point back behind the Wild for the last WC spot.

Canucks sked the rest of the way is pretty easy. We need Edler and Tanev back though to really make a run at this thing.

Thanks given by:
Edler and Tanev out of the lineup makes a huge difference. On the other end of that spectrum are Gudbranson and Pouliot. Just how bad is Guddy?

Thanks given by:
Chicago is a team to watch. 57 points, 1 game in hand and are 8-2 in their last 10 games.

Colorado is a team that looks like they just don't want it. 1-6-3 in their last 10.

Arizona is a bit of a dark horse, 57 points with 2 games in hand and 4-5-1 i their last 10.

Ducks, Kings, and surprise surprise the Oilers are done like dinner.
Thanks given by:
As a fan of a Western conference team, I have grave concerns about the Avs going forward - they have some absolute elite young talent including a guy like Girard and they are going to get a top 3 pick (potentially first overall) plus another top 10 pick.

They could potentially get the top two picks in the draft...
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-17, 10:05 PM)Pouzar Wrote: As a fan of a Western conference team, I have grave concerns about the Avs going forward - they have some absolute elite young talent including a guy like Girard and they are going to get a top 3 pick (potentially first overall) plus another top 10 pick.

They could potentially get the top two picks in the draft...

Just imagine if they took Pedderson over Mikar  Shocked
Thanks given by:
Both Chicago and Colorado with wins tonight and both tied with us in points (Colorado has a game in hand).

Tomorrow night the game to watch is the Yotes/Oilers match. Wednesday both Chicago and Colorado are in action and then back to us on Thursday when we have a tilt with the Yotes.
Thanks given by:
Just terrific playing compacted schedules followed by numerous days off.......yes the days off help injuries recover .....the same injuries that occur more often in the compacted games.      We were 5 games ahead of most teams at Xmas and at the same level as most 2 weeks ago and then poof.....3 games ahead soon after the 10 day holiday.     Brutal to play like that, although it has been somewhat mitigated with younger bodies. 

I just wish when the schedule makers were explaining the schedule we could not hear splashing around the wading pool in the background.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Arizona wins last night, Chicago winning tonight. That leaves us in 6th spot in the wild card standings at the start of the night.
Thanks given by: