Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See ya, well sort of
I just asked RATW to close my account

Limestoner is a pretty cool dude.. He cams me down.  Anyhow, a permanent ban from Off Topic will get it done

The Trump thread grew by almost 85 pages in just 3 weeks lol

Cheers

Styx
  Proverbs 14:27
Thanks given by:
take a break Styx.
you've had a rough week.

hockey season will upon us soon.
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
Styx,

If you don't want to post here then you don't need to ask for your account to be closed just don't posts - your in control, subject to addiction or dependency matters.

I say this because this has got to be at least the 5th time I've read this from you over the years.

Anyways, the forum overall is a better place with you on it. We share VERY few beliefs but I like you as person - I know you mean well.

If its the "beating" you take in Off Topic, then I make a few suggestions:

1) don't engage in the discussion - make your post with your opinion and leave it at that - don't respond.

OR

2) open your mind a bit and slow down. Read the posts from others slowly and with thought and open your mind to other points of view. You don't have to change your opinion but there is alot to learn if you are open to it.

OR

3) take breaks when things get like this
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 07:45 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Styx,

If you don't want to post here then you don't need to ask for your account to be closed just don't posts - your in control, subject to addiction or dependency matters.

I say this because this has got to be at least the 5th time I've read this from you over the years.

Anyways, the forum overall is a better place with you on it.   We share VERY few beliefs but I like you as person - I know you mean well.

1) don't engage in the discussion - make your post with your opinion and leave it at that - don't respond.

OR

2) open your mind a bit and slow down.  Read the posts from others slowly and with thought and open your mind to other points of view.   You don't have to change your opinion but there is alot to learn if you are open to it.

OR

Thanks Pouzar. Wise counsel

Limestoner suggested we go back to what we had before so I am banned from Off Topic. FOREVER

Of course I said yes  Off Topic is a pit

Training camp pretty soon, eh?

Anyhow, I'm off the the Okanagan for a day or 5
Thanks given by:

Anyways, the forum overall is a better place with you on it. We share VERY few beliefs but I like you as person - I know you mean well.

OR

2) open your mind a bit and slow down. Read the posts from others slowly and with thought and open your mind to other points of view. You don't have to change your opinion but there is alot to learn if you are open to it.

OR

Good post and I concur 100%.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 07:51 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

Anyways, the forum overall is a better place with you on it.   We share VERY few beliefs but I like you as person - I know you mean well.

OR

2) open your mind a bit and slow down.  Read the posts from others slowly and with thought and open your mind to other points of view.   You don't have to change your opinion but there is alot to learn if you are open to it.

OR

Limestoner suggested we go back to what we had before so I am banned from Off Topic. FOREVER

Bummer. This legitimately disappoints me.

Thanks given by:

OR

OR

I would ask him to give you some time to think about that and consider it before committing.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 07:52 PM)Superlube11 Wrote:

OR

OR

Any chance you'd reconsider? Hell, I'd even help you to navigate some of the murky waters in the background via PM if you'd be up for it. Sort of like a soft tap on the shoulder and a "pssst, Styxie, fold your hand".

Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 07:35 PM)nicky Wrote: take a break Styx.  
you've had a rough week.  

hockey season will upon us soon.

Thanks Nicky

I wanted to message you, but maybe best not to. You said some things a few days back that kind of ... well .. were a downer

Not mad at you, but ... anyhow, I like your wit, and you are smart as a whip, and you have a way of sort of calming me down when I get in orbit. Actually, I
find you likeable (no, not that way), and then you said that stuff

Might be because I saw a phrase there that was word for word what my ex said to me, about (gasp*) 45 years ago/ Still hit a trigger, I guess

I never meant to rile you .. (even if I have that Trump pic in my profile, from time to time)

Enjoy what's left of summer
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 08:03 PM)Superlube11 Wrote:

OR

OR

Any chance you'd reconsider? Hell, I'd even help you to navigate some of the murky waters in the background via PM if you'd be up for it. Sort of like a soft tap on the shoulder and a "pssst, Styxie, fold your hand".

Funny thing just happened. I agreed on a permanent ban from Off Topic. They're going to keep me here outside the pit/zoo whatever

But I don't want to be part of what goes on in Off Topic.

I passed a kidneystone. Didn't sleep good. Those little buggers can torture you. So edgy today, and short fuse
Thanks given by:
Styx, I disagree with you politically and religiously, but you are my friend and I would miss you immensely if you weren’t here posting with us. 

You are passionate and state your beliefs accordingly. That should always be respected!

It’s going to be a fun season! Hope you are with us in the GDT’s as usual.

C2
Where I live, it's always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close.

Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
(2019-08-14, 08:17 PM)C_Squared Wrote: Styx, I disagree with you politically and religiously, but you are my friend and I would miss you immensely if you weren’t here posting with us. 

You are passionate and state your beliefs accordingly. That should always be respected!

C2

Yep. I just lost in in O.T. Kind of lashed out at 2 staffers. Kidneystone kept me awake and I am zzzz  (Compared to a kidneystone, Heart Surgery was a breeze)

So later
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 08:09 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

OR

OR

Funny thing just happened. I agreed on a permanent ban from Off Topic. They're going to keep me here outside the pit/zoo whatever

I passed a kidneystone. Didn't sleep good. Those little buggers can torture you. So edgy today, and short fuse

Do you pass a kidney stone every night or is that your go to excuse. Shocked
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 08:27 PM)Highstyx Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 08:17 PM)C_Squared Wrote: Styx, I disagree with you politically and religiously, but you are my friend and I would miss you immensely if you weren’t here posting with us. 

C2

Yep. I just lost in in O.T. Kind of lashed out at 2 staffers. Kidneystone kept me awake and I am zzzz  (Compared to a kidneystone, Heart Surgery was a breeze)

So later

Haven't the docs pulverized those things for you?
Turns stones into dust.
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by:

OR

OR

Did you stop taking the Magnesium supplement?

HS, please don't leave Off Topic. You didn't do anything wrong, you just argued a lot which isn't against the rules. Others try to bait you by bringing up your religion even when it's not relevant to the discussion.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 10:35 PM)Marsh Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 08:27 PM)Highstyx Wrote:

C2

So later

Haven't the docs pulverized those things for you?
Turns stones into dust.

Once upon a time they did just that. I had to wait TWO months before this got done, and the dummies missed the one that was hung up. For 2 years it did nothing, and then I found out it was still there, much bigger. Emerg and basket retrieval. Worked good.

Yeah the Magnesium works, but for some reason, these things want to be my friend Cry  Cry

Fortunately, that last little bastard just passed right through
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 11:23 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 07:51 PM)Highstyx Wrote:    Thanks Pouzar. Wise counsel

Did you stop taking the Magnesium supplement?

HS, please don't leave Off Topic. You didn't do anything wrong, you just argued a lot which isn't against the rules. Others try to bait you by bringing up your religion even when it's not relevant to the discussion.

Nope, I do about 450mg of Magnesium a day, and drink a lot of water. I am permanently out of O.T. and at my own request

They still have each other to play with Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 09:57 PM)Vanquish Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 07:51 PM)Highstyx Wrote:    Thanks Pouzar. Wise counsel

Do you pass a kidney stone every night or is that your go to excuse. Shocked

If you ever have one, you will not be able to ask such a question  but ans your Q, I have passed a couple of them.. Plain
Thanks given by:
I can’t stand talking about politics, politicians (they mostly all are self-absorbed vermin) and I can’t stand talking about religion (agnostic, but boy does this topic ever bring out the cro-magnon in us). Hockey is where it is at. Stick to that topic, and you’ll see the best in people.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf