Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shapovalov at Rogers Cup
Shapovalov goes down in straight sets. He saved two-match points but blew 3 break points in the final game.

It was a hell of a game

He simply couldn't take advantage of some opportunities today.
Thanks given by:
That was a fun match to watch.

At least now I don't have anxiety over needing to spend the day at the office tomorrow and likely having to PVR the final.
Thanks given by:
Great run for Denis

I'm guessing he will drop out of Vancouver next week and rest up for USO quallies, unless he gets a WC
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Of all the top young players right now, Zverev is probably the best of the bunch. He's really good.

Thanks given by:
Lost in straight sets (2nd set was a tiebreak)...but it was a great run to the semis. As I mentioned earlier, with Raonic, and Bouchard getting bumped early, Shapovalev was a great story for Canadians to follow.
Thanks given by:
Sure was a great story and this kid is so young.

What type of potential does he have? There is a turnover happening at the top of the male bracket.
Thanks given by:
It's hard to say

He has the potential to be a better player then Raonic, and in fact if he could find some consistency in his game then he probably already would be.

He's an aggressive baseline player, but he has some areas where he could improve on, including his second serve and his net/volley game.

I think it's so hard to say what a player's potential could be in tennis, because some of the most talented players are severely underperforming (Kyrgios, Tomic, Paire, Gulbis), while some of the least talented players end up being ranked near the top (Ferrer for instance). He probably has top-10 potential, but I also wouldn't be surprised if his career took some ups and downs over the next couple of years, and he doesn't make another run like this for a year or two or three.
Thanks given by: Pouzar , Pouzar
The future is now. Picking Zverev to win the US Open next month.

Thanks given by:
(2017-08-13, 05:20 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: The future is now. Picking Zverev to win the US Open next month.

I'll wait and see what Federer's health status is, but otherwise Zverev is definitely one of the favourites. I believe he's ranked 3rd in the ATP Race to London
Thanks given by: