Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple question about Leonard
Do you think if the Raps go deep this year and make a finals appearance he might re-sign and stay or is this just a one year thing.?

him and Lowry/Siakam are dangerous
Thanks given by:
I dont think it matters how the Raptors do in the playoffs if Leonard re signs or not

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
Leonard is gone. no two ways about it. Gone if they get booted in the first round...Gone if they win it all.
Thanks given by:
The media has done nothing but speculate that he's gone. Based on that, I'd assume he'll leave regardless of the Raptors success this year. Really though, who knows? I certainly wouldn't count on it, but everyone was also saying Paul George was a goner last year and he re-signed long term in OKC.
Thanks given by:
I think he'll leave and the Raps will do a transition year next year to start an aggressive retool/rebuild
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-20, 03:46 PM)Chris D Wrote: Leonard is gone. no two ways about it. Gone if they get booted in the first round...Gone if they win it all.
Any idea where? If James wasnt with Lakers I would go with them but if he leaves maybe Clippers.If he wants to dominate the East is thin

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
I don't believe any report or rumor surrounding Kawhi, especially if it's from any US media person.  Remember that rumor that he would refuse to play for the Raptors and sit out the entire season?  That was clearly bullshit.  Kawhi seems like a really private person, no one knows what he's thinking.
Thanks given by: CuttingEdge
I never thought there was anything to Leonard sitting out for the year...that would only push his free agency a year further away. After basically missing a season, he needed to get back on the court, and show he can be worth a contract.
Thanks given by:
If he does leave it'll be through sign and trade likely. He'll be leaving a lot of money on the table if he does leave.

Toronto can offer him 5 years 190 million, nobody else can offer more than 4 years 141 million.

If he'd stayed in San Antonio, they could've offered him 5 years 219 million. So by forcing the trade he's already given up a potential 29 million. So you can look at it like either money doesn't matter, or he's already having to give up 29 million, he may not want to give up more.
Thanks given by: RATW-Leafaholic
I think he stays. Raps will give him max.
He's having an amazing year.
Seems to be liking the fact that he can play when and where he wants.

I vote he stays.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
Who knows if the rumours are true, but the Clippers are the other team being talked about mostly. I think he'd be a fantastic addition to the Clippers, who are building a pretty good team of their own.
Thanks given by:
Another quick question about if Leonard leaves.?

do you think to maximize his earning he would do a sign and trade and let the Raps work out a trade to get some picks and pieces back or will he just leave us in the lurch on july 1st.? either way its his prerogative..
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-23, 02:32 PM)RATW-Leafaholic Wrote: Another quick question about if Leonard leaves.?

do you think to maximize his earning he would do a sign and trade and let the Raps work out a trade to get some picks and pieces back or will he just leave us in the lurch on july 1st.? either way its his prerogative..

I think thebest made a great post earlier when he highlighted just how much more money Leonard could earn by signing with Toronto. I would guess that the likeliest scenario is a sign-and-trade, simply due to the money involved.
Thanks given by: RATW-Leafaholic
Report: Kawhi Leonard buys home in San Diego for $13.3 million

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/...3-million/
Thanks given by:
Bump..lets revisit the thought of Leonard staying or leaving.? what do most of you think now.? he is leaving for sure or there is a chance that a deep run in the playoffs could sway his decision to resign here longterm.?
Thanks given by:
Win or lose...he is gone
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-11, 04:12 PM)Chris D Wrote: Win or lose...he is gone

you think he will throw us a bone and do a sign and trade so he gets max cash contract..?
Thanks given by:
I don’t think anybody has the inside info on what Kawhi is doing.
Thanks given by:
No idea if he's staying or going.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he stays.
Thanks given by: