Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So it begins TRADE TRACKER
Philly trades Gudas to Washington for Niskanen

Bit of an odd one , as it. Adds a bit more offense to Philly , which could signal a bigger trade coming . The Ghost to Toronto ? Maybe in a Little Willy trade.
Thanks given by:
Philly retained on Gudas.

Pure cap dump for Washington I think.
Thanks given by:
Gues Washington will use cash on Connelly,    Smart move, too bad for us.

Eberle resigns 5 years at 5.5 ( Wow, that is a great contract for him, not sure for NYI )
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 10:15 AM)maclintock Wrote: Eberle resigns 5 years at 5.5 ( Wow, that is a great contract for him, not sure for NYI )

There's a contract that will be bought out in 2 years. 

Terrible.
Thanks given by:
Just speaking out loud I hope the Leafs are not serious about reports that they “might” be open to getting Lucic in some type of trade with the Oilers? Would be great for your team very very bad for my teamSad
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 11:04 AM)CaperLeaf Wrote: Just speaking out loud I hope the Leafs are not serious about reports that they “might” be open to getting Lucic in some type of trade with the Oilers? Would be great for your team very very bad for my teamSad

No, he'll be great for your team!  He brings all kinds of intangibles and toughness!!
Thanks given by:
I was willing to kick the tires on Eberle at $4M with maybe a 3 year term. I anticipated that he'd get a bit more but, even with his playoff heater, his recent play simply does not justify that contract, in my opinion.

I didn't realize that he had almost 60 points the year prior, I thought he struggled more offensively that year as well, however, 37 points in a full season - will he bounce back? Maybe but its no certainty at 29 years of age.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure he has a few more good years, but that's a bit of a risk on Eberle. It's certainly not a risk we could have taken at this point in time.

Wish Eberle the best though, and hope he does well for the duration of that contact.
Thanks given by:
No thanks to Eberle at that cost! Yikes

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 11:01 AM)25YearRebuild Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 10:15 AM)maclintock Wrote: Eberle resigns 5 years at 5.5 ( Wow, that is a great contract for him, not sure for NYI )

There's a contract that will be bought out in 2 years. 

Terrible.

That is a gross overpayment. Wow.

Thanks given by: maclintock
Copy/paste posts everywhere. How many posts of your own you copy a day? Your whole “if you don’t like reading it twice, don’t read it” doesn’t work when reading a thread and re-reading the same posts over and over. The extra seconds taken every time you copy and paste a post in multiple threads really does take the appeal away from reading the forum. Wasting the time of people who read all different forums, and have to scroll through the exact same post in multiple threads, does reduce the enjoyment of this place. Before you copy/paste, how about asking yourself if what you have to say is that important to other posters that they should have to read it twice. You are the only poster that copy/paste posts in multiple threads. Maybe ask yourself why that is at least once. Your copy/paste posts have really sapped a great deal of my time over the years here, and when only one single person does it, without the courtesy of a “posted in another thread” warning, it should very well be time for that person to maybe look at themselves in the mirror and try figure out why they are the only ones to do it. Hint, what you have to say isn’t the most important thing posted. It doesn’t need to be posted in multiple threads. If it is that important, people will see it if posted in the one thread it’s posted in. It’s ok, go ahead and report this post, I’m not debating the topic, but the poster’s spamming of multiple copy/paste posts. Tired of having my extra time wasted reading the exact same post in multiple threads, as many others are as well.

If you want a post to contain something on topic, I think even though Eberle took a pay cut, the inconsistency of him doesn’t make that anywhere close to a good deal. Hope it works out for both parties, but pretty sure it’s not going to.
Thanks given by: maclintock , maclintock
(Yesterday, 04:48 AM)teamblue Wrote: Copy/paste posts everywhere. How many posts of your own you copy a day? Your whole “if you don’t like reading it twice, don’t read it” doesn’t work when reading a thread and re-reading the same posts over and over. The extra seconds taken every time you copy and paste a post in multiple threads really does take the appeal away from reading the forum. Wasting the time of people who read all different forums, and have to scroll through the exact same post in multiple threads, does reduce the enjoyment of this place. Before you copy/paste, how about asking yourself if what you have to say is that important to other posters that they should have to read it twice. You are the only poster that copy/paste posts in multiple threads. Maybe ask yourself why that is at least once. Your copy/paste posts have really sapped a great deal of my time over the years here, and when only one single person does it, without the courtesy of a “posted in another thread” warning, it should very well be time for that person to maybe look at themselves in the mirror and try figure out why they are the only ones to do it. Hint, what you have to say isn’t the most important thing posted. It doesn’t need to be posted in multiple threads. If it is that important, people will see it if posted in the one thread it’s posted in. It’s ok, go ahead and report this post, I’m not debating the topic, but the poster’s spamming of multiple copy/paste posts. Tired of having my extra time wasted reading the exact same post in multiple threads, as many others are as well.

If you want a post to contain something on topic, I think even though Eberle took a pay cut, the inconsistency of him doesn’t make that anywhere close to a good deal. Hope it works out for both parties, but pretty sure it’s not going to.

So true ,
Thanks given by:
It seems that, once again, a short playoff heater has been over-valued - i can't see any other justification for that high an AAV given age and recent performance.
Thanks given by:
Have you been into your new thread in Hockey General? Some posters actually defending these signings as 'the cost of doing business' nowadays..... not even close. So far there's been 3 signings by teams retaining their own UFA's & every single one has been a HUGE mistake

I'm sure either Josh Ho Sang or Michael DalColle could put up 30 points next season on the Island if given a decent shot & wouldn't cost $5.5 million
Thanks given by:
From Elliot Friedman's 31 Thoughts column on Sportsnet today:

"11. Puljujarvi, by the way, still prefers a fresh start."

Trade him for a bag of practice pucks, Ken.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 06:21 AM)maclintock Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:48 AM)teamblue Wrote: Copy/paste posts everywhere. How many posts of your own you copy a day? Your whole “if you don’t like reading it twice, don’t read it” doesn’t work when reading a thread and re-reading the same posts over and over. The extra seconds taken every time you copy and paste a post in multiple threads really does take the appeal away from reading the forum. Wasting the time of people who read all different forums, and have to scroll through the exact same post in multiple threads, does reduce the enjoyment of this place. Before you copy/paste, how about asking yourself if what you have to say is that important to other posters that they should have to read it twice. You are the only poster that copy/paste posts in multiple threads. Maybe ask yourself why that is at least once. Your copy/paste posts have really sapped a great deal of my time over the years here, and when only one single person does it, without the courtesy of a “posted in another thread” warning, it should very well be time for that person to maybe look at themselves in the mirror and try figure out why they are the only ones to do it. Hint, what you have to say isn’t the most important thing posted. It doesn’t need to be posted in multiple threads. If it is that important, people will see it if posted in the one thread it’s posted in. It’s ok, go ahead and report this post, I’m not debating the topic, but the poster’s spamming of multiple copy/paste posts. Tired of having my extra time wasted reading the exact same post in multiple threads, as many others are as well.

So true ,

I also agree.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 01:35 PM)oilgeo10 Wrote: From Elliot Friedman's 31 Thoughts column on Sportsnet today:  

"11. Puljujarvi, by the way, still prefers a fresh start."

Trade him for a bag of practice pucks, Ken.

How does trading him for nothing help the team?
Thanks given by:
The absence of drama. Frees up money and a contract. Frees up time and energy for a player who will develop into a player...
Thanks given by:
That's not worth it for me.

I sign the player to a reasonable contract and hope he comes to camp healthy and ready as he likely will - hope the coach gives him that solid shot in the top 9 - consistent minutes night in and night out with some decent skill - let the player play hockey and start to have fun again.

If he's not showing some arrows up after 30-40 games, well, even I will be ready to move on.

If he won't sign a reasonable deal under $1.5M, well, have fun sitting out Jesse or back in Europe.
Thanks given by:
If he doesn't want to be here, get rid of him.
Thanks given by: