Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what about our D corp?
Well we know Weber is out for at least 1/3 of the season

We know we never landed a #2 dman to partner with Weber.

We know Mtl has once again loaded up with depth dmen, young guys who have under performed and being given a second chance, etc

So who makes the team to start the season?

Petry, Alzner, Schlemko, Benn....to me these are a given

Mike Reily, Noah Juulsen....I can't see how they dont

So that leaves 2 spots if Habs go with 8 to start the season.

Mete
Xavier Ouellet%,
Rinat Valiev,
David Sklenička,
Michal Moravčík,
Brett Lernout,
Matt Taormina
Simon Despres (tryout so He can be simply cut)
...did I miss someone?

The ones in bold would need to go thru waivers.

I am guessing it may come down to who plays R or L?

Obviously everyone comes to camp wanting to make the team. Desptes is on a tryout, Oulette came here expecting high chance to make the team, Valiev decided Not to go overseas so at that point I wondered if Mtl told him he had a great chance to make the team (but then they signed a few more D lol). Lernout is our own draft pick so we have spent $ developing him and he plays R which now lacks Weber. Am I wrong in thinking Mete is not a lock to be in Mtl?

So many possibilities. Anyone see 2 that are ahead of the others? And it's 2 if we assume they go with 8 until Weber gets back. They may go with 7?

What's ur starting 8?

And yes I know all the mess up MB did over the yrs with the D corp. And I know I am dreaming to think we can talk in this thread without bashing MB. WE all know He messed up. But so far this is our D to start the season. I don't care if it's crap or better then last year's depth. These are the names. Who do you see starting the season in Mtl. Any players we may lose on waivers?

Maybe do 2 lists...With these names what would be YOUR starting 8, and then a second list of what u think realistically will be our starting 8.(what management will do)
Thanks given by:
Petry, Alzner, Schlemko, Benn, Mete, Juulsen + one of Reilly/Lernout
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 08:44 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote: Petry, Alzner, Schlemko, Benn, Mete, Juulsen + one of Reilly/Lernout

Basically this. I'd complain but Id actually rather see this than Alzner the 2nd, a finger in the dyke solution. No one guy will make this crew acceptable so if we're going to be bad let's be as bad as can be
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 08:44 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote: Petry, Alzner, Schlemko, Benn, Mete, Juulsen + one of Reilly/Lernout

[Image: tumblr_n88veaBGj11rylulro1_400.gif]
Thanks given by: Habysmal , Gerry Pigeon
It's bad.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 09:44 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

Thats everyone;s reaction when they realize this season we get to see the real David Schlemko
Thanks given by: Habysmal
(2018-07-13, 10:09 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 09:44 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

Thats everyone;s reaction when they realize this season we get to see the real David Schlemko

First reporter in September to ask MB if he thinks this year's defence is better than last year's wins a unicorn ride from o2t.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 09:03 AM)mada7 Wrote:

Basically this. I'd complain but Id actually rather see this than Alzner the 2nd, a finger in the dyke solution. No one guy will make this crew acceptable so if we're going to be bad let's be as bad as can be

I would like to see Mete in Laval for a season so he can play big minutes and develop with less pressure than in Montreal
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 10:18 AM)Strummer Wrote:

I would like to see Mete in Laval for a season so he can play big minutes and develop with less pressure than in Montreal

Can he play in the AHL?

He's, what 19... right? Just turned 20.
Not sure if he qualifies.
(He might... I dunno).
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 10:18 AM)Strummer Wrote:

Agreed for the most part on Mete. I wouldn't mind him getting 40 games or so in Laval, then coming back to up to see how he does alongside Weber.

And if Despres's noggin isn't mushy, I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately, Mete might be the best fix to play with brain-fart prone Petry. Alzner and Juulsen works for me, even as a 2nd pairing, as they did play to end last season with Weber out.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 10:29 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Unfortunately, Mete might be the best fix to play with brain-fart prone Petry. Alzner and Juulsen works for me, even as a 2nd pairing, as they did play to end last season with Weber out.

Burning off another year of Alzner's contract will count as a positive.

#glasshalffull
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 10:39 AM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 10:29 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Unfortunately, Mete might be the best fix to play with brain-fart prone Petry. Alzner and Juulsen works for me, even as a 2nd pairing, as they did play to end last season with Weber out.

Burning off another year of Alzner's contract will count as a positive.

#glasshalffull

That contract'll be over before I know it. At my age, years just pass me by at an astounding speed.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Really, there's a lot not to like a group that's predominantly 3rd pair and the extra 2 bodies, but we're stuck with these guys, so
Alzner(I can't play zone D to save my life) Petry (his -30 was better than Galchenyuk's)
The real Schlemko with Juuls,
Reilly (really likely to be the one that plays with Weber in January) and Lernout.
Benn and Valiev as the extra bodies.
Mete goes to Laval for seasoning.
Benn gets waived once The Bearded One returns.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 11:04 AM)Cal Wrote: Really, there's a lot not to like a group that's predominantly 3rd pair and the extra 2 bodies, but we're stuck with these guys, so
Alzner(I can't play zone D to save my life) Petry (his -30 was better than Galchenyuk's)
Reilly (really likely to be the one that plays with Weber in January) and Lernout.

Western MB would give us a fifth for Benn.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 11:04 AM)Cal Wrote: Really, there's a lot not to like a group that's predominantly 3rd pair and the extra 2 bodies, but we're stuck with these guys, so

predominantly 3rd pair

Vegas made the Stanley Cup Final with defense that were 3rd pairing when they were acquired by the VGK
Thanks given by:
Video 
(2018-07-13, 11:16 AM)Strummer Wrote:

predominantly 3rd pair

Vegas made the Stanley Cup Final with defense that were 3rd pairing when they were acquired by the VGK

Also a 78-point centre, a 75-point centre, three 55+-point wingers and a .927 goalie.

We had zero 55+-point players, only one 'centre' with more than 25 points, a .900 goalie and Karl Alzner.

Finals here we come.

[Image: 200.gif]
Thanks given by:

You definitely want to get the worst possible out of this D, I see. Last year wasn't enough proof (while they played together early on) that Alzner and Petry playing together will only give us episodes of the Keystone Cops on ice?

If the aim, is simply "Lose For Hughes", I could see them as a pairing. If MON tries to be remotely serious as a hockey team, I hope Julien doesn't have a bad memory...
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 11:25 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

predominantly 3rd pair

Also a 78-point centre, a 75-point centre, three 55+-point wingers and a .927 goalie.

We had zero 55+-point players, only one 'centre' with more than 25 points, a .900 goalie and Karl Alzner.

Finals here we come.

78 point centre was a 25 point centre, 75 pointer was a 51 pointer,

wingers had 46, 37 and 26 points when acquired.

Goalie was .909
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 01:26 PM)Strummer Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 11:25 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

predominantly 3rd pair

Finals here we come.

78 point centre was a 25 point centre, 75 pointer was a 51 pointer,

wingers had 46, 37 and 26 points when acquired.

Goalie was .909

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by: