Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanley Cup Finals
All games start at 6pm mountain time:

Game 1: Monday, May 24 at Bruins
Game 2: Wednesday, May 29 at Bruins
Game 3: Saturday, June 1 at Blues
Game 4: Monday, June 3 at Blues
Game 5: Thursday, June 6 at Bruins (if necessary)
Game 6: Sunday, June 9 at Blues (if necessary)
Game 7: Wednesday, June 12 at Bruins (if necessary)

6 day wait which I'm sure most will complain about.
Thanks given by:
Seems kinda dumb to have almost a week off.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: nicky , nicky
Crazy as to how much travel time that they're giving teams and the amount of rest before the series even begins. Did Zdeno Chara and his aging body draw this schedule up? You couldn't draw up a schedule better than this for a senior citizen.
Thanks given by: nicky
I think the Celtics made it a bit of a challenge.
Thanks given by:
I'm sure the Blues are happy for the rest - get rested and healed up a bit - I'm sure very few of them are feeling anywhere near good.
Thanks given by:
What if the Bruins are TOO rested? It could hinder them.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-21, 10:06 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I think the Celtics made it a bit of a challenge.

The Celtics have been eliminated unless they're playing pick up ball at the TD Garden.
Thanks given by: CTS
Should start on Saturday, that gives the Blues 3 days off and the Bruins more than a week.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-21, 09:58 PM)Pouzar Wrote: All games start at 6pm mountain time:

Game 1: Monday, May 24 at Bruins
Game 2: Wednesday, May 29 at Bruins
Game 3: Saturday, June 1 at Blues
Game 4: Monday, June 3 at Blues
Game 5: Thursday, June 6 at Bruins (if necessary)
Game 6: Sunday, June 9 at Blues (if necessary)
Game 7: Wednesday, June 12 at Bruins (if necessary)

6 day wait which I'm sure most will complain about.

Friday the 24th or Monday the 27? I’m assuming the later.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-21, 10:33 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2019-05-21, 10:06 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I think the Celtics made it a bit of a challenge.

The Celtics have been eliminated unless they're playing pick up ball at the TD Garden.

Duh. I should have known that. 

The arena schedule still shows playoff dates for the Celtics. I guess they never updated it.
Thanks given by:
Lol the Sharks could've used a break like this.

I hope the Blues and Bruins start off at full strength...only to tear each other down.

Bruins in 6
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I always find the finals the least entertaining round.  There's always a big break between the conference finals and the cup finals then multiple 2 day breaks between games.  Hard to get a momentum going.

Thanks given by:
Anyway I'd be surprised if Boston doesn't win.  I'll say Bruins in 6 as well.

Thanks given by:
I  miss the days when the Cup was already decided by now.

the long wait and the multiple days inbetween games is going to make a lot of the US viewers stop caring.  or go watch NBA (shiver...)
cfl
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-21, 10:52 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: I always find the finals the least entertaining round.  There's always a big break between the conference finals and the cup finals then multiple 2 day breaks between games.  Hard to get a momentum going.

back in the day they didnt wait so long..   let's go back to that day and play them sooner and back to back nights.
cfl
Thanks given by:
What's the rush to have the season come to an end? If you don't care, don't watch the games.
Thanks given by: Mavid
(2019-05-22, 07:47 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: What's the rush to have the season come to an end? If you don't care, don't watch the games.

The hockey season is way too long. They start in September and end in June it's like why don't you just play through and never end?
cfl
Thanks given by:
I really hope the Blues pull it off, but i'm sure Boston will win. Not much they don't win in that city. Should be a good series.
Thanks given by:
I hope St. Louis wins, but my head says Boston in 5
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-22, 11:42 AM)cflisthebest Wrote:
(2019-05-22, 07:47 AM)Ryu65 Wrote: What's the rush to have the season come to an end? If you don't care, don't watch the games.

The hockey season is way too long. They start in September and end in June it's like why don't you just play through and never end?

So? What's the problem?

I agree with Ryu - I love hockey and wish there was hockey all year round - of course, the players need an off-season but the off-season sucks.

I don't care if its nice outside - I can choose to be outside and I can choose to watch hockey (if it was available) - shit, I could even combine the two.....
Thanks given by: