Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Trek: Discovery
Ep 3 was very good...the entire first two episodes, was just to set up Micheal's character for this episode. They tore her down as low as she can get. She is hated by everyone, and feared by people who had called her friend. How she deals with that and moves on, to rebuild that trust, is going to be a big part of her character. She has to get past being "the mutineer".

Also, finally get aboard the Discovery, and in the first 5 minutes, we are introduced to more characters that we can get attached to, than in the first two episodes combined.

If I have one small criticism, it's the design of the Discovery...looks a little too "classic series Klingon bird of prey".

Series is getting good. Totally looking forward to more
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
I enjoyed that episode. I like how she just does things, doesn't follow orders every time.

it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
Warning:  Brain May not be Engaged.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
Finally watched the first 3 episodes, I'm very impressed so far
Thanks given by:
A first in Star Trek history tonight! Can anyone guess what that was?
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-15, 07:27 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: A first in Star Trek history tonight!    Can anyone guess what that was?

F bomb...and a "shit".

Don't believe it was a first for "shit"...but the F bomb caught me off guard.

Gene would never have allowed it...however many boundaries he pushed...language was not one of them.

The gay engineer and doctor, I believe, is also a first for Star Trek on tv. (Sulu is gay in the most recent movie)
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Yea the F Bomb was unexpected. But i think it kinda adds some flare to the show
Thanks given by:
Great series so far. I noticed to that the time frame for Discovery is after the last series (Enterprise). They referenced Captain Archer as one of the most highly decorated Captains. It is also supposed to be only a decade before Kirk shows up, albeit a different timeline. I was pleasantly surprised tho see the Harry Mudd character. I imagine we will see him again.

Yes they are breaking new ground again. I wonder what William Shatner's take on this new series is?
Good Judgement comes from Experience which comes from Bad Judgement - Harry Neale
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-16, 05:51 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: It is also supposed to be only a decade before Kirk shows up, albeit a different timeline. 

By canon...it is not supposed to be a different timeline than the original series...though they do leave it open for some artistic license to change some things.

They will be ignoring the Abram's movie'verse.

I wonder if at some point we meet younger versions of any of the classic series crew...like a LT. Kirk sort of deal.
Thanks given by:
what is Kirks deal before the enterprise??

i haven't read much on it..
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-16, 10:26 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2017-10-16, 05:51 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: It is also supposed to be only a decade before Kirk shows up, albeit a different timeline. 

By canon...it is not supposed to be a different timeline than the original series...though they do leave it open for some artistic license to change some things.

They will be ignoring the Abram's movie'verse.

I wonder if at some point we meet younger versions of any of the classic series crew...like a LT. Kirk sort of deal.

Thank god for that. 

Being that discovery takes place about 10 years before Kirk, I suppose that's conceivable
Thanks given by: