Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stone wants out
https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/erik-...a-as-well/

Oh man..
Thanks given by:
This is not new. EK, Turris and Stone all wanted out last year as they were not fans of Boucher.
There's a reason he only signed a year, if Boucher is gone, Stone may end up staying, or if the team starts to turn around by mid-season.

I posted about it last year.
Thanks given by:
I think he just came on the radio and refuted it
Thanks given by: Bong13 , Bong13
I attached a TVA twitter to the post I made in the other thread (news & notes), but Stone is saying he does NOT want out now?

Given the owner, I can't be surprised.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be surprised if he does but I'm also not surprised the media for rival teams are also acting like fans from rival teams
There's chum in the water and they are quick to jump to conclusions.

My guess is it's a wait and see situation between now and the trade deadline. The Sens have until then to convince him they are going in the right direction.
Thanks given by:
I think it's worth noting that there was never a quote from him saying that he did.
Thanks given by:
Anytime you see "From what I've been told..." a red flag should go up in your mind. This is Fake News.

This "reporter" could have got this info from Twitter or a message board or whatever. Louis Jean was once based in Ottawa, so good chance it's just gossip from an old friend who was probably venting about the team.
Thanks given by:
You see? It was the reporter's personal interpretation and prediction of what may happen.

https://twitter.com/LouisJean_TVA/status...1501443072

Someone goes on Twitter and posts it with zero context, and some piece of shit click bait website publishes it as if it is fact.

This is how society gets dumber and dumber and dumber.
Pretty much AR.

Stone: Who the F is this guy??? I never said anything remotely close to that.

Even the reporter is back tracking now.

That said, would anyone be surprised if he DID want out?

I’m sure the 1 year commitment was more the fault of the team than the player. Stone would have signed a fair long term deal, but I’m sure they tried to low ball him.
Thanks given by:
Yea this is bullshit, I mean if Stone did want out, he's not going to straight up admit it to everyone and say it. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't but I don't think he would let anyone know this he doesn't come off as a stupid guy. Stone is probably one of the few oldschool good guy type hockey players and we're lucky to still have him leading the team.
Thanks given by: Rinkrat
They got the cap space to sign him now
Thanks given by:
I trust Stone to have enough integrity and sense not tk say anything dumb considering the Karlsson debacle. Having said that I will not be surprised if he does want out. Heck, i feel bad for the guy. He'll have to lead one of the wprst rosters we've had in recent memory
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
The TSN panel thinks he can be enticed to stay by over paying him!
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-19, 07:36 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: The TSN panel thinks he can be enticed to stay by over paying him!

The TSN 'panel' has likely been creaming their jeans lately, what with all of the goings on in Ottawa...
Thanks given by:
This is the same network that wrote an article with video on Tavares being the first Leaf that scored in training camp.

Lol
Thanks given by:
I'd much rather see Dorion overpay massively to keep Stone and Duchene than watch him completely Muck up another trade with our top players.
Thanks given by: SenStanley
(2018-09-20, 07:45 AM)Boxer Wrote: I'd much rather see Dorion overpay massively to keep Stone and Duchene than watch him completely Muck up another trade with our top players.

I think the Sens would be smart to build around Stone and Duchene. Both high character guys the younger ones can learn from.
Thanks given by: Rinkrat , Rinkrat
(2018-09-20, 10:23 AM)duediligence Wrote:
(2018-09-20, 07:45 AM)Boxer Wrote: I'd much rather see Dorion overpay massively to keep Stone and Duchene than watch him completely Muck up another trade with our top players.

I think the Sens would be smart to build around Stone and Duchene. Both high character guys the younger ones can learn from.

They'd be vets near the decline by the time we're competitive again but I couldn't think of a better player in our organization to keep around long term than Stone (not against Duchene but he's no Stone)
Thanks given by:
You'd be surprised how quickly a team can turn around once an organization puts their mind to it. With the right trades and drafting 3-5 years. The expansion Senators started from a far worse position and it took them 4 seasons of non playoff hockey. Stone would be around 33 if he keeps his health in the same age range as Alfie in 05/06.

Just a first game and I only watched the third but I wasnt impressed with rebuilding piece Tkachuk though. For a big guy he was soft on the boards and constantly turned the puck over at the blue lines to Leaf defenders. A top 6 winger has got to at least be able to get those pucks deep if he gets jammed at the blue line.
Thanks given by:
Is he eligible to be sent to the AHL?

I'm fine with letting him cook in the minors. Let guys like Formenton and Chlapik get a chance, they've earned it.
Thanks given by: