Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stone wants out
I believe so he can also be sent to London and that wouldn't be a bad idea either if he isn't ready.
Thanks given by:
God I hope someone on our team is willing to step up if some piece of shit like Domi ever tries any scumbag shit. Neiler would step up and give hell as oppose to starting shit and I sorta miss his presence. Hoping someone like Tkachuk or Brown end up as that guy
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-20, 03:16 PM)bicboi Wrote: God I hope someone on our team is willing to step up if some piece of shit like Domi ever tries any scumbag shit. Neiler would step up and give hell as oppose to starting shit and I sorta miss his presence. Hoping someone like Tkachuk or Brown end up as that guy

Boro says hi.
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-20, 03:24 PM)venison_casserole Wrote:
(2018-09-20, 03:16 PM)bicboi Wrote: God I hope someone on our team is willing to step up if some piece of shit like Domi ever tries any scumbag shit. Neiler would step up and give hell as oppose to starting shit and I sorta miss his presence. Hoping someone like Tkachuk or Brown end up as that guy

Boro says hi.

If he's on the roster, its because we have no better option on D, Neil was valuable as a bottom six forward, I aren't the biggest Boro fan in terms of his usefulness on the ice but he definitely would stick up for teammates
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-19, 11:38 AM)Stevie_Y Wrote: I think he just came on the radio and refuted it

From what I know of him and his parents, he's quite a respectful person generally speaking (and was raised to be that way). It getting out like that would not be something he'd be ok with.
Thanks given by:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ston...s-rebuild/

Would $8 million per season at 8 years be enough to keep Stone and Duchene? El Cheapo must feel like a moron for not wanting to give Turris 7 years at $6.5-7 million now. Having said that, the past is behind us. I think its market value for Stone to be paid $8 million and same with Duchene (only because players like Couture already set the benchmark). 

A bit early but what does everyone think is fair value for our two best forwards?
Thanks given by:
I think you try and trade him at the deadline as a rental.
The rebuild needs to start and paying Mark Stone 8mil just to stay with a dying team is insane.
Trade them all, it's not like having mark stone is going to put people in the seats, and he would be a valuable rental for a contending team. Get a first round and a 3rd and go about your day.

I'd even trade Duchene if there was a team willing.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
a. would you blame him
b. would he be such a bad guy if he did? we've all worked at place we didn't look, or weren't a good fit, or we saw no future, who's to judge some of these players if they feel the same way. they don't get to choose where they work when they start, so when they do have an opportunity, why not exercise it.

I'm sure lots of players have different motivators and priorities, winning, stability, location, money, family, i don't think the media has an accurate sense of this for any player.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-22, 06:33 AM)himmelblau Wrote: I'm sure lots of players have different motivators and priorities, winning, stability, location, money, family, i don't think the media has an accurate sense of this for any player.

100% agree. Once a player hits his UFA years, it's his right to play where they want to.
The New York media throwing JT under the bus is ridiculous. He's been a pro there for years and wanted to come home, why throw dirt on him? or anyone that does the same?

If I was a pro, I would want to play for the team I wanted to play for. Not everyone GETS that luxury, but for the ones that do, we shouldn't throw dirt on them for it.
Thanks given by:
Here's the thing, i 100% understand of Stone wants to test the market after fulfilling his last contract. I'm just trying to be positive.

During a rebuild you still need players that can mentor younger guys. Stone is still young enough that he can be a part of a 3-5 year project. Same with Duchene. All comes down on whether they want to. I like both of their characters and play style so I hope they stay.
Thanks given by:
That's right Bicboi and the last people who should be lecturing Sens fans on rebuilds are Leaf fans. :-)

The team has been stripped enough since coming within a goal of the Final. You still need skilled veterans to mentor the youth and by all accounts Duchene and Stone has the right character and attitude to fill that role. The Sens should have more than enough cap space to re sign them. Giving them away as rentals if they are willing to sign is sheer idiocy.

The next thing the Sens should be focused on is a young goalie to develop behind Anderson and a rebuild of that defence.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-22, 11:22 AM)Rinkrat Wrote: That's right Bicboi and the last people who should be lecturing Sens fans on rebuilds are Leaf fans. :-)

The team has been stripped enough since coming within a goal of the Final.  You still need skilled  veterans to mentor the youth and by all accounts Duchene and Stone has the right character  and attitude to fill that role. The Sens should have more than enough cap space to re sign them.  Giving them away as rentals if they are willing to sign is sheer idiocy.

The next thing the Sens should be focused on is a young goalie to develop behind Anderson and a rebuild of that defence.

Duchene, maybe.
But Stone most definitely wants out. Hence the 1 year arb term.

And if anyone should be telling you how to rebuild it's the leafs.
But unfortunately you don't have a willing owner with enough sense to hire and keep his cheap ass nose out of the pot.

I am merely giving my opinion, this is afterall, a discussion forum.
Not like any of us have any say on what our respective teams do anyway...we are all just pissing in the wind.

And in my opinion, the Sense should hope Stone has a decent year and then trade him.
Melnyk wont pay his demands anyway.
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry and with respect but no, Leaf fans are the last people to talk about rebuilds to other fan bases. It was the same thing under Burke when Leaf fans thought they could and JFJ Jr before him when they signed all those former offensive stars.

Let's try and win a playoff round first my Leaf friends. Its only been 15 years.

Melnyk might be a clown but he hates to lose for very long. Given his history he's more likely to push for those two to stay because he has no interest in becoming Edmonton and hoping and praying on draft picks alone.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-22, 02:22 PM)Rinkrat Wrote: I'm sorry and with respect but no, Leaf fans are the last people to talk about rebuilds to other fan bases.  It was the same thing under Burke when Leaf fans thought they could and JFJ Jr before him when they signed all those former offensive stars.

Let's try and win a playoff round first my Leaf friends.  Its only been 15 years.

Melnyk might be a clown but he hates to lose for very long.  Given his history he's more likely to push for those two to stay because he has no interest in becoming Edmonton and hoping and  praying on draft picks alone.

I was most critical of the leafs organization through all of that.
I have never once been optimistic until now.

Ottawa should be foaming at the mouth at our organizational depth, our coaching and our management team.
Melnyk has a staff 1/16th our size.

You, as usual, are talking out of your ass.

Enjoy the season, boys.
AHL hockey at it's finest.

I came in here given reasonable discussions to your current situation, but if you're going to throw stones around, fine. Your franchise is the butt of every single NHL joke right now. Enjoy it!

Because you can't lump every leafs fan into one category out of hatred or jealousy. But if that's the card you want to play, go for it. You're only making yourself look like a troll (which is the norm for you isn't it).

Have a good week-end.
Thanks given by:
Getting rid of Duchenes and Stone for rentals (low return) is not reasonable or helpful. After Karlsson, Methot, Turris, Phaneuf and a few others I've probablly forgotten I think that's enough.

Ok, well, bye now and thank you
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-22, 02:45 PM)Chip Wrote: Ottawa should be foaming at the mouth at our organizational depth, our coaching and our management team.

You, as usual, are talking out of your ass.

Enjoy the season, boys.
AHL hockey at it's finest.

IYour franchise is the butt of every single NHL joke right now. Enjoy it!

The truth is revealed.  :-)
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-22, 02:45 PM)Chip Wrote:
(2018-09-22, 02:22 PM)Rinkrat Wrote: I'm sorry and with respect but no, Leaf fans are the last people to talk about rebuilds to other fan bases.  It was the same thing under Burke when Leaf fans thought they could and JFJ Jr before him when they signed all those former offensive stars.

Let's try and win a playoff round first my Leaf friends.  Its only been 15 years.

Melnyk might be a clown but he hates to lose for very long.  Given his history he's more likely to push for those two to stay because he has no interest in becoming Edmonton and hoping and  praying on draft picks alone.

I was most critical of the leafs organization through all of that.
I have never once been optimistic until now.

Ottawa should be foaming at the mouth at our organizational depth, our coaching and our management team.

Just so you know, a lot of us could give a shit less about the type of team we have. We could have the best player in the world, the most stacked defense or offense, the best goalie or whatever, it doesn't matter because its under Melnyk. We want him gone first and foremost.

A 1 year arb deal doesn't guarantee Stone wants out. Based on that kind of assumption is it fair to say AM34 needed to be consoled by the coach via Babs flying out to meet him because he has character issues? No its bs. There is no indication thay Stone wants to leave or any of that. With Karlsson there's at least him stating he wants to be paid what he's worth, even if its a subtle way to tell El Cheapo he won't be taking any discounts like he did on his first year.
Thanks given by:
Especially since Stone just stated he felt they were really close and only signed the 1 year deal last minute so he didn’t have to go to arbitration. I’d say Chip is also talking out his ass on that point.
Thanks given by:
I do agree that no matter what kind of team it'll be great when Melnyk leaves! He's just not suited for NHL ownership until then take the good with the bad.
Thanks given by: