Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming radio sites
Does anyone know of any good sites I can download on my phone then listen in the vehicle?

I got new work truck 2 months ago but it did not come with Sirius XM,  much to my dismay.

So I had the XM radio installed.   Unfortunately all the other cool features the factory radio had were not included in the satellite radio.   Plus the satellite signal constantly goes out.  I've had enough & I'm getting it switched back over to stock.

I want to be able to listen to same music,  sports stations, etc.
Thanks given by:
KDKB in Arizona is a great rock station - they play rock that kicks your ass, none of that namby pamby stuff.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 01:56 PM)CTS Wrote: Does anyone know of any good sites I can download on my phone then listen in the vehicle?

I got new work truck 2 months ago but it did not come with Sirius XM,  much to my dismay.

So I had the XM radio installed.   Unfortunately all the other cool features the factory radio had were not included in the satellite radio.   Plus the satellite signal constantly goes out.  I've had enough & I'm getting it switched back over to stock.

You need to refresh your signal if it's going out, honestly, do that and things will be fine.
Thanks given by:
http://ltradio.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_pr...o_stations
" I don't drink these days. I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs "
Thanks given by:
Team 1260.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
http://www.ck750.com

http://www.cjvr.com
Thanks given by: lewis94
I like the tunein app. It has all the tsn sports stations and being a podcast junkie it has lots of them. I haven't used their music radio stations as I use google play or this app called jango.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 01:56 PM)CTS Wrote: Does anyone know of any good sites I can download on my phone then listen in the vehicle?

I assume the truck has bluetooth, so if it does, download a radio app on your phone--either tunein radio or Iheart radio-- and then listen through the app while connected to your car speakers through bluetooth. Data charges obviously apply.
Thanks given by:
This is probably a dumb question as I'm not tech savvy at all, but do all music apps use data? Even if it's already downloaded on my phone?
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 06:44 PM)CTS Wrote: This is probably a dumb question as I'm not tech savvy at all,   but do all music apps use data?  Even if it's already downloaded on my phone?

Yes because not all the songs get downloaded unless they're pre-loaded onto the app. You can also download songs you want on your phone over wifi and then use the same bluetooth method to play the songs from your phone through your car speakers without the need for data (as they're already downloaded to your phones memory)

Radio apps and other music apps work the same way as your YouTube app works, by streaming videos or songs directly from the internet.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
I have Apple Music subscription and listen to Rock Station in Kanas City 98.9 The Rock , KQRC. A good mix of rock and classic rock. I also use a radio station app on my Smart Phone.
"Congratulations you are at the right place at the right time"
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 06:44 PM)CTS Wrote: This is probably a dumb question as I'm not tech savvy at all,   but do all music apps use data?  Even if it's already downloaded on my phone?

Yeah they will. 

If data is what you are worried about, you should find some good podcasts and download them. That's what I do with TSN1260 and 630CHED. I will download the show episodes and listen to them while I am out an about. Biggest benefit: no commercials!

I've also stumbled upon some very interesting history shows this way.
Thanks given by:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_...freshradio

You seem to be concerned about something that isn't a long term problem, and has a relatively simple fix. (Your satellite radio that is)

If the music is already downloaded on your phone, no, it won't use data. If the music is streaming, yes, it will use data.
Thanks given by:
Dan Carlin's Common Sense podcast.
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 02:36 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Team 1260.

living in RD I can get 960 out of Calgary with no problem, but 1260 out of Edmonton is hit and miss as far as getting a clear signal. (just using regular car radio)
Thanks given by:

If the songs themselves are downloaded on your phone, it doesn't, but the apps would.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2018-08-10, 10:25 AM)theDC Wrote:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_...freshradio

You seem to be concerned about something that isn't a long term problem, and has a relatively simple fix. (Your satellite radio that is)

If the music is already downloaded on your phone, no, it won't use data. If the music is streaming, yes, it will use data.

This isn't the problem. I've had to take the truck back in a few times so the installer could fix it. Had to keep moving the antenna. Every time I go over a bump or something, the signal goes out. It's ridiculous, sort of like back in the day when we had CD players & you hit a bump & the disc would skip.

Anyways, I've had enough
Thanks given by: