Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Transfers
United have signed Fred.

Wilma and Barney, next?
Thanks given by:
Arsenal brought in Lichsteiner, or whatever his name is - the Swiss RB from Juve. Should be a good backup for Bellerin. He’s versatile and can play in the midfield. It was on a free transfer so nothing for me to complain about.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Lichtensteiner is a very underrated player. On the older side, but excellent at all aspects of right backing.

United just also signed Diogo Dalot. Porto youngster. Good price I guess. Never heard of this dude, but all the Porto fans I know are ticked about losing this guy.

Milt don't forget you guys got Fabinho, who instantly cleans up your midfield after losing Can (polarizing player for sure) to Juve. Also that Keita sale from last year. It's basically going to fly under the radar all summer, but he looks promising.
Thanks given by:
SO Fred is official?
Does this mean that Man U don't need pube head anymore?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-06, 12:03 PM)lillypad_33 Wrote: SO Fred is official?
Does this mean that Man U don't need pube head anymore?

Talk of Elbows going to Arsenal. But he's a free agent so expect him to be connected with every half decent club in Europe by his agent, until he eventually signs for Everton or West Ham.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-06, 09:09 AM)Busby Wrote: Lichtensteiner is a very underrated player.  On the older side, but excellent at all aspects of right backing.

United just also signed Diogo Dalot.  Porto youngster.  Good price I guess.  Never heard of this dude, but all the Porto fans I know are ticked about losing this guy.

Milt don't forget you guys got Fabinho, who instantly cleans up your midfield after losing Can (polarizing player for sure) to Juve.  Also that Keita sale from last year.  It's basically going to fly under the radar all summer, but he looks promising.

Can was never a lock for a spot, and he is positionally poor, so Klopp was never a big fan. He is like a less talented Pogba.

I like the Fabinho move. I suspect he will be first on the team sheet for mids instead of Henderson. He is a genuine number 6.
Naby Keita is an exciting player who is way beyond being a prospect, and I expect him to push Wijnaldum and Milner down the team sheet.
I think our ideal midfield three next season ends up being Fabinho, Keita and Oxlade (and kudos to him for climbing into that position - I never liked the signing to be honest).

I'm not too sure what else we are looking for beyond a Keeper, I would think we might need one more decent CB, as for sure Klavan is a liability.
We have a couple of on loan forwards coming back, Sturridge (FFS) and Origi.  Personally I would lose all of them for one  quality Firmino alternative.

In reality what we need as another player approaching the Firmino, Mane, Salah level, with pure pace and skill, not an out and out striker, who can rotate in all three positions. Its what we didn't have in the CL Final, when Sala went off.
Thanks given by:
Luxury that though Milt. A guy on that level of form would be at another club starting regularly. Long gone are the days where a team could have four/five quality forwards or even three now, that are mostly first team level. I think there's way too much competition from a larger pool of teams these days. The answer is in the youth set up. Gotta start getting these quality youngsters through. Been saying this for yonks now. United are no exception at all. We have about four that I'd like to see a lot of next season, Gomes especially.

I feel like Can was as close to a first choice mid for you guys as you could get. I think when he wasn't signing, Klopp moved it along a bit and started him way less, but this is anecdotal. A guy like Can is worth an easy 40M in todays market....will you replace him legitimately?
Thanks given by:
Fekir has passed his Liverpool Medical apparently.

If you guys don't buy a GK this window, it will make for an interesting season.
Thanks given by:
We just signed that luxury player. Very happy with our recruitment last few Windows.
Now get Allison and we are all set.
Thanks given by:
So Fekir fell through. Weird. Rarely this happens these days eh.

Lemar to Atletico Madrid. Veeeery interesting as this relates to Griezmann. Reports saying he stays now.

Spains World Cup coach is also going to Madrid when the WC is over. Weird to announce this now given the potential division in the Spain squad. Their squad blows up and they play poorly...heard it here first.

Also Rooney to MLS inches closer.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 10:39 PM)Busby Wrote: So Fekir fell through.  Weird.  Rarely this happens these days eh.

Lemar to Atletico Madrid.  Veeeery interesting as this relates to Griezmann.  Reports saying he stays now.  

Spains World Cup coach is also going to Madrid when the WC is over.  Weird to announce this now given the potential division in the Spain squad.  Their squad blows up and they play poorly...heard it here first.

Call me Bustradamus.  Spain have sacked the manager. Hierro to take over.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-13, 09:55 AM)Busby Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 10:39 PM)Busby Wrote: So Fekir fell through.  Weird.  Rarely this happens these days eh.

Lemar to Atletico Madrid.  Veeeery interesting as this relates to Griezmann.  Reports saying he stays now.  

Spains World Cup coach is also going to Madrid when the WC is over.  Weird to announce this now given the potential division in the Spain squad.  Their squad blows up and they play poorly...heard it here first.

Call me Bustradamus.  Spain have sacked the manager. Hierro to take over.

You've bolded the whole thing and not a game has been played yet.... I'll call you that IF they crash out of the group phase.  I suspect we'll see them in the Semi's at worst, even with this fiasco.
Thanks given by:
Evra and Collins will not be renewed by WH. I'm looking forward to the type of team Pellegrini brings forth. He's the most creative manager we've ever had.

I'm liking the Ryan Frederick's signing. His Sprint is really fast and he'll be great off the bench or at the start of half. Hoping they get Felipe Anderson or Shaqiri
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Didn't Anderson go to China?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-18, 10:25 AM)Busby Wrote: Didn't Anderson go to China?

Not that I know of. Can't find any reports of that. Last I read Lazio is asking for 35 million lol
Thanks given by:
Arsenal sign Bernd Leno. Likely meaning one of Ospina/Cech leaving.

Also close to the signature of Lucas Torreira, who I don’t know much about but features in Uruguay’s squad so I’ll keep a close eye on.
Thanks given by:
Officially? I wasn't sure it was official.

Either way, that's some intent isn't it!?
Thanks given by:
Leno is official. Thought Torreira was, but sounds like it may wait until the WC is over.

I think we might see Ospina on the move. Cech wants to stay in London. Maybe West Ham could use him?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-20, 11:21 AM)encore Wrote: Leno is official. Thought Torreira was, but sounds like it may wait until the WC is over.

I think we might see Ospina on the move. Cech wants to stay in London. Maybe West Ham could use him?

Not a fan of his but Cech would definitkey be an upgrade over Adrian
Thanks given by:
Fred is official
Thanks given by: