Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweden World Championships/Pettersson
(2018-05-09, 06:11 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2018-05-09, 05:54 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:
(2018-05-08, 04:38 PM)trapper Wrote: Boeser for  Draisaitl.

Oilers need cap space and a scoring winger for McD the canucks need no 1 center.

Works for me.

Pass.

I wouldn't trade Boeser for Draisaitl. Boeser is going to be a perennial 35+ goal scorer in this league. He's one of those rare one shot goal scorer. Tough to find those. Plus, we already have our future #1 center - Elias Pettersson.

When Dry Saddle doesn't play with McSavior his stats lack. When he centres his own line they get outscored and out chanced. Then add in his huge cap hit. 

I like Leon as a player, he's great as a winger that enhances a top centre but one that doesn't enhance his wingers in the same way when he plays centre. 

Not that I would describe Leon as a fire hydrant with his skill set but as Glenn Sather once said about a generational talent that helped BJ McDonald get 46 goals and only to be traded away, "Even a fire hydrant could score 46 goals playing with Gretzky"

McDavid made Patrick Maroon have a career season. It's the equivalent of the Sedins who had MANY linemates have career seasons to get big pay days.

Please name one. Don't say Burrows, because he made THEM better
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Burrows made the Sedins better? Laugh Laugh Laugh

Thanks given by:
(2018-05-21, 02:58 AM)Highstyx Wrote:

Oilers need cap space and a scoring winger for McD the canucks need no 1 center.

Works for me.

Pass.

I wouldn't trade Boeser for Draisaitl. Boeser is going to be a perennial 35+ goal scorer in this league. He's one of those rare one shot goal scorer. Tough to find those. Plus, we already have our future #1 center - Elias Pettersson.

When Dry Saddle doesn't play with McSavior his stats lack. When he centres his own line they get outscored and out chanced. Then add in his huge cap hit. 

I like Leon as a player, he's great as a winger that enhances a top centre but one that doesn't enhance his wingers in the same way when he plays centre. 

Not that I would describe Leon as a fire hydrant with his skill set but as Glenn Sather once said about a generational talent that helped BJ McDonald get 46 goals and only to be traded away, "Even a fire hydrant could score 46 goals playing with Gretzky"

McDavid made Patrick Maroon have a career season. It's the equivalent of the Sedins who had MANY linemates have career seasons to get big pay days.

I'm a HUGE Burrows fan.... but come on Styx... this is... to put it mildly, very silly.

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-21, 01:11 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

Works for me.

Pass.

I'm a HUGE Burrows fan.... but come on Styx... this is... to put it mildly, very silly.
Styx is on the twix bars again.....those things are dangerous.   Laugh
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:

Works for me.

Pass.

Anson Carter?
Thanks given by:
Signed....

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouv...-298749566

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Elias Pettersson to a three-year entry-level contract.

"Elias is a talented offensive player with tremendous vision and skill," said General Manager Jim Benning. "Like most Canucks fans we watched with excitement the incredible season he had in Sweden. This is an important offseason of training and development for Elias and we expect him to be ready to challenge for a roster spot in training camp."

Pettersson, 19, recently completed his first season with Vaxjo HC, leading the SHL in both regular season (24-32-56 in 44 GP) and playoff scoring (10-9-19 in 13 GP) en route to the SHL Championship as well as Rookie of the Year, Best Forward, MVP and Playoff MVP honours. The 6-2, 161-pound forward's point totals in both the regular season and the playoffs also set a new SHL record for scoring by a U20 player.

On the international stage, the Sundsvall, Sweden native recently registered three points in five World Hockey Championship games. He also helped lead Sweden to silver at the World Junior Championship, tying for fourth in tournament scoring (7) and shots (23).

Pettersson was drafted by Vancouver in the first round, fifth overall, at the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Thanks given by:
Hey KB, 

I noticed he cunningly injured his non signing hand... Those Swedes... always one step ahead!!!  Wink

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Do you think he would go to the AHL if for some strange reason he doesn't play with the big club? Or do you think he would head back to Sweden? I'm pretty sure he'll be with the Nucks, but there could be a minuscule chance he isn't.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-25, 11:17 AM)teamblue Wrote: Do you think he would go to the AHL if for some strange reason he doesn't play with the big club? Or do you think he would head back to Sweden? I'm pretty sure he'll be with the Nucks, but there could be a minuscule chance he isn't.

I think he would, simply cause I don't think he would spend even close to the whole season there

the speed he was adapting to nhl caliber competition at the world championships was crazy

he cold still bust lol, but I have to really stretch my imagination at this point to figure out how

all I can come up with is his small frame not being nhl ready, and him getting worn down over an 82 game schedule

that ended up taking its toll on boeser, and is what I believe caused his slow down in the winter and ended up getting him injured at the end of the season, although pettersson ended up playing way more hockey as a 19 year old at a higher level than boeser did, so who knows
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
Boeser slowed down a bit because he injured his wrist against Tampa. I don't think his wrist was a 100% after that injury. 

And the injury that ended his season was just a freak injury. I don't think it has anything to do with him being tired.

Thanks given by:
(2018-05-25, 11:56 AM)binder Wrote:
(2018-05-25, 11:17 AM)teamblue Wrote: Do you think he would go to the AHL if for some strange reason he doesn't play with the big club? Or do you think he would head back to Sweden? I'm pretty sure he'll be with the Nucks, but there could be a minuscule chance he isn't.

I think he would, simply cause I don't think he would spend even close to the whole season there

the speed he was adapting to nhl caliber competition at the world championships was crazy

he cold still bust lol, but I have to really stretch my imagination at this point to figure out how

all I can come up with is his small frame not being nhl ready, and him getting worn down over an 82 game schedule

that ended up taking its toll on boeser, and is what I believe caused his slow down in the winter and ended up getting him injured at the end of the season, although pettersson ended up playing way more hockey as a 19 year old at a higher level than boeser did, so who knows

In the sportsnet article saying he signed, when asked about AHL, he only hesitated and then said he wants to be in NHL as quick as possible, if he had to play in AHL first to do that, he would.

But I do agree with you, I think he'll be on the big club next year.
Thanks given by:
One thing to add from the interview that EP had on TSN 1040 afternoon show was that he's up to 177 lbs. That's 12 lbs in less than a year. Adding another 13 lbs in the next 2 years is not out of the question to get to 190. EP got knocked down a fair bit at the World Hockey Championship but to his credit he also performed very well.

Like with the Sedins the Canucks have to be a bit patient for EP to gain a bit more strength before he can unleash his skill to the full extent. He's going to get knocked around but he'll overcome that.
Thanks given by:
You know who used to fall down a lot? The Sedins.
Only Elias will be able to dictate his own future as far as making the NHL next season. He's done everything right so far. I could see Elias coming to camp in the 180's this year. His height would indicate his frame will tac on more weight as he gets older, so for me, it's just a matter of time, but bringing him in, if he's ready, would be huge for this franchise as this team needs his skill set. Looking at how Boeser came in and exceeded every ones expectations, it would be really something to see Elias come in and do the same.

As for this Draisaitl talk... I dunno where to begin, so I won't.
Thanks given by: