Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THN top 50 - not-so-Habby edition
Disco Stu's take (hint PK Subban alert): 

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hocke...hns-top-50
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 01:49 PM)Habituated Wrote: Disco Stu's take (hint PK Subban alert): 

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hocke...hns-top-50

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by:
Well only the top-20 are shown so can't comment on the rest.

However, how the heck is Malkin raked 14th??? Do these guys actually watch hockey? And if you're going to put Bergeron 7th (ludicrous also) because he plays defense then you can't put Karlsson at 4 who plays zero defense and Weber should be in the top-50. No consistency whatsoever.
Thanks given by:
Interesting that 11 of the top 20 are top 2 picks. It's almost like you have a much better chance at getting a top player with one of those picks
Thanks given by:
It's completely subjective. Here's my top 10:

1. Shea Weber
2. Real David Schlemko
3. Carey Price
4. Max Domi
5. Paul Byron
6. Shea Weber's beard
7. Fake David Schlemko
8. Jo Drouin
9. Sidney Crosby
10. Connor McDavid
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 02:43 PM)mada7 Wrote: Interesting that 11 of the top 20 are top 2 picks. It's almost like you have a much better chance at getting a top player with one of those picks

#loseforhughes
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 02:45 PM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 02:43 PM)mada7 Wrote: Interesting that 11 of the top 20 are top 2 picks. It's almost like you have a much better chance at getting a top player with one of those picks

#loseforhughes

There does seem to be a correlation. Wink 

And an incentive for the motto/hashtag of the season (much better than No Excuses, for sure).
Thanks given by:

Gonna have to crunch some numbers and stroke my chin over this one for a few hours. Logic that so resolutely flies in the face of conventional wisdom never sits well with me.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 02:45 PM)RightNyder Wrote: It's completely subjective. Here's my top 10:

1. Shea Weber
2. Real David Schlemko
3. Carey Price
4. Max Domi
5. Paul Byron
6. Shea Weber's beard
7. Fake David Schlemko
8. Jo Drouin
9. Sidney Crosby
10. Connor McDavid

If nothing else, I'm happy/sad to see you've finally turned the page on DD.
Thanks given by:
The odds of getting Hughes is slim for the Habs but what I have heard about him from many sources he could be an amazing star player in the NHL.Habs have some good prospects and if a large portion of them turn out to be good the Habs in the future will be a good team..maybe like the Blues year after year contending but not winning the big prize.But if the goal is to win the cup they will have to have a player like Hughes on their team.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 03:08 PM)johnnylarue Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 02:45 PM)RightNyder Wrote: It's completely subjective. Here's my top 10:

1. Shea Weber
2. Real David Schlemko
3. Carey Price
4. Max Domi
5. Paul Byron
6. Shea Weber's beard
7. Fake David Schlemko
8. Jo Drouin
9. Sidney Crosby
10. Connor McDavid

If nothing else, I'm happy/sad to see you've finally turned the page on DD.

Never. The minute he returns from dominating whatever league he's supposed to be in, he rockets to the top of the list.

[Image: Ghc8IQb.gif]
Thanks given by: