Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSN: Insider Trading: Could Soshnikov clause pressure Leafs to make a move?
If I recall correctly the US Thanksgiving is when teams assess needs and wants going forward. So any tie after the 23rd November we could see some major moves including the Leafs!
No Place to Run, No Place to Hide!!
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-14, 04:35 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: If I recall correctly the US Thanksgiving is when teams assess needs and wants going forward. So any tie after the 23rd November we could see some major moves including the Leafs!

typically this is the time when NHL Gm's look at their teams and think what its going to take for them to get to the playoffs..its also a time when they look at the standings and see how hard it might be to make up points..since the induction of the Cap era there really are few and far between trades done in mid season and that sucks..i think it adds excitement for the fans..right now there are teams who needs scoring and teams who need defense help and its all up to the GM's to find a suitable dance partner and the good thing about having Lou Lamoriello as our Gm is he is highly respected and people like dealing with him..not like a GM we had not too long ago..i trust before the playoffs start this team will look very different..in a good way
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-14, 04:27 PM)MisterZ Wrote: If JVR can't get you what you need in a trade, we must re-sign him. I'm okay with trading Bozak and Komarov (as great as he is in his role), as they are replaceable.

We do not have another JVR in our system. I would spend the 6 million per year for him. He is worth it and you find a way to work around it.

I would agree with this.
I'm not sure he'd take less money for longer term and a more cap friendly deal.
It's a risk but if he'd take 5.5 for 6 years I would do it.
He's got underrated hands.

That being said, Bozak and Komarov aren't getting you much in any trade scenario unless we sweeten the deal with picks/prospects.

Which is what I think we need to do. It's time to do a Duschene type trade and give up multiple assets for a young D man, simple as that. I know those types of discussions weren't well liked in the past, but this team is ready for that type of trade, unlike the days when we did those types of trades (kessel), and didn't have a team to support it.

Now we do.
And I think you do a Komarov, 1st, and 2nd / prospect --- whatever it takes, even if it's marner, whoever it is as long as it's an equally skilled D man coming back, I'm all for it.

We wont win a thing unless we have our version of a Pronger or Lidstrom. Those are the types of D that win you cups. I love Reilly, but we don't have much after him in terms of shut down D.
Tears streaming down my cheeks, just take me to Lansdowne Street...
Thanks given by: